[Isl] FSU College of Medicine receives $3.75M grant to continue improving care for older adults in Florida

Willard Edmonds btedmond at fsu.edu
Tue Jul 30 09:36:14 EDT 2019

College of Medicine receives $3.75M grant to continue improving care for older adults in Florida
[https://news.fsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/CoM-GWEP-grant-2.jpg]

The FSU College of Medicine has partnered with national, state and local stakeholders to strengthen the capacity of community organizations to improve care and support for Florida's aging population.

With a $3.75 million grant from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the Department of Geriatrics at the Florida State University College of Medicine will help shape the future of health care in Florida.

Florida’s older adult population will number almost 7 million by 2040 and is typically challenged by chronic illness and high numbers of medications. As one of only two programs in Florida funded by HRSA’s national Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP), the Florida State-based North and Central Florida GWEP will address these needs.

“We have partnered with national, state and local stakeholders to strengthen the capacity of community organizations to improve care and support for our aging population,” said Project Director Paul Katz, chair of the department and co-principal investigator of the grant.
READ MORE: https://news.fsu.edu/news/health-medicine/2019/07/29/college-of-medicine-receives-3-75m-grant-to-continue-improving-care-for-older-adults-in-florida/

Bill Edmonds, Ph.D.
850-933-7960
btedmond at fsu.edu<mailto:btedmond at fsu.edu>