[Fla-ffb] Book Sales taxable?

Hohler, Deborah Deborah.Hohler at lfg.com
Thu Feb 9 14:53:38 EST 2012

Karen,

Please check the FLA website www.flalib.org.  Under member resources and
Friends, Foundations and Boards, there are silverlight and pdf versions
of our 2011 Fall Workshop series.  There are a couple of topics that
will help you: Tax-Exempt Status, Donations and Fundraising and
Non-Profit Income and Records. The silverlights are 5 - 15 minutes each.
The pdfs are handy printout takeaways.  I have attached the FAQ that
they did for us from questions that came up during the workshops but
please look over the presentations from more information.

Direct Link:  http://www.flalib.org/friends_found_boards.php

The following presentations on tax and legal issues affecting Friends
and other not-for-profit organizations were created by Dr. Rebecca
Trammell, Professor of Law and Director of the Stetson University
College of Law Library. The Florida Library Association is indebted to
Dr. Trammell and to her colleagues, law librarians Robert Brammer and
Whitney Curtis, for presenting this information around the state.
(Silverlight version works best with latest versions of Internet
Explorer)

Regards,
Deb Hohler
Chair, FF&B