[Fla-facrlboard] Parking Information for the Tampa Bay History Center

Kim Copenhaver copenhka at eckerd.edu
Mon Oct 16 23:13:10 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to send a quick update regarding the parking information relayed
to us late this afternoon from the TBHC and Amalie Arena in advance of the
FACRL Annual Conference.

To recap, there is a large concert taking place at the Amalie Arena on
Friday night and they are restricting the use of the parking lot
utilized by the Tampa Bay History Center on Friday to accommodate ticket
holders. Alyssa worked with TBHC to retain use of the lot until 3:30 pm by
our Association. In order to identify vehicles belonging to registered
FACRL conference attendees, they have created unique parking passes for our
guests that must be presented to the Blue lot parking attendant upon
arrival and displayed on the vehicle's dashboard during the conference.

Alyssa and I discussed the best possible means of distributing the parking
passes to attendees in advance of the conference and settled on an email to
all attendees that linked to a folder in google drive
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drive.google.com_open-3Fid-3D0B3C8izUnDZgjRHZVSUxGRmRpdHc&d=DwIBaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=8OBy7Ic2mP-G7YZTIDzhh7pdf38qjwyVRCIFjBMl4Qs&s=sTpuu5LHv6WJwuDlyGim_-fDEXVMijq_CSVgw_cnWrQ&e=>that
contains the individual passes for each guest. We wanted to ensure the
message went out asap to ensure time for questions and printing prior to
departure. I have scheduled the email to go out tomorrow morning and will
update the parking/directions page on the FACRL website with corresponding
information.

I share this information with all of you, as I am certain you may receive
questions from your colleagues. Briefly, the passes are one per vehicle. If
you are carpooling, only the driver needs to print and submit a pass. FACRL
will be charged for each pass utilized, so this is an important message to
be conveyed. We will share parking details with all attendees
attending events on Thursday and certainly have extra copies available for
those members that do forget to print in advance.For those members staying
at the hotel, there is a free shuttle (first come, first served) that may
also be utilized for transportation to nearby downtown locations.

Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to print out
your own parking pass in advance of Friday morning!

Best,

*Kimberly A. CopenhaverPresident, Florida Chapter of ACRLBehavioral
Sciences Librarian/Associate Professor of Reference, Instruction and Access
ServicesEckerd College | 4200 54th Avenue South | St. Petersburg, FL
 33711copenhka at eckerd.edu <copenhka at eckerd.edu> |(727) 864-7518
<(727)%20864-7518> | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__eckerd.edu_library&d=DwIBaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=8OBy7Ic2mP-G7YZTIDzhh7pdf38qjwyVRCIFjBMl4Qs&s=gFRtE4p6Nrk3jgWShH-X07mX8m9TVB-JafVx9dlHec8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__eckerd.edu_library&d=DwIBaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=8OBy7Ic2mP-G7YZTIDzhh7pdf38qjwyVRCIFjBMl4Qs&s=gFRtE4p6Nrk3jgWShH-X07mX8m9TVB-JafVx9dlHec8&e=>*