[Law-envtlcert] FW: [Envlawprofessors - UOregon] Accepting applications for SJD in Environmental Law

Hsu, Shi-Ling shsu at law.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 11 22:00:12 EST 2016

Certificate and LLM students:

See below. Pace Law School has a SJD program, which is like a PhD in Law, and is meant to prepare you for a career in law teaching. I can't really say how successful they are in placing SJD grads in law teaching jobs, but at least if you get a scholarship, you may be getting paid to continue law school. I know - you would *need* to get paid to go through more law school.

This could be a good option if you really have a burning research question that you'd like to pursue after finishing law school.

Shi-Ling Hsu
John W. Larson Professor of Law and
    Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law/events/fall-2015-environmental-forum>

Pace Law School is pleased to announce that new scholarships are available for our highly selective SJD in Environmental Law. We are currently accepting applications from those interested in researching and writing in the following areas:

-        Administrative Law

-        Agricultural Law

o   Preservation of agricultural land in food sheds

-        Animal Law and Policy

-        Citizen Environmental Enforcement

-        Climate Change Law and Policy

o   Resilient communities and climate change

o   SDGs and International Law

-        Comparative Environmental Law and Policy

o   Brazilian environmental law and policy and environmental jurisprudence

o   Comparative and Global Environmental Law & Politics (U.S./China/Europe)

o   Public Procurement Law and the Environment (U.S./EU)

o   Russian Environmental Law

o   US/China air pollution mitigation measures

-        Energy Law and Policy

o   Economic advantages of renewable energy

o   Environmentally Sound Management of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Resources

o   Land use regulation of renewable and clean energy facilities

-        Food Systems Law and Policy

o   Global Food Security

o   Informational Labeling and Regulation/Eco-Labeling

o   Preservation of agricultural land in food sheds

-        Historic Preservation and Cultural Heritage Law

-        Informational Labeling and Regulation/Eco-Labeling

-        International Environmental Law and Policy

o   SDGs and International Law

o   International human rights

-        Land Use Law and Policy

o   Land use regulation of renewable and clean energy facilities

o   Preservation of agricultural land in food sheds

o   Resilient communities and climate change

o   Sustainable land development

o   The evolution of land use law over its first 100 years in the U.S.

-        Natural Resources Law and Policy

o   Water resources/rights law

-        Public Health Law and Policy

-        Public Procurement Law and the Environment (U.S./EU)

-        Regulatory Environmental Law

o   Clean Air Act

o   Citizen environmental enforcement

o   US/China air pollution mitigation measures

o   Water pollution law (incl. Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act)

-        Regulation of Individual Behavior

Our SJD graduates go on to teach environmental law and policy in law schools in the United States and abroad. To learn more about this unique degree and how to apply, please visit law.pace.edu/doctor-juridical-science-environmental-law<http://www.law.pace.edu/doctor-juridical-science-environmental-law>.

Thank you,
Laura

Laura E. Jensen, J.D., LL.M.
Director of Environmental Law Programs