[Isl] Research center led by ISL Faculty Affiliate Eren Ozguven part of FSU's new Big Bets initiative

Willard Edmonds btedmond at fsu.edu
Wed Jun 16 13:56:05 EDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D762B7.5984EDA0]

A research center led by Eren Erman Ozguven, Associate Professor in the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering and a Faculty Affiliate of the Institute for Successful Longevity, is among three institutes featured in a new Florida State University initiative designed to amplify centers and institutes that are doing high-profile, public-impact research and connect them with donors interested in pursuing big questions.

The initiative, Big Bets<https://www.research.fsu.edu/big-bets>, is being led by interim Vice President for Research Laurel Fulkerson.

“Big Bets requires faculty to look several years, perhaps even a decade, into the future and articulate the major impacts their research can achieve with the infusion of a multimillion-dollar world-changing gift,” Fulkerson said. “We recognize the delta that exists between our excellent research centers and the resources needed to make a colossal impact. This initiative is an attempt to bridge that gap and connect our centers to big thinkers with big ideas about changing the world.”

Fulkerson chose three centers to work with for the initial pilot phase of the initiative – Ozguven’s Resilient Infrastructure and Disaster Response Center, the Florida Center for Reading Research, and the Institute for Justice Research and Development.
Read more at https://isl.fsu.edu/article/research-center-led-isl-faculty-affiliate-eren-ozguven-part-fsus-new-big-bets-initiative.

Bill Edmonds, Ph.D.
850-933-7960
btedmond at fsu.edu<mailto:btedmond at fsu.edu>