[Fla-facrl] FACRL stands with the BCALA against racism

Guy Cicinelli gcicinelli at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 11:34:49 EDT 2020

| FACRL stands with the Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA) and other organizations that condemn violence and racism aimed at Black people and communities of color.FACRL’s Board of Directors denounces the deaths of Black people at the hands of law enforcement, among them George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and countless others who were targeted because of their race. The Board asks members of the Florida library community to recognize, acknowledge, and work in solidarity to eradicate systemic racism. Ignoring the threats of racism serves not only as a barrier to equality for citizens and residents of our country but ensures that the violence associated with racism remains unchecked and continues to spread within our borders and beyond.In addition to fighting racism, FACRL is committed to enhancing the diversity of its leadership by creating a more inclusive Board of Directors. To that end, the FACRL Board of Directors pledges to make diverse representation and inclusivity a priority, and will actively seek out Black members and people of color to run for leadership roles for upcoming elections and to fill chair positions.The fight against racism is important. We must do better; and starting now FACRL commits to be engaged and vocal in the fight.***If you are interested in being more involved with FACRL and would like to serve on the Marketing and Communications Committee or the Scholarship Committee, please contact FACRL President Alyssa Koclanes (koclanan at eckerd.edu).

|  |

| Another Opportunity to Get Involved: Volunteer for ACRL Diversity Alliance Task Force! |

|  |

The ACRL Board of Directors approved the establishment of the Diversity Alliance Task Force. The Diversity Alliance Task Force will oversee the ACRL Diversity Alliance program and will be tasked to carry out the recommendations from the current oversight task force, whose terms expire in June 2020, to grow and develop the program. ACRL President Karen Munro and ACRL President-Elect Jon Cawthorne invite you to volunteer to serve on the task force.The deadline to volunteer is 5:00 p.m. CST on June 30, 2020. Complete details on the task force and the link to volunteer are available on the ACRL website. |

Sent by Guy CicinelliFACRL Communications Manager
On behalf of the FACRL Board of Directorshttp://facrl.org