[Fla-facrlboard] Funding Update

Deborah Prosser DPROSSER at Rollins.edu
Tue Sep 15 16:57:05 EDT 2020

All,

Below is the news I received today after our meeting from Elijah Scott at FALSC:

What a rollercoaster ride the past two and a half months have been!

We found out today that we will be moved to the Northwest Regional Data Center (an auxiliary of FSU) as our new administrative host.  We don't know any of the details yet, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Funding for this year has been committed by all of the state colleges and universities.  The State University System chancellor's office is submitting an LBR for next fiscal year to restore state funding.

I think we're in a much better place than we were at the end of June.

Our next big challenge will be to ensure that a Legislative Budget Request is accepted to restore state funding for next fiscal year.

Deborah
Deborah Prosser, Ph.D.
Director of the Olin Library
Associate Professor