[Law-envtlcert] FW: USDOJ Environment and Natural Resources Division - Opportunities for Law School Students

Hsu, Shi-Ling shsu at law.fsu.edu
Wed Jul 27 20:24:32 EDT 2016

Folks:

Please see the attached documents (and the email below, originally addressed to Dean Emeritus Weidner) regarding opportunities with the US Dept. of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division. The deadline for applying for the Honors program is September 6, and the letter says that DOJ will begin hiring clerks - unpaid - on August 1. That sounds like not so much a deadline, but the date at which they start reviewing applications, so you would want yours to be in the pile by then.

I can add that because FSU now offers a number of courses online, especially environmental ones, it is possible for you to take one of the clerk positions in another city as an externship, and fill out your schedule with online courses. See Professor Gertz about that.

Shi-Ling

Dean Weidner,

Attached to this email is a letter from Assistant Attorney General John Cruden regarding upcoming opportunities for law students with U.S. Department of Justice's Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD). Additionally, we've included with this email is a pamphlet about the Division and its work, as well as two information sheets - one on our honors attorney program, and one on our law clerk program. Finally, here is a link<https://youtu.be/5npQaOEAEVg> to a video that features some personal narrative experiences by attorneys working at ENRD.

We hope that you will be able to share these with your career services office, professors, and students.

Please feel free to direct any questions you may have to recruitment.enrd at usdoj.gov<mailto:recruitment.enrd at usdoj.gov>.

Thanks very much for your time.

Jake

Jake Castellaw
Program Coordinator
Environment and Natural Resources Division
U.S. Department of Justice
(202) 514-4150