[Law-envtlcert] Announcement - Harvard's Emily Broad Leib

Pickern, Lindsey LHatcher at law.fsu.edu
Thu Jun 25 08:25:42 EDT 2015

Sent on behalf of Professor Hsu. If you do apply, please let Professor Hsu know that you are doing so.

Hi all,

While I'm emailing, I wanted to also take a moment to let you know about an event we are holding this fall that I hope will be of interest to many of your students. We just announced it today...

We will be hosting a Student Food Law Leadership Summit at Harvard Law School on October 2-4. This Summit will convene law students from around the country that are interested in food law and policy, and will offer a chance for them to hear from national experts about key food law and policy issues; develop strategies to launch or expand student food law organizations; build a national network of like-minded students; and develop coordinated strategies to address some of our pressing food law and policy issues. Thanks to a fantastic donor, we have the funding to pay for travel and accommodations for all accepted students.

I wanted to solicit your help in getting this information to your students. You can share the attached flyer, or send them directly to information online here: http://www.chlpi.org/food-law-and-policy/food-law-student-leadership-summit/. I hope that we will have diverse representation from across the country and from many of the law schools represented on this list!

In addition, if you have students applying to attend that you think are truly fantastic, please let me know so that I can keep an eye out for their applications and make sure to give them an extra boost.

Best,
Emily

Emily M. Broad Leib
Director, Food Law and Policy Clinic
Deputy Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation
Harvard Law School
122 Boylston Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
P: 617-390-2590