[Fla-facrl] Job Opening - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Librarian (UF)

Piazza,Joseph Charles jpiazza at UFL.EDU
Thu Jun 20 09:28:05 EDT 2019

George A. Smathers Libraries                                                                                                  422 Library West
Administrative Services and Faculty Affairs                                                                        PO Box 117024
                                                                                                                                                              Gainesville, FL 32611-7024
                                                                                                                                                              352-273-2595
                                                                                                                                                              352-392-4538 Fax

POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Librarian
Assistant or Associate University Librarian

The George A. Smathers Libraries at the University of Florida seek an innovative, engaged individual to serve in the newly created Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Librarian position, focused on the development of a comprehensive and strategic DEI program. The Libraries are critical contributors to the University's ambitions regarding diversity, equity, inclusion and awareness. We recognize DEI as guiding principles and understand differences between people from the full spectrum of human and social identities as assets. These values help sustain excellence and fairness within our workplace, and enhance the relevance and accessibility of our facilities, services and collections, for communities we serve.

Through a participatory Strategic Directions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__library.ufl.edu_pers_documents_Strategicdirections2018web.pdf&d=DwIFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=KO8fK77ibloMAPQarM8ExzFMoDE7fmqcPRhLQd4F-Ms&m=RqSAiiqRBlboe5H4-pQyvYOXqgPu9vzYxiDTMH1DdeQ&s=Mz1opsgq1wW-eIGWpMQvvw0myOrnudvyXvYZHpMpEu0&e= > development process in 2018, the Libraries committed to better understanding and fostering a more inclusive workplace. As one element in our efforts, the DEI Librarian position will help the Libraries' team members recognize, understand, value and embrace our differences as crucial to our communal work. As part of the development and implementation of a DEI program for the Libraries, the DEI Librarian will serve as the Libraries' Campus Diversity Liaison (CDL), working within a network of peer positions from across the University as well as serving as a liaison within the Libraries. We seek a capacity builder who will create, in collaboration with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and origins, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and perspectives, meaningful dialogue and change.

The DEI Librarian will participate in national dialogues within the United States and globally that promote the establishment of professional practices in libraries and programs to enhance the opportunities of minority and underrepresented groups in the library profession. The DEI Librarian will pursue professional development opportunities, including research, publication and professional service activities in order to advance their field and meet library-wide criteria for tenure and promotion.

The search will remain open until August 30, 2019, and applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For a full description of the position and instructions on how to apply, please refer to the George A. Smathers Libraries faculty recruitment webpage at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__library.ufl.edu_pers_FacultyPositions.html&d=DwIFAg&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=KO8fK77ibloMAPQarM8ExzFMoDE7fmqcPRhLQd4F-Ms&m=RqSAiiqRBlboe5H4-pQyvYOXqgPu9vzYxiDTMH1DdeQ&s=qunWZ5lKTwtQ4AnyO-RU5eOzZIQHxwdrmEeOyX50oC0&e= .

The University of Florida is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. Applicants from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities and disabled persons, are especially encouraged to apply.

Address inquiries to Bonnie J. Smith, Smathers Libraries Human Resources Office, at: bonniesmith at ufl.edu<mailto:bonniesmith at ufl.edu>.