[Law-envtlcert] FW: two items for Environmental Certificate students

Markell, Dave DMarkell at law.fsu.edu
Mon Sep 15 11:21:36 EDT 2014

Dear Environmental Certificate students (if anyone on this list is no longer pursuing a Certificate, please let Lindsey Hatcher know and we'll take you off of the list),

Two items for you:

1) This Thursday at 12:30 in A106 is our first Enrichment guest lecture of the semester.   Vinette Godelia, a partner with Hopping Green and Sams, will talk about her experiences and practice.   Please let Lindsey Hatcher know if you plan to attend so that we can order an appropriate number of lunches.  As you will recall, each student needs to attend two enrichment events per semester.   For your convenience, I've attached again the list of enrichment events scheduled for the fall.

2) The deadline for summer positions with the U.S. Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD) is this Friday.  E-mailed applications are preferred: http://www.justice.gov/enrd/ENRD_Law_Students.html.  It appears that, in addition to DC internships, DOJ now has internships with field offices in Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento, Boston, and Seattle.   Our students who have participated in this internship program have spoken highly of the experience.

Thanks very much.
Dave Markell

David L. Markell
Associate Dean for Environmental Programs
& Steven M. Goldstein Professor
Florida State University College of Law
Faculty web page: http://www.law.fsu.edu/faculty/dmarkell.html
SSRN author site:  http://ssrn.com/author=332679