[Law-envtlcert] Scholarships available for International Masters Program in Environmental & Natural Resourses Law

Hoover, Michael mhoover at law.fsu.edu
Wed Feb 5 15:17:12 EST 2014

Sent on behalf of Professor Donna Christie:

Dear Environmental Law Students:

            You may know that I will be teaching at the Ocean University of China at Qingdao this spring.  The University has asked me to reach out to you about their Masters program.  It seems to be an amazing opportunity for study, travel and cultural exchange.  Here is their request:

Our law school at the Ocean University of China has established an International Master Program in Environmental & Natural Resources Law. This master program will provide students with knowledge on basic theory of environmental law, environmental legislation and policy of China and other countries. The training activity mainly includes classroom teaching, research training, academic seminars, and discussion, etc. In addition, students can also have the opportunity to work as interns in the internship program of OUC Law.  This is a 2 year program, consisting of 4 semesters. The courses are taught in English by the full-time faculty and adjunct professors who are top level environmental law scholars and practitioners invited from across the country and around the world.
Most of the students can get a government scholarship granted by China Scholarship Council (http://en.csc.edu.cn/) which covers both the tuition as well as allowance for living. We can also help to apply for OUC International Students Headmaster Scholarship which covers the tuition.
I have sent you by mail the brochures about the program as well as our law school. If it is convenient for you, we hope you can help us to advertise the program among students. If there is anyone interested, please ask them to contact me directly. Thank you for your assistance and we appreciate it very much. We look forward to your visiting to OUC.

> Best regards,
> Ashley
>

> > Ashley Xuan
> Assistant of International Education Office School of Law & Political
> Science, Ocean University of China
> No.238 Songling Road, Qingdao, Shandong, China. 266100
> Email: iecols at ouc.edu.cn<mailto:iecols at ouc.edu.cn<mailto:iecols at ouc.edu.cn%3cmailto:iecols at ouc.edu.cn>>
> Mobile: 86-15964259979

I have not received the brochures yet, but I will make them available in the environmental suite as soon as I receive them.  I hope someone can take advantage of this unique opportunity.

Best regards,
Donna R. Christie
Elizabeth C. & Clyde W. Atkinson Professor of Law
Florida State University College of Law
Tallahassee, FL 32306