[Fsuteachgrads] FW: Roadmap to STEM workshops

Karen Rose kr04 at fsu.edu
Wed Nov 2 10:48:17 EDT 2022

FYI

Karen Rose
Science Clinical Faculty
MCH 209
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306

From: Carlos Villa <villa at magnet.fsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 10:43 AM
To: Carlos Villa <villa at magnet.fsu.edu>
Subject: Roadmap to STEM workshops

Hey FAST members,

I got this email about this zoom session that I thought would be beneficial to our students. Please share with parents and co-workers.

Thanks,
Carlos

Roadmap to STEM Degrees for High School Parents
November 2, 7:30-8:45 pm

Roadmap to STEM Degrees for Middle School Parents
November 9, 7:30-8:45 pm

Copy:

Join us for a free virtual workshop! We're going beyond the Florida graduation requirements and sharing all the tips & tricks your student needs to succeed at a STEM degree. Our team of academic advisors, professors and parents will cover topics including: What does it mean to be a STEM major? What classes should students be taking now to prepare for college? What are some common pitfalls students might encounter as they pursue this path?

This Zoom workshop is ideal for parents of high school students interested in pursuing a STEM degree in college. Register below!

High school parents (Nov. 2):  https://fsu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqcOmhrjwvEt18XVgRR2Yg86nSwr9ibWTh

Middle school parents (Nov. 9): https://fsu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvf-6srjwvH9eIj9iMJN1I3nlT40AIEIat

Carlos R. Villa (He/His/Him)
Director of K-12 Education Programs
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
Center for Integrating Research & Learning
A scientific facility supported by the National Science Foundation and the State of Florida
Florida State University * University of Florida * Los Alamos National Laboratory
1800 East Paul Dirac Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32310
http://nationalmaglab.org/education