[Isl] Poll: Dr. Yazmeen Hamza becomes an ISL Affiliate

Callie Kindelsperger cperson at fsu.edu
Thu Apr 7 09:06:28 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Please see the attached poll in consideration for Dr. Yasmeen Hamza to join our Affiliates list. In conjunction with our institute's new implemented by-laws, each new member to the Affiliates must be voted upon by our existing members before joining. At your earliest convenience, if you could input your results (a simple in approval/against, see the poll for more details), no later than Friday, April 15th, that would be appreciated.

Yasmeen Hamza (M.D., Ph.D.) will be joining Florida State University- School of Communication Science and Disorders, as an Assistant Professor, in the Fall of 2022. Yasmeen is currently a Postdoctoral Scholar at the Hearing and Speech Lab, University of California, Irvine, where she studies the association of cognitive decline with hearing loss and tinnitus. Yasmeen obtained her Ph.D. at KU Leuven, Belgium, as part of a Marie Curie Fellowship, where she assessed the speech perception of children with cochlear implants. She has also worked briefly for Cochlear BENELUX during her Ph.D. and completed a postdoc at the University of Rochester. Yasmeen is particularly interested in integrating her clinical experience with research. Her research interests span auditory processing, speech perception, cochlear implants, tinnitus, aging, and cognition.

We have included the candidate's current CV for your reference.
Proposal - Dr. Yazmeen Hamza becomes an ISL Affiliate
(View/vote in browser<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=61Bkowbbp0KNGwJnGfcB40lqPaC15tBBtrfN8au2L8tURE9BUzJVNkw0RUNCRkRWVFQ0S0cwQ0xFNi4u>)

We look forward to seeing the results!

Sincerely,
Callie Kindelsperger