[Isl] Jeff Kaye Panel Discussion - "Smarter Homes for Better Aging"

Victoria Simon vsimon at fsu.edu
Mon Sep 18 15:02:46 EDT 2023

Watch panel of experts discuss "Smarter Homes for Better Aging" at the Tallahassee Senior Center on November 30 at 10am.

A national expert on aging will join researchers from Florida State University in a November 30 panel discussion on "Smarter Homes for Better Aging" that is open to the public.

The panel talk, featuring Jeff Kaye, M.D., of Oregon Health & Science University, will be at 10 a.m. at the Tallahassee Senior Center.

Joining Kaye will be FSU researchers:

  *   Neil Charness, Ph.D., Distinguished Research Professor of Psychology and Director of the Institute for Successful Longevity.
  *   Miles Taylor, Ph.D., Professor of Sociology and Director of the Pepper Institute on Aging and Public Policy.
  *   Dawn Carr, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology and Director of the Claude Pepper Center.
  *   Walter Boot, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology and Associate Director of the Institute for Successful Longevity.

"We are pleased to bring Dr. Jeff Kaye to Tallahassee and have him share his insights on how technology can help older adults," said Charness, who will act as moderator for the discussion. "We look forward to taking questions from the audience and hearing about their technology needs today and their expectations for the future."