[Law-envtlcert] FW: Memphis Meats - Paid, part-time remote research position

Hsu, Shi-Ling shsu at law.fsu.edu
Mon Jun 20 21:14:08 EDT 2016

Certificate students: see below for a part-time job announcement.
Shi-Ling Hsu
D’Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1601
ssrn: http://papers.ssrn.com/author_id=182577
website: http://myweb.fsu.edu/shsu/

Greetings all,
Please forward this opportunity to anyone interested:
Memphis Meats is an early stage cultured meat startup.  We are developing cutting-edge technology to grow real meat from animal cells, without having to raise or slaughter animals.  We had our media debut in February in the Wall Street Journal<http://www.wsj.com/articles/sizzling-steaks-may-soon-be-lab-grown-1454302862>, and Fortune Magazine has called us "The Hottest Tech in Silicon Valley<http://fortune.com/2016/04/25/memphis-meats-lab-grown-meat/>." Several months ago we closed our seed round oversubscribed at $3.1 million.  See here<http://www.memphismeats.com/new-page/> for a list of other significant media attention.
We are looking for law students to do some part-time, remote research on USDA/FDA regulations.  The research would be focused primarily on the labeling of meat products (for instance, what is required to obtain labels including "organic," "no added hormones," etc), as well as guidelines for advertising our products (for instance, representing and discussing meat products on social media or online advertisements).  This is a paid, part-time position, with a flexible start-date/timeline.
If you are interested or would like to hear more, please contact David Kay at david at memphismeats.com<mailto:david at memphismeats.com>.