[Fla-facrl] FACRL 2021 Virtual Conference Program Now Available!

FACRL Communications Manager communication at facrl.org
Fri Sep 17 10:08:29 EDT 2021

***Please excuse any cross postings***

FACRL 2021
Virtual Conference Program
[image: facrl 2021 conference program graphic]

The Florida Association of College & Research Libraries (FACRL) is pleased
to announce our final program for the 2021 FACRL Virtual Conference
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/FACRL-2021__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK48vvRtAg$ > on Friday, October 15,
2021. Inclusion,
Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives and practices have
been at the forefront of library services for years.This year’s conference
program encourages librarians and leadership to explore, share, and discuss
IDEA initiatives in place at academic libraries in Florida and across the
country. What is working and what do librarians need to do to be at the
forefront of IDEA initiatives on our campuses?

Our opening keynote speaker is educator Rudy Jean-Bart, the Interim
Associate Dean of Criminal Justice at Broward College. Prof. Jean-Bart is a
native of Miami and son of Haitian immigrants. His opening keynote will
focus on *Courage, Consciousness, & Cultivation* in our work to cultivate
more inclusive communities. For more information about Prof. Jean Bart, you
can watch his 2018 TedX talk *The pseudoscience that can kill my son?*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxPjIA4ji8__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK4DTI9ZDg$ > or see his LinkedIn profile
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/rudy-jean-bart-78338613a__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK5ZA2UG3Q$ >.

*FACRL 2021 Virtual Conference*

October 15, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 P.M.

The final program <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/facrl-program__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK7LLFQhBA$ > is now
available and includes:

   -

   9 sessions presented in 3 concurrent tracks
   -

   An interactive poster session
   -

   A fast-paced lightning round session
   -

   Stay for some fun during the FACRL Virtual Happy Hour at 4 p.m.

Calling all current MLIS students! There is still time to apply to the *FACRL
Conference Scholarship Program*. Two scholarship winners will receive an
educational grant and complimentary registration to the conference.  The
deadline to apply is this Friday, September 17, 2021. SUBMIT YOUR
APPLICATION TODAY <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/mk8deyuNmf2x5eDPA__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK7rpEj4qQ$ >

There are still *Sponsorship Opportunities* available. Contact the
Sponsorship Committee Chair, Valerie Boulos, at vlboulos at fsu.edu for more
details!

Register <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/Registration21__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK7qU2YnGQ$ > for the FACRL 2021
Virtual Conference. Registration is FREE for current FACRL membership.

Please contact FACRL President Elana Karshmer (ekarshme at fiu.edu) with any
questions!

We look forward to seeing you online!

Register Today! <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/Registration21__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK7qU2YnGQ$ >

[image: facrl logo]

FACRL.ORG <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://facrl.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK5re7qbnA$ > • Twitter <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/FACRL__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK65Zt7Z3g$ >

--
Florida Association of College & Research Libraries (FACRL)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!mUN4OXEztb6vm-QsiuCj1oh9pK9qG1rDPT5RZIJk6BbDAGZERWXkTlVhv5hmKK6iuZyjow$