[Fla-lt] FLA Library Technology Member Group at FLA Conference, Friday, May 3, 8-9am

Gowing, Cheryl A. cgowing at miami.edu
Mon Apr 22 18:44:14 EDT 2013

Hi -  I hope to meet many of you at the FLA 2013 Annual Conference, now almost a week away.    For those of you planning to attend, please make room in your schedule for a meeting of the Library Technology Member Group [LTMG] on Friday morning from 8-9am in the Lake Sands Room.     Stop by the Coffee Klatch on your way in and I'll bring some goodies to help you wake up.

LTMG has been somewhat dormant for the past year, so we'd like to 're-boot' the group and make a fresh start.   We'll use our meeting time to discuss possible activities for the coming year, discussion topics for the listserv, program ideas for the 2014 conference, etc.     One of the most important matters to discuss is on-going leadership of the group.   Please let me know ( via email or at the meeting) if you might be interested in serving as Co or Vice Chair.

If you are unable to attend FLA, you can still contribute to shaping the agenda of LTMG by emailing me and/or the list with your ideas for activities for the coming year.   Some of you may already to subscribe to a few other technology oriented lists, but I see the LTMG list as a way of establishing a network of Florida colleagues who may have implemented or experimented with technologies you are considering.  Using the listserv, we can share our experiences, tips/tricks, and cautionary tales.

Hope to see you at FLA!

Best Regards, cheryl

Cheryl Gowing
Chair, FLA Library Technology Member Group

Director, Library Information Mgmt & Systems
University of Miami Richter Library
Coral Gables, FL  33124-0320

(305) 284-6018                 (305) 505-2898 (cell)
(305) 284-4721 (fax)       cgowing at miami.edu<mailto:cgowing at miami.edu>