[Law-envtlcert] 2014-15 Beveridge & Diamond Constitutional Environmental Law Writing Competition

Pickern, Lindsey LHatcher at law.fsu.edu
Wed Sep 10 09:17:26 EDT 2014

Sent on behalf of Professor David Markell, Steven M. Goldstein Professor and Associate Dean for Environmental Program:

Dear Law School Colleague,

The Environmental Law Institute<http://www.eli.org/> (ELI) is pleased to announce the 2014-15 Beveridge & Diamond<http://www.bdlaw.com/> Constitutional Environmental Law Writing Competition.

Organized by ELI and the National Association of Environmental Law Societies (NAELS), this annual competition invites law students from across the country to submit papers exploring current issues of constitutional environmental law. Our goal is to inform the ongoing debate about the constitutional legitimacy of environmental laws and to recognize students who have advanced the state of scholarship through original analysis of cutting-edge topics. The winner receives a $2000 cash prize, public recognition, an offer of publication in ELI's flagship journal, the Environmental Law Reporter<http://www.elr.info/welcome.cfm?CFID=4478913&CFTOKEN=24214019> (ELR), and a one-year individual membership to ELI.

Last year's competition produced winner Paul Stewart of Wayne State University. His article, "The Overlooked Vulnerabilities of State-Level Greenhouse Gas Regulations Under Pike Balancing and Possibilities for Addressing Those Vulnerabilities," will appear in the December 2014 issue of ELR.

A copy of the 2014-15 competition notice is attached. We would greatly appreciate your circulating it to appropriate law faculty and students. Submissions are due on April 6, 2015. For more about the competition and past winners, please visit http://www.eli.org/program_areas/writing_competition_index.cfm.

If you have any questions, please contact ELI Research Associate Talia Fox at fox at eli.org<mailto:fox at eli.org> or (202) 939-3241. Thank you for your assistance, and we look forward to receiving submissions from your law school!

Best regards,

Talia Fox
Research Associate
Environmental Law Institute | http://www.eli.org<blocked::http://www.eli.org>
2000 L Street NW, Suite 620 | Washington, DC 20036
fox at eli.org<mailto:fox at eli.org> | P: (202) 939-3241 | F: (202) 939-3868