[Law-envtlcert] FW: ALI CLE (Environmental Law 2017)

Hsu, Shi-Ling shsu at law.fsu.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:03:34 EST 2016

Folks:

Please see below for an announcement for scholarships for a short course in Environmental Law, offered by the American Law Institute, February 9-10, in Washington DC. If you are awarded a tuition scholarship, you are responsible for transportation and lodging. We will nominate any qualified student, but *please* only ask to be nominated if you are definitely able and willing to go - we only get to nominate one, so we want to nominate someone who will take advantage of it! You can also watch the course via video, and we are not limited to only one of those.

Please provide your address, phone number, and email, and whether you want to attend in person or watch online.

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D24999.58BAB260]

November 28, 2016

Dean Erin O'Hara O'Connor
Florida State University College of Law
425 W Jefferson St # R201
Tallahassee, FL  32301-1609

Dear Dean O'Connor:

American Law Institute CLE has approved 25 full-tuition scholarships to allow deserving law students to attend its annual course, Environmental Law, to be held Thursday - Friday, February 9-10, 2017, at the Washington Plaza Hotel in Washington, D.C.  For a PDF file of the announcement describing this course, please click on the following link http://files.ali-aba.org/pdf/2017-CY015scholarship-flyer.pdf . We will provide hard copies of the announcement for posting at school upon request.  More information can also be found at https://www.ali-cle.org/CY015.  Please note that the conference no longer features optional introductory-level lectures, and as a result will be more advanced in scope.

For in person attendance at the Washington, D.C. conference, American Law Institute CLE will accept the first 25 scholarship nominations from across the country for full-time students currently matriculated in law school on a first-come basis. Each law school may only nominate one student to attend in Washington, D.C.; you may also nominate additional students to watch the live video webcast of the course. Unfortunately, no funds are available to defray students' travel and on-site expenses in connection with this course.

All nominations must be received no later than Monday, January 2, 2017.  Please include the students' full names, local addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses so that acknowledgments may be emailed directly to the student.  Please also indicate which student would prefer to attend the course in person.

Please direct your nominations to my assistant, Pam McCutcheon DeLarge, at pmccutcheon at ali-cle.org<mailto:pmccutcheon at ali-cle.org>.

Thanks very much for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely yours,
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D24988.82B31500]

Amy S. Weinberg
American Law Institute CLE Office of Content Production

ASW:pmd
Enclosure