[Film-bfad3] ASC Workshop

Andrew Syder asyder at fsu.edu
Mon Mar 16 21:12:24 EDT 2015

BFA2s and BFA3s,

Some of you have expressed an interest in participating in the ASC workshops this semester, so here’s the skinny:

Yes, there will be opportunities.

This week is a prep and crewing week for the ASC workshops, including a screening with Amy Vincent tomorrow afternoon and a crewing session tomorrow evening. Starting next week, the workshops go into production mode. Shooting will happen on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with morning shows shooting 7:00AM-1:00PM and afternoon shows shooting 2:00PM-8:00PM. Dailies for the week will happen on Friday mornings.

For ADA students who are formally signed up for the ASC Workshop (i.e., Nikki, Ryan, Chris):
You are required to attend tomorrow’s screening and crewing session. I will have more details for you in the morning about the crewing process. You will also be required to attend dailies on Fridays, starting next week. I spoke with Amy about your involvement in the workshops today and she was very excited about having you on board.
For everyone else:
If you can balance it with your other time commitments, you are all welcome to volunteer on set. You do not need to be part of the crewing session tomorrow evening; I will distribute the ASC crew grid to you after it has been completed so that you know who’s shooting when. It’s then up to you to reach out to the directors of the shows you want to help support.
If you are a BFA2 student, please let me know if/when you want to participate in the ASC workshops so that we have a schedule for when you won’t be in the lab during normal F3 hours. (You will, of course, need to make up any missed F3 hours on your own time.)
Let me know if you have any questions.

Andrew