[Fla-facrlboard] FACRL Loose Ends

Jonathan Miller JXMILLER at Rollins.edu
Thu Mar 20 17:32:36 EDT 2014

Debbie

See my comments below. If you see no comment, I have no opinion (sorry. It is late!)

Jonathan

From: Fla-facrlboard [mailto:fla-facrlboard-bounces at lists.fsu.edu] On Behalf Of Deborah Robinson
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:28 PM
To: fla-facrlboard at lists.fsu.edu
Subject: [Fla-facrlboard] FACRL Loose Ends

Hi all,

The recent email got me thinking about some possible business items that we need to tie up prior to FLA.  I'll just throw my thoughts out there in bullet form and if you all think we need another conference call before Orlando, please indicate as much.

*         Are we doing an FACRL table/social at the pool meet-up? When is that?

*         Are we set to share the FLA table in the exhibit hall?  Do we need a sign-up sheet?  Should we open this activity up to non-board members? If we do this, I think we should open it up.  I would be happy to do a shift.

*         Linda, are the minutes from our Feb. 14 meeting ready yet?  (Renee, thanks for getting the rest of the minutes up on the web site.)  I need to submit our reports to both FLA and the State of Florida in the next few days and it would be helpful to have everything on hand so I don't forget anything.

*         Brochures - we should have new ones made with Jonathan's photo and info about the new membership guidelines, board eligibility, committee opportunities, etc.  Also, if we are not going to regularly publish a newsletter, maybe we shouldn't mention it in the brochure.  It might be nice if we had an insert for the brochure about the fall conference to help get the word out.  We could also order save the date magnets.  I think we could use our $376 from ACRL Chapters for these kinds of things. Yuck, a photo. Let me know when you want one. You is responsible for this?

*         Re: the revised bylaws and new membership guidelines - should we prepare a "press release" about that?

*         Ribbons - I have about 20 FACRL ribbons left.  Should I order more?  How much will it cost? It would be nice to have people wear them. I am hoping to introduce myself to members, or potential members I see there.

*         I wondered about sending out an email to our members with the location, date and time of the Board meeting at FLA and inviting them to attend.  Thoughts? Yes, the more connections to the group the better. When is the board meeting? I don't have it on my calendar yet.

*         I've attached the manual of sorts that Johanna had put together and I had conveniently lost until recently when she resent it to me.  Jonathan, this is primarily for you, but others may be interested to see what she's compiled and possibly add other information.  I will look through my files, too. Thank you, thank you.

*         Sponsorships for the fall conference - did we agree on set levels and accompanying privileges?  I didn't have anything about that in my minutes from Feb. We need to discuss this. Before Sandy goes too much further she has interest form 4-5 sponsors already. I think the ground rules should be (unless we already have these in place from last year):
Sponsorship comes with the following:

o   A special mention in the meeting program, both in print and online.

o   Named and thanked in the President's welcoming remarks.

o   Table space for materials at the back of the meeting room.

o   It does NOT come with the right to speak to the group.

o   If sponsors want to have staff present for the meeting they need to register and pay.

o   When we have the budget finalized we will talk to sponsors about assigning their sponsorship to specific elements of the meeting - reception, breakfast, keynote (if we have one), sessions, lunch, parking, printing, student scholarships, others?
All of these are of course up for discussion. But Sandy needs guidance soon.

*         Other?

Sorry for the data dump, but I usually think about these things when I can't do anything about them (like in my car or late at night) and wanted to make sure that we still have all of our ducks in a row.  We have had a productive year!! Go Board!!

Debbie