[Fla-facrl] FW: Science Librarian Position

Jonathan Miller JXMILLER at Rollins.edu
Mon Apr 14 16:54:00 EDT 2014

Sorry for any duplication

Friends

Please pass this on to any potentially interested candidates. Rollins is looking for a science librarian, or a feral librarian to work with our science students and faculty. https://www.rollinsjobs.com/postings/1566

This is a really interesting opportunity for the right candidate:

*         A completely renovated Bush Science Center<http://www.rollins.edu/magazine/fall-2013/real-genius.html> brings a renaissance of the sciences on campus - an uptick in majors and a lot of new faculty coming on board.

*         An engaged science faculty (here<http://www.rollins.edu/biology/faculty.html>, here<http://www.rollins.edu/chemistry/faculty.html>, here<http://www.rollins.edu/physics/>, and here<http://www.rollins.edu/envstudies/faculty/index.html>) open to change and excited to find a trusted librarian/partner to help them develop the information literacy of their students and continue to develop our collection/resources to support the sciences.

*         An award winning library<http://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider/archives/6601> with a staff open to new ways of working.

*         All the other pleasures of Winter Park Florida<http://cityofwinterpark.org/Pages/Visitors.aspx>.

We have adopted an agile hiring process in which we pursue strong candidates as soon as they appear, so don't wait to apply. I, and the chair of the search - Dorothy Mays, would be happy to discuss this position further. We are open to MLS science librarians, but also science PhD's interested in exploring a new career path.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Miller, Ph.D.
Library Director