[Isl] Davos Alzheimer's Initiative opportunity

Callie Kindelsperger cperson at fsu.edu
Mon Nov 22 16:52:54 EST 2021

Dear Affiliates:

The Davos conference group recently adopted an Alzheimer's initiative backed by about $700 million in funding over the next 6 years: https://www.davosalzheimerscollaborative.org/

The three themes they plan to address are global cohort development, global clinical trials, and healthcare system preparedness.  Paul Katz and I were looking at the third theme, concentrating on encouraging and providing better tools for physicians and other health professionals to screen more clients, perhaps looking at those at-risk, for instance, living in ALFs or other senior housing.

Davos released an October call for proposals with a Dec. 1 deadline that was too tight to assemble a working team. So, Paul and I discussed the idea of trying to assemble a team in advance of new calls that could respond quickly when a call was released.

If you have an interest in joining a working group on this topic, please let ISL know.

Neil Charness, Ph.D., William G. Chase Professor of Psychology
FSU Distinguished Research Professor
Director, Institute for Successful Longevity www.isl.fsu.edu<http:// www.isl.fsu.edu>
Department of Psychology, Florida State University
1107 West Call Street, Tallahassee, Florida, USA 32306-4301
Phone (office): 850-644-6686; Fax: 850-644-7739
E-mail: charness at psy.fsu.edu<mailto:charness at psy.fsu.edu>; http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~charness/