[Fla-facrlboard] Fwd: [FLA] Deborah Robinson Scholarship Donation

Kim Copenhaver copenhka at eckerd.edu
Wed May 24 14:03:06 EDT 2017

We can approach this in a variety of ways, but I think it best that our
efforts remain distinctly separate from FLA to ensure that we retain the
distinction between the two organizations.  I believe Debbie was a part of
the FACRL leadership team (including Claire Dygert and Jonathan Miller)
that worked diligently to untangle FACRL from FLA.

I hesitate to seek donations to a separate scholarship fund in Debbie's
name, as I don't want to dilute the collection efforts of FLA. However, do
have the option of renaming the existing FACRL Conference Scholarships (we
offer 3 annually).  I am unfamiliar with the practice of a one-time
dedication, so I envisioned a permanent naming convention.  However, I am
open to other ideas and potential fundraising initiatives.

*Kimberly A. Copenhaver*

*Behavioral Sciences Librarian/Associate Professor of Reference,
Instruction and Access ServicesEckerd College | 4200 54th Avenue South |
St. Petersburg, FL  33711*
*copenhka at eckerd.edu <copenhka at eckerd.edu>|**(727) 864-7518 |
http://eckerd.edu/library  <http://eckerd.edu/library>*