[Fla-facrl] idea for a FACRL interest group- Academic Librarians at Private Instutitions

Helen Morey moreyh at cookman.edu
Tue Feb 14 12:39:58 EST 2023

Hello everyone,

 I attended yesterday's  FACRL meeting and there was mention of submitting
ideas for starting an interest group.  I was thinking we could start an
interest group for academic librarians from private institutions.  We do
have some unique concerns and interests.

We could first work on developing the scope, purpose, and a list of initial
members, as mentioned in the Guidelines for Interest Groups (IG)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/Interest-Groups__;!!PhOWcWs!zkuFN_GsztfMIEml5_GT3optfrH27udEyNuHsRVvTAxxs2cea1xb_DZwB3_9eeXfugKEn0RL_eNkTn3Xd9e2lYsE$ >, and then this information
would be forwarded to the President, and later the Board for their review
and approval.  Overall, the IG would provide librarians at
private institutions with an opportunity to share experiences and
strategies on many issues, including promotion guidelines, professional
development opportunities, and funding for resources and services, to name
a few areas of concern.

Interested?  Please respond to the mailing list or privately to me at
moreyh at cookman.edu.

Thanks very much,
Helen

Helen Morey
Faculty Senate Parliamentarian/Historian
Library Representative, Faculty Senate
Liaison to the School of Education
Collection Development /Acquisitions Librarian
Carl S. Swisher Library, Bethune-Cookman University
640 Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd. Daytona Beach, FL  32114-3099
phone:386-481-2417 | email: moreyh at cookman.edu