[Fla-facrl] Call for volunteers

Nancy Simmons nancy.a.simmons at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:31:57 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am still looking for volunteers to write biographies on Florida's
suffragists.  Quite a few of your members have already participated, but
with so many libraries closing temporarily, I thought more people might
have time to help.  Here is my original request:

This is a call for volunteers to research and write 500-word biographical
sketches on Florida woman suffragists.

Since March 2015 the online journal and database, *Women and Social
Movements in the United States *(WASM)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://chswg.binghamton.edu/WASM-US/wsm.htm__;!!PhOWcWs!mQW7cJ0pk5wgTtRVPlRF2mU2dl8oYHWPHjUlVeT18sw7vAu0Cbw8CuSZtNTLafJxBtxsyg$ >, has been working on an *Online
Biographical Dictionary of the Woman Suffrage Movement in the United States*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://chswg.binghamton.edu/WASM-US/crowdsourcing/NAWSA_description.html__;!!PhOWcWs!mQW7cJ0pk5wgTtRVPlRF2mU2dl8oYHWPHjUlVeT18sw7vAu0Cbw8CuSZtNTLafKXAdDtbA$ >.
We have identified more than 3500 grassroots suffrage activists and have
secured sketches for about 2,500 so far.  *Would you volunteer to help us
complete this project in time for the centennial of the adoption of the
19th Amendment in August 2020? You can view a first installment of the
sketches at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://documents.alexanderstreet.com/VOTESforWOMEN__;!!PhOWcWs!mQW7cJ0pk5wgTtRVPlRF2mU2dl8oYHWPHjUlVeT18sw7vAu0Cbw8CuSZtNTLafJUGD1bOA$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://documents.alexanderstreet.com/VOTESforWOMEN__;!!PhOWcWs!mQW7cJ0pk5wgTtRVPlRF2mU2dl8oYHWPHjUlVeT18sw7vAu0Cbw8CuSZtNTLafJUGD1bOA$ >.*

Contributors will receive author credit as the work is published online. We
need new volunteers to join the project and particularly to work on Florida
activists.  We hope that you would like to write 1-2 bio sketches in the
next four-six months and thus contribute to this new reference tool.   If
you would like to contribute to the project, please email me at
nancy.a.simmons at gmail.com. Thanks in advance.