[Fla-facrlboard] Possible FACRL Conference Themes

Michael Meth mmeth at fsu.edu
Tue Mar 26 21:48:38 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I agree that all three themes are highly relevant. Personally, I have a preference for option 1 because I think it’s important to use a conference like FACRL to talk about how we can develop capacity and talent for Florida’s academic libraries.  Aside from SSLLI there doesn’t seem to be much happening in the state.

That being said, I think the topic of innovation is always interesting and certainly broad enough to attract attention.  Impact is also of the utmost importance, and a topic that all libraries I know of are struggling with (assuming they even dare to wade into those waters and try figuring out how to measure impact).

In other words, I don’t think we can go wrong with any of the topics above.

Best regards,

Michael Meth
(Personal pronouns: He/him/his)
Associate Dean, Research and Learning Services
Florida State University Libraries

*** This email was sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos. ***