[Isl] TODAY at 1 p.m. - ISL Faculty Affiliates meeting, Psychology Department Building

Willard Edmonds btedmond at fsu.edu
Tue Nov 26 09:58:33 EST 2019

ISL Faculty Affiliates —We will meet today at 1 p.m. in Room A204 of the Psychology Department Building, 1107. W. Call St.<https://map.concept3d.com/?id=1235#!m/345260>

The agenda is below.

Also, we would like to request that everyone who is able to attend the meeting if you could please bring with you a list of potential nominees for our ISL Spring Speaker series, as we are starting to look into planning next semester’s event and could use recommendations for speakers.

Bill Edmonds, Ph.D.
850-933-7960
btedmond at fsu.edu<mailto:btedmond at fsu.edu>

  [cid:image001.png at 01D47128.6CBD68D0]

ISL FACULTY AFFILIATES MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, November 26, 1-2p.m., Room A204, Psychology Department Building

  *   Grants-Still sending out FOA Notices
     *   Funding of NIDILRR Grant and ENHANCE grants have been funded.  $4.6 million grant awarded to establish a new RERC Center, with focus on developing technologies to improve lives of older adults w/cognitive impairment.
     *   Amy Ai’s awarding of the NIA small grant for survival analysis to study resilience of patients with advanced heart disease undergoing open heart surgery.
  *   Other New Awards: ?
     *   Please send Callie & Bill notice of any awards and honors you or your students may have received.
  *   ISL working to update our Fluid Review site. Working to make more accessible and user friendly prior to next grant application season. Will send out announcements as needed.
  *   Upcoming ISL Fall Brown Bags
     *   Monday, December 9th, 12-1pm, IPE Journal Club, topics TBD, but Dr. Charness might take the lead on this one, covering one of his paper presentations…
  *   Karen Roberto Speaker event went well.
     *   Had a relatively low turnout of Affiliates members for both the panel & her presentation. If available and time allows, ISL could use more affiliate presentation at future events to show support for ISL.
     *   City Wellness Conference Update
        *   Searching for Keynote Speakers
        *   Dawn Carr potential lead
  *   ISL registered for 2020 Senior Expo at TAL Senior Center
     *   Thurs Jan 23rd, 4-7pm
     *   Friday Jan 24th, 9:30am-12:30pm
  *   ISL will be hosting a table at the Florida Senior Day at the Florida State Capitol on Wednesday, January 29th, 2020
  *   GSA, Austin TX Conference
     *   Topics Discussed
        *   Ross Andel-Boosting Enrollment in Undergraduate programs through general education classes.
        *   Anne Barret discussed the radio experience and the Backwoods Bistro Events.
        *   Pamela Saunders brought up the topic of student recruitment strategies used by the other programs.
  *   Transportation Day 2020
     *   ISL held a meeting with John Sobanjo at FAMU College of Engineering to discuss Transportation Day in the spring.
     *   Date is April 17, 2020.

  *   Director Travel Schedule
     *   Dec 10-12, National Academies Workshop, DC