[Isl] FW: Will you help ISL make Florida State more Age Friendly?

Phoebe Kurtz kurtz at psy.fsu.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:01:26 EDT 2019

Hello Affiliates,

            As you know, ISL has made it one of our missions to make Florida State University a more Age Friendly University, but we know that things can always be better.  Over the past few months, ISL has been dedicated to finding ways to improve our campus. At the annual Gerontological Society of America (GSA) convention in November, we met with directors of other aging research institutions and came across a common theme that seemed to impede older adults' involvement on campus: Accessibility. When we approached you all at our last Affiliates Meeting in December, we found that the same theme rang true, so we wanted to get to the bottom of this.

We have been busy developing an assessment that could help us identify some key issues regarding older adults and their accessibility to FSU's campus. We are hoping to identify major problems areas, helpful current aids already in place, and possible solutions. Your input as an affiliate with ISL is vital! We will be using your data in tandem with data from our ISL Research participants.

If you have a moment to fill out this survey<https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgRxrUZLqYm9yYt>, we would greatly appreciate it! It should take you between 10-15 minutes. We will be closing this survey at 5PM on March 31, 2019. Please note that this is only available online and a paper copy cannot be provided. If you have any issues while completing this survey, please contact ISL tech support at isl at fsu.edu<mailto:isl at fsu.edu>.
Thank you for your assistance,

Phoebe Kurtz
Administrative Assistant

Survey link: