[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 6.16.22

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:14:11 EDT 2022

From Oualid Mouaness (MFA 97) "BOOM !!!! We did it thanks to you New York film lovers! 1982 The Film did so well Quad Cinema this weekend, we're extended to week 2! Come to the Cinema and experience the film!!! Thank you Cinephiles and Cinema Lovers who came out! It warms our hearts! GET YOUR TICKETS for this week... In NY https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fquadcinema.com%2Ffilm%2F1982-2%2F&h=AT1M00_jjf5ugUNG6CD_I1KPRZfS7Ddqus_nWWFZfEPXANClKtuKPk4UzQ0ULfIhL7wk0-sOObWqa1ryTYpzYPxlJLw9C68iz3qM0G67QihCNqUguonmEy15GDyyEO3nDF4UWya8tXORgWtrwYwvXQ<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https*3A*2F*2Fquadcinema.com*2Ffilm*2F1982-2*2F&h=AT1M00_jjf5ugUNG6CD_I1KPRZfS7Ddqus_nWWFZfEPXANClKtuKPk4UzQ0ULfIhL7wk0-sOObWqa1ryTYpzYPxlJLw9C68iz3qM0G67QihCNqUguonmEy15GDyyEO3nDF4UWya8tXORgWtrwYwvXQ__;JSUlJSUl!!PhOWcWs!wmA66CZxkIbwR2uSVyZmsIqIHPt83O6cLQjnTM06FCnrmuJQsYwLBqk2rYJZwQkA6PHckWG3LKtimSbzgaWzq2Rt8w$>I'll be at the 7:20 shows Quad Cinema Tuesday through Friday. Los Angeles, coming to you June 24th! Arab Film and Media Institute Lebanese American University – Alumni Laemmle Theatres Sideways Media"

From Elias Inaty (BFA 13) “Wanted to pass along that my TV show Players is premiering on Paramount+ this Thursday June 16th! I was lucky enough to develop and produce this show through the writers room and into post. Our first reviews are coming and we hope people fall in love with this silly love letter through the lens of an American Vandal style mockumentary. It's been my passion project for about 3 years now and I'm so excited for people to watch. First 4 episodes drop Thursday! Then released weekly. Hope y'all tune in!”

From Missy Carter Newman (MFA 96) “Thank you so much @hollywoodreporter<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.instagram.com%2F_u%2Fhollywoodreporter%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2zu24XwVb_TqzSdc3KU7M18Mz4FUInHxJvHLfHW6k_nXErbrPO8gZMH2U&h=AT3FxhBCSFsBOOAlRuaOmWWm_tWpkONlpC8wnxg4t_dX_q1Zu7qhPI8YZzj4HOOrSYF95QALOcTOW8Q2H8JIxRMhyy8PFjym3AajjJNmd57SPpkmlGx3bZIo3-pAc7MgYBNWKyQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT0aw7Hspg72Px3I8fKpOZEEOelzIPCKZ2UWwxmANY-kcPhmIRuiojA5oCEVMVY1HQrv5nCR60yPCKiTJI3QvVLNNyCjSwzS6SYtZAo5Y032I11GGQpGkAfX2w2P6OPIYkWJ-Rs4a634CZ3dAQkcQuIrcRa1yrvr4vR9FhWR8KON75XE_K9ygtZOvw> and @tylercoates. We had so much fun talking all things #thecleaninglady<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/thecleaninglady?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5d=AZV5xmSv3K4qUbMDywBL-RkMGzuYC9518fPfp_-cKGISf3oRMeVvO3WZ6OASVxtjZqEx9xOXkLs8HBofutAMqAcP6rAdVVY6RTsYFJMwmBtmpS4zcfaNdgDmNznHdjsRoxixkd4v0kIxcJOZqnycguX0_9UexI71ynmNfPfdWXw1Fw&__tn__=*NK-R> #fyc<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/fyc?__eep__=6&__cft__%5b0%5d=AZV5xmSv3K4qUbMDywBL-RkMGzuYC9518fPfp_-cKGISf3oRMeVvO3WZ6OASVxtjZqEx9xOXkLs8HBofutAMqAcP6rAdVVY6RTsYFJMwmBtmpS4zcfaNdgDmNznHdjsRoxixkd4v0kIxcJOZqnycguX0_9UexI71ynmNfPfdWXw1Fw&__tn__=*NK-R>
Check it out: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/.../the-cleaning-lady.../<https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/the-cleaning-lady-interview-elodie-yung-miranda-kwok-melissa-carter-1235161126/?fbclid=IwAR1LMXPFGSmUUPY-w4rO9X2wdCwaBhqERcjtNgsMC-2tuOLhT6BOb0wBN9Y>

From Laura Johnson (MFA 18) “Excited to share that I've been promoted to manager of development at Doozer Productions. The last 4 years as an assistant in the industry has taught me so much, and I'm incredibly grateful to be taking the next step in my career at this amazing company. Keep an eye out for our upcoming projects BAD MONKEY, SHRINKING, and of course, season 3 of TED LASSO.”

From Amanda Senrra (MFA Writing 21) “I have a big update to celebrate with you.  I am officially Executive Assistant to the Partner/Talent Manager JoAnne Colonna at Brillstein.   We have a long list of high-level clients including Forest Whitaker, Eva Longoria, Danial Dae Kim, Andy Garcia, Norman Reedus, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Elijah Wood, Brendan Fraser, Chad Michael Murray, and many more.  I’m so excited to be in this position!  If you are in LA let’s celebrate!”

Nice interview with Bill Kelly (actor in many of of our films) with HOLR.  https://www.indiewire.com/2022/06/players-review-paramount-plus-fake-esports-documentary-1234733194/     Watch for Bill in When the Crawdads Sing!

From Will Stead (BFA 20) “I am in pre production for my first feature film as writer/director, currently titled "Children of the Night" for Ace Entertainment. It's going to be a World War II horror film. Ace are most well known for being a part of distribution for the A24 film, False Positive starring Pierce Brosnan. My film is set to shoot in late July to early August with a release date slated for November.”  Note:  they will be shooting in Normandy.

Congratulations to Nico Weaver (BFAADA 22) who is now an R&D Artist with Monsters Aliens Robots Zombies!

From David Cypkin (BFA 99) “Currently, my partners and I at rakontur (Miami) are wrapping up a documentary that we'll be announcing next month, I'll send you info about it in a few weeks. Our last release was the 6 part series 'Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami,' currently on Netflix, which I co-produced and edited. Prior to that, we released the feature doc '537 Votes' for HBO about the 2000 election, which premiered right before the 2020 election.”

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – June 16, 2022

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Portland Horror Film Festival, June 29 – July 3. For more information about this festival, go to https://portlandhorrorfilmfestival.com.

The Girl Who Learned to Swim (MFA D2 2021 Shannon Sutherland) was selected for screening at the Essence Film Festival in New Orleans, July 1-3. For more information about this festival, go to www.essence.com/essencefilmfestival/.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the HorrorHound Weekend in Cincinnati, Ohio, September 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to https://horrorhoundweekend.com.

Calypso (MFA D2 2021 Lensa Jeudy), 5:30 (MFA D1 2020 Kaitlyn Kelly) and Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford) were selected for screening by the Charlotte Black Film and Music Festival, June 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to http://charlotteblackfilmfestival.com.

Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen) was selected for screening at Atlanta Shortsfest, June 25-26. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlantashortsfest.com.

Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen) and Skeletons (MFA D2 2021 Steve Hedrick) selected for screening at the Chattanooga Film Festival in Tennessee, June 23-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.chattfilmfest.org<http://www.chattfilmfest.org>.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Calgary Horror Con in Canada, June 25-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.horror-con.ca.

How to Dance with Monsters (BFA Doc 2020 Megan Baer) is an official selection of the Hollywood Gold Awards, which will hold its awards ceremony on June 26th. For more information about this competition, go to https://hollywoodgoldawards.com.

The Confession (MFA D1 2021 Emma Francis) was selected for screening at the online June 30th edition of Cult Movies International Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to cultmoviesint.wordpress.com.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Cryptshow Festival in Barcelona, Spain, June 24 – July 3.
For more information about this festival, go to http://cryptshow.com.

Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) was selected for screening at the San Diego International Kid’s Film Festival, which runs as part of Comicon, July 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.sdchildrensfilm.org<http://www.sdchildrensfilm.org>.

How to Dance with Monsters (BFA Doc 2020 Megan Baer) was selected for screening at the Picture’s Up! Film Festival in Los Angeles, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://picturesupfestival.com.

America’s Child (BFA F1 2021 Josh Ceranic) and Teressa in the Background (MFA Thesis 2021 Stefany Espinoza) were selected for screening at the Orlando International Film Festival, July 8-15. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.orlandointernationalfilmfestival.org.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Houston Horror Film Festival, July 22-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.houstonhorrorfilmfest.com<http://www.houstonhorrorfilmfest.com>.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) and Spanky’s Last Day (MFA D2 2021 Anthony Fins) were selected for screening at the Midsummer Scream Halloween and Horror Convention in Los Angeles, July 29-31. For more information about this festival, go to http://midsummerscream.org.

Restore (MFA D2 2021 Vyky Saiz) was selected for screening at the Alternating Currents Film Festival in Davenport, Iowa, August 19-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.alternatingcurrrentsqc.com<http://www.alternatingcurrrentsqc.com>.

Funeral Fever (BFA F1 2021 Janicel Diaz) was selected for screening at the inaugural Wine, Women & Film Festival somewhere in California, September 17-18. For more information about this festival, go to https://winewomenandfilmfestival.godaddysites.com/.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival, September 18-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.tinff.net.

Daze (MFA D2 2021 Shari Petti) was selected for screening at the Screamfest Horror Film Festival in Los Angeles, October 11-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.screamfestla.com.