[Fla-facrlboard] Relief efforts

Donlan, Rebecca rdonlan at fgcu.edu
Tue Oct 30 13:34:19 EDT 2018

Sharing a message from Lori Driscoll at GCSC:

Thanks for asking. The needs of students and staff are so much greater than facilities; living conditions are poor.

We have student workers with myriad needs for housing and transportation; that is also true for a few librarians but they have more resources. Fuel cards, gift cards to chain restaurants that might be in operation on the beach (not much is up and running in town) - Olive Garden, Friday's, Chili's, Chipotle, Zoe's, Starbucks, Panda Express -or pizza or grab-and-go foods at grocery stores like Publix and Fresh Market. Target and Walmart cards could meet a lot of needs, too. [For the library, we'll be working extended hours and would love k-cups for our Keurig and snacks :) Otherwise, we just need staff!]

Jane Stephens is the contact at Chipola. stephensj at CHIPOLA.EDU<mailto:stephensj at CHIPOLA.EDU>

My husband, Shaun Saxon, is the branch library director for FSU-PC. His email is ssaxon at pc.fsu.edu<mailto:ssaxon at pc.fsu.edu>

Again, thanks for thinking of us!

I'm inclined to split any funds raised equally among the three facilities and leave distribution to the director's discretion.  Your thoughts?

Becky

Rebecca Donlan
MA, Library and Information Science
Associate Director
Library Services, Collection Management
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. S., Library West 225K, Fort Myers, FL 33965-6501
(239) 590-7641 | rdonlan at fgcu.edu<mailto:rdonlan at fgcu.edu>
ORCiD: 0000-0003-2674-3067

Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.