[Fla-ffb] Friends bookstores

Evans june juneevans2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 16:31:01 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Do you have to pay sales tax on these sales? We find it incredible that we have to pay sales tax after every one of our book sales (three times a year) when every penny taken in is used for the library. Maybe we taken in about $2,000 in a good a year. We are taxed as if we were a business. We have argued with state tax officials about this but with no luck.

June Evans, Friends of the Lake Worth Library President