[Fla-facrlboard] The editors of The Reference Librarian wish to publish a special issue featuring our conference presenters.

Kim Copenhaver copenhka at eckerd.edu
Sat Jul 15 14:38:58 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Lauri Rebar and William Miller, co-editors of *The Reference Librarian
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj1y7Od94vVAhUE7SYKHZZcAnwQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tandfonline.com%2Floi%2Fwref20&usg=AFQjCNHfJFz41Cu1jTXX3mlDGaImNJPvFQ>
*are interested in exploring the possibility of publishing a special issue
featuring selected authors of posters/presentations from the 2017 FACRL
Conference.

While I am extremely interested in providing this opportunity to our
conference contributors, I communicated to Lauri and William that we are
early in the submission phase and at the moment I am not in a position to
judge if the quality or quantity of submissions would support a special
issue.  Lauri and William are willing to provide additional time to assess
submissions and gauge author interest.  In the interim, they have given
permission to promote the possibility of future publication along with the
call for proposals.

I write seeking your approval to add the following statement to the call
for proposals:

Presentations and posters of superior quality may be considered for future
publication in a special issue of The Reference Librarian
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj1y7Od94vVAhUE7SYKHZZcAnwQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tandfonline.com%2Floi%2Fwref20&usg=AFQjCNHfJFz41Cu1jTXX3mlDGaImNJPvFQ>,
a major refereed journal published by Taylor and Francis.

Certainly, we do not want to imply a promise of publication, but to
encourage the submission of presentations and posters of superior quality
that may be worthy of post-conference expansion into an academic
publication. Your suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Best regards,

*Kimberly A. Copenhaver*

*Behavioral Sciences Librarian/Associate Professor of Reference,
Instruction and Access ServicesEckerd College | 4200 54th Avenue South |
St. Petersburg, FL  33711*
*copenhka at eckerd.edu <copenhka at eckerd.edu>|**(727) 864-7518 |
http://eckerd.edu/library  <http://eckerd.edu/library>*