[Law-envtlcert] FW: ABA-SEER ADR Committee writing competition: DEADLINE EXTENDED to May 27

Pickern, Lindsey LHatcher at law.fsu.edu
Tue May 19 14:54:22 EDT 2015

The ADR Committee of the ABA's SEER is thrilled to be hosting a Law Student Writing Competition.  Now that finals are over, please encourage your students to submit a paper (max. 2,000 words).

We are looking for the best essays discussing "any aspect of dispute resolution practice, theory or research related to environmental, energy, or natural resource conflicts" or analyzing "the dispute resolution process used in a particular case."

First prize is $1,000, second prize is $750, and third prize is $500.  Winners' essays will be publicized and published on our website and in our newsletter.

The submission deadline has been extended to May 27, 2015.    Note that very few submissions were received by the original deadline of April 13, so your student may be winning the prize money.

The full rules are available on the committee's website: http://apps.americanbar.org/dch/committee.cfm?com=NR504000

Thank you.

Michele Straube, Director (and co-chair of ABA-SEER ADR Newsletter Committee)
Environmental Dispute Resolution Program
Wallace Stegner Center for Land, Resources &  Environment
S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah
332 S. 1400 E, Room 101, Salt Lake City, UT  84112-0730
801-585-5516 (o); 801-455-5789 (cell)
michele.straube at law.utah.edu<mailto:michele.straube at law.utah.edu>
http://www.law.utah.edu/projects/edr/

Visit our EDR Blog:  <http://www.law.utah.edu/blogs/edr-blog/> www.edrblog.org<http://www.law.utah.edu/blogs/edr-blog/> <http://www.law.utah.edu/blogs/edr-blog/>