[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 8/4/22

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Aug 4 12:19:07 EDT 2022

If you're not on the FSUFILM Pub, why not? Are you a teacher? We have a group for you? Are you looking for work? People are posting jobs there. Are you in Atlanta? There's a group for you. Are you a documentary filmmaker? There's a group for you. Are you in Florida? There's a group for you. Are you gaffing in LA? There's a group for you. Are you a game developer? There's a group for you. Did the Duchess live with you? There's a group for you! If you are a Film School alum and can't find your invite, email Brenda (bmills at film.fsu.edu<mailto:bmills at film.fsu.edu>).

From Sherwin Lau (MFA 06) “ I’ve been teaching at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces since 2007,  along with Mitch Fowler (MFA 06) and Amy Lanasa (MFA Writing 06) at the Creative Media Institute.  Amy’s the chair of the department and Mitch is a busy feature DP and tenured professor. I got married in 2011, got a dog in 2019.  We also have had a few of our students go to FSU, currently Mario Martinez is in his D2 cycle. It’s really such a cool feeling to have our students go to FSU. Seeing photos of them working on set and their film screenings, and to know that you’re there working to keep the network growing, it’s really great!”

Check out this Entertainment Weekly article about Kyra Gardner (BFA 2019) growing up with the Chucky dolls. https://ew.com/movies/living-with-chucky-documentary-kyra-gardner-interview/?fbclid=IwAR1NJb7hsWHRa51qySszt1_F4POvJ-9zWwYf81Q6tOIXn0LsqFB40mPxMLM

From Sylvia Ruiz (MFA  93) “So much to catch up on.  I've had a long and winding path here in Los Angeles -- everything from working in television documentaries in the early days out here, to home entertainment technologies (DVD/Blu-ray), consulting for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, to my current role, (Director, Product Development Management) which looks across Xperi's broad portfolio of technologies encompassing consumer electronics, connected car, and media platforms.   Take a peek at our website!  I'm happy to answer any questions: www.xperi.com<http://www.xperi.com/>   It's not the content creation work I started out in, but it's been an interesting path, and I'm learning all the time!”

From Oualid Mouaness (MFA 97) “1982 The Film<https://www.facebook.com/1982THEFILM?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> is now in Cinemas in San Francisco & San Rafael for the week. Do not miss it. It’s a Lebanese film about love, made with a love and hard work by all who poured their heart into it.
trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeBx1C7aPzI<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeBx1C7aPzI&fbclid=IwAR1hALKb0ODIX7d4fiMZf7MtbglvnG52nQnAK4e5b6_oct0Swwgi3PdABVk>
I'm also honored to have Q&A's with...
7/29 w. Serge Bakalian<https://www.facebook.com/dejarjayes?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> Executive Director of Arab Film and Media Institute<https://www.facebook.com/arabfilmmedia?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> Landmark's Opera Plaza Cinema<https://www.facebook.com/OperaPlazaCinema/?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=kK-R> 710pm
7/30 w. Sterling Hedgpeth<https://www.facebook.com/sterling.hedgpeth?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> Programming Manager/Shorts Programmer at California Film Institute<https://www.facebook.com/California-Film-Institute-115984205095754/?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=kK-R> 7pm
7/29 w. Dr. Ramzi Salti<https://www.facebook.com/author30?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> Lecturer of Arabic, Stanford University<https://www.facebook.com/Stanford?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=-%5dK-R> & Host of Arabology<https://www.facebook.com/arabologystudio/?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=kK-R> Program, KZSU Stanford<https://www.facebook.com/KZSUStanford/?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=kK-R> at Landmark's Opera Plaza Cinema<https://www.facebook.com/OperaPlazaCinema/?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZWy8BH-VKs_UqIezmKRroH8LIJETWXXiNGylYALvnzn-18L8P_fqQXY1_vSBP7y8RWzHgtz3j_P5-xznQOojfUOpU1k7Upmohnz4PkO2Ts4xX1brf_veVqqISqwoiyLskv7E0PadTOXkEkDUshAcO1n&__tn__=kK-R> 430pm”