[Fla-lt] Correction: Library Technology Member Group on *Thurs*, May 2, 8-9am

Gowing, Cheryl A. cgowing at miami.edu
Mon Apr 29 08:14:23 EDT 2013

Hi-  There was a mix-up in the printed program and the Library Technology Member Group is listed as meeting on *Thursday*, May 2nd from 8-9am in Highlands B.     We will go by the time/place listed in the program, so will be meeting on Thursday morning.

The good news is that now you can all attend the Cyber Zone activities on Friday morning from 8-9am in the Lake Florence Room.     The latter will have "informal presentation of apps, computer games, programs and digital gadgets"     - a great way to kick off the last day of the conference.

The less than great news is that programs start at 8:30am on Thursday morning.  If you're planning to attend the Library Technology Member Group meeting, please arrive promptly at 8am so that we can try to get through the key points of our discussion in the first 30 minutes.   If at all possible,  folks wanting to attend one of the 8:30 presentations won't need to miss too much - either of the LTMG meeting, or their chosen presentation.

Looking forward to meeting many of you all on Thursday.  Again, if you can't make the meeting, please feel free to email me or the list with your ideas for topics, programs, activities, etc. for the LTMG.
Best
Cheryl

Cheryl Gowing
Chair, FLA Library Technology Member Group

Director, Library Information Mgmt & Systems
University of Miami Richter Library
Coral Gables, FL  33124-0320

(305) 284-6018                 (305) 505-2898 (cell)
(305) 284-4721 (fax)       cgowing at miami.edu<mailto:cgowing at miami.edu>

Hi -  I hope to meet many of you at the FLA 2013 Annual Conference, now almost a week away.    For those of you planning to attend, please make room in your schedule for a meeting of the Library Technology Member Group [LTMG] on Friday morning from 8-9am in the Lake Sands Room.     Stop by the Coffee Klatch on your way in and I'll bring some goodies to help you wake up.

LTMG has been somewhat dormant for the past year, so we'd like to 're-boot' the group and make a fresh start.   We'll use our meeting time to discuss possible activities for the coming year, discussion topics for the listserv, program ideas for the 2014 conference, etc.     One of the most important matters to discuss is on-going leadership of the group.   Please let me know ( via email or at the meeting) if you might be interested in serving as Co or Vice Chair.

If you are unable to attend FLA, you can still contribute to shaping the agenda of LTMG by emailing me and/or the list with your ideas for activities for the coming year.   Some of you may already to subscribe to a few other technology oriented lists, but I see the LTMG list as a way of establishing a network of Florida colleagues who may have implemented or experimented with technologies you are considering.  Using the listserv, we can share our experiences, tips/tricks, and cautionary tales.

Hope to see you at FLA!

Best Regards, cheryl