[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 11.4.21

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Fri Nov 5 08:49:09 EDT 2021

From Matt Ryan (MFA 11) “Honored to be featured along side so many incredible cinematographers on Arri’s website for the Alexa Mini LF
https://www.arri.com/en/camera-systems/cameras/alexa-mini-lf<https://www.arri.com/en/camera-systems/cameras/alexa-mini-lf?fbclid=IwAR1SJ6TDJXsJwXVIHcyInuI2NGIIUXs3OHdh6COMfMILnhmCgSPzt0Q4lqU>

Congratulations to Natasha Narkiewicz (BFA 10 ). who is now a staff writer at MysteryVibe!

From Laura Johnson (MFA 18 ) “"Hey everyone! Doozer Productions (TED LASSO) is looking for PAs (various positions) and COVID monitors for a show shooting in Miami, FL/Florida Keys this spring. If you're in the area and interested (local hires only), please reach out to our Production Coordinator Simi Wein (Simi0130 at me.com<mailto:Simi0130 at me.com>) (with a resume if you have one) and mention my name/FSU in the email. Thank you! "

From Haley Manrique (BFA 12) “I've been working as a Consulting Producer for MTV's Ridiculousness for a number of years but I'm hoping to make the move to narrative. I recently was the TV Pilot Winner for Screencraft's Action & Adventure Screenplay Competition for a script near and dear to my heart called Paranormal Panhandle. I couldn't have written it without growing up and going to school in our great Sunshine State. Logline: An outcast cop and a badass redneck woman must team up to fight an ancient evil force that fuels the wackiest supernatural phenomena in rural Florida, all while trying to solve her own mother's mysterious death.”

From Ben Epstein (BFA 09) “BUCK ALAMO won the Audience Award for best Texas Indie Feature at Austin Film Fest! This has been such a crazy journey with so many people who gave so much to this little project. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who has shared this with us and came out for the sold out screenings!
https://austinfilmfestival.com/.../austin-film-festival.../<https://austinfilmfestival.com/blog/festival-and-conference/festival/austin-film-festival-announces-2021-jury-and-audience-award-winners/?fbclid=IwAR0obo9Q4xN7WrCZabEnudTyVsibc5HZH9NAqp-cwNSH8VEmvENd3WkPMdA>

From Spencer Frankenberger (MFA 15) “I'm performing and sometimes running tech for Dainty Dames Events (murder mystery company - www.daintydamesevents.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.daintydamesevents.com__;!!PhOWcWs!nK3w2SiCeQnB6H_4eHfEXQbyFgO58V3A5-X740qfgb-raCSG33Ro-1Au19ODQsA$>) and Secret Library (an online immersive show - www.secretlibrary.io<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.secretlibrary.io__;!!PhOWcWs!nK3w2SiCeQnB6H_4eHfEXQbyFgO58V3A5-X740qfgb-raCSG33Ro-1AuG15pa5U$>) if anyone has a company that might be interested in doing a private show (and you can even request to have me as a performer in your show!). I was recently flown to Oklahoma to work with FSU Theatre alums John D' Aquino and Shane Brady with John D' Aquino's YAW as an AD for Bloody Hell: A Rock Zoo-Mentary and as a starring cameo role as Mr. Dinkle in Dumping Mr. Dinkle which can both be found on the school's Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/johndaquino<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/vimeo.com/johndaquino__;!!PhOWcWs!nK3w2SiCeQnB6H_4eHfEXQbyFgO58V3A5-X740qfgb-raCSG33Ro-1AuFq4ip4w$>) -- which also includes the short Too Real that I directed back in summer 2019. I'm actually also looking for any alums who may be studio teachers or working on teaching credentials that I could talk about the process and any information they can share as I would like to become a studio teacher as soon as I can.  spencerfrankeberger at gmail.com<mailto:pencerfrankeberger at gmail.com>    I'm directing this upcoming web series Music Store Hero in Tuscon, AZ.  We just launched an IndieGoGo page if anyone can donate or share: https://igg.me/at/musicstorehero/x/2682092#/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/igg.me/at/musicstorehero/x/2682092?fbclid=IwAR0Vn2APpK4UUgUurouQTDYQiMexaSrl2L8CFCDRAavqGvCPru3knXcdX2k**A__;Iy8!!PhOWcWs!hGwjrwRHCMOY6hPWZA4NRJHNjiyRqlKCPAcMo-owgyIPsXJKrYY40ovrsa33nCA$>

From Lucas Omar (BFA 17). “"Hey everyone! I'm driving from LA back to Florida and I'm looking to crash with someone for just one night in a few cities. I have an air mattress so if you have the floor space, that's all I need :)
Albuquerque 11/12-11/13
Nashville 11/16-11/17
Atlanta 11/19-11/20
If you can help me out, feel free to text me at 727.512.5623. Thanks!"

“We are reaching out on behalf of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) to invite your students to apply to the Emerging Content Creators Inclusion Initiative (“ECCII”) program for the 2021 Diverse Women in Media Forum<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.diversewomeninmedia.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!l5RDrzC9qNivVmSpN9UsFHN7l24OxqBvU67AfZ9a-eM0q0J7vHU8hJcDnu6HDA$>. This opportunity is open to women identifying, who are interested in pursuing careers in the entertainment industry, no matter their background or skill level.
 For the last 22 years, NALIP has been dedicated to facilitating the advancement and engagement of Latinx creators across multiple media platforms. The Diverse Women in Media Forum seeks to empower, inspire and advance women of diverse backgrounds to influential positions in media to improve diverse representation on and behind the camera.  The Forum will be held virtually, giving creators across the country access to this exciting opportunity! Students and recent graduates will be able to attend the entire two-day celebration, completely free of charge. As part of the scholarship, recipients must make themselves available for the entirety of the virtual Forum from December 1st-2nd. Additionally, participants will be able to apply for the opportunity to meet with industry professionals in virtual roundtable discussions, as capacity allows.  Please share the application <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc05qNX1vWKb4kG-VQZSbEeFEwq4T84TnXNUfMlTB5OLFlQkQ/viewform__;!!PhOWcWs!l5RDrzC9qNivVmSpN9UsFHN7l24OxqBvU67AfZ9a-eM0q0J7vHU8hJcsQl1akA$> with interested students and alum. The deadline to apply is November 19th, 2021.”

From Oliver Pearce (BFA 97) “We are in need of a seasoned Post Supervisor over here at Nick Animation.  Anyone interested can email me at oliver.pearce at nick.com<mailto:oliver.pearce at nick.com>.  Position will start as work from home for a period of time until we receive clearance to return to the workplace.”   NOTE:   if you are interested and would like the complete position description and qualifications, email me (mwarren at fsu.edu<mailto:mwarren at fsu.edu>) and I’ll send you a copy,

From Clinton Cornwall (MFA 13) “"ISO Editor for horror feature film. Paid, low budget. Film has already had several fine cuts, but looking for new perspective to get film over the finish line. Editor will get full solo editing credit. All experience levels welcome. Trying to finish film quickly for film festival tour. Great way to get narrative feature experience. Could lead to more work on other projects in the can/in development. DM me or email at clintonjcornwell at gmail.com<mailto:clintonjcornwell at gmail.com> if interested. Thanks all!"

The Warren Report is coming to you today on the road from TLH to Pensacola, spending a long weekend at the beach with friends to see the Blue Angels and attend the Greater Gulf Coast Arts Festival.  Fun times!

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – November 4, 2021

The Flip Side (BFA Doc 2018 Will Stead) and In the Words of Hemingway (BFA F3 2020 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 17-21. For more information about this festival, go to http://kwfilmfest.com.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez), Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford), Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen), Capture the Flag (BFA F3 2021 Connie O’Connor), On the Third Day of an International Manhunt (BFA Thesis 2021 Costa Karalis), Withered (MFA QD2 2020 Rita al Cuhna), The Fifth Day (BFA F3 2021 Matthew Romanski), Dream Operator (BFA F3 2021 Bretton Miller), Inside My House (BFA Documentary 2021 Gabby Carbone/Andrew Williams), Miss Flores (BFA Doc 2021 Juliana Toloza), Why the Demon Comes (BFA F1 2020 Natalia Coiro), How to Dance with Monsters (BFA F3 2021 Megan Baer), Perfect Selfie (MFA QD2 2020 Di Lu), Shadowboxing (BFA F3 2021 Josh Myers) and The (Un)Lucky Ones (BFA Documentary 2020 Sophie Rizzo) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival in Tampa, December 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org/.

Miss Flores (BFA Doc 2021 Juliana Toloza) won the Audience Award at the NALIP Latino Media Fest in Los Angeles, October 13-14. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.latinomediafest.com.

Miss Flores (BFA Doc 2021 Juliana Toloza) was awarded Best Animated Short at the Immigration Film Fest in Washington, DC, October 14-21. For more information about this festival, go to https://immigrationfilmfest.org/.

The Castle Builder (BFA Doc 2021 Tristan Owen/Thomas McDonald) was selected for screening at the Anchorage International Film Festival, December 3-12. For more information about this festival, go to https://anchoragefilmfestival.org/.

Smell the Trees (MFA Thesis 2020 Breyionna Flowers) was awarded an Honorable Mention at the Urban Mediamakers Festival in Atlanta, October 11-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.umff.com<http://www.umff.com>.

Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen) and Chinook (BFA F3 2020 Costa Karalis) were selected for screening at the Sick ‘n’ Wrong Film Festival in Orlando on December 10th. For more information about this festival, go to /www.sick-n-wrong.com.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was Second Place in the online Gofobo Fast Forward Film Festival, Staff Picks: Horror Best Short Film, October 25-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://gofobo.com/fastforwardfilmfestival.

Fairy Dust (MFA Thesis 2021 Sarah Gambles) was selected for screening at the LGBTQ+ Los Angeles Film Festival on January 14th. For more information about this festival, go to https://lgbtlosangelesfilmfestival.com.

Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) was selected for screening at the Orlando Film Festival, October 28 – November 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.orlandofilmfest.com<http://www.orlandofilmfest.com>.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was invited and Pink is the Color of the Ocean (BFA Thesis 2021 Summer Schantz), Sugar Mountain (BFA Doc 2021 Javier Barranco) and Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz) were selected to screen at the Middlesex Film Festival, in Chelmsford, MA, November 5-6. For more information about this festival, go to https://middlesexfilmfestival.com.

Full-Timers (BFA F3 2021 Andrew Bourne) is a Semi-Finalist in the Drama category at Sunscreen West in Hermosa Beach, November 5-6. For more information about this festival, go to https://ssffwest.com/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Georgia, November 11-14. For more information about this festival, go to www.romeinternationalfilmfestival.com.

On the Sidelines (BFA Doc 2021 Valerie Betts) was selected for screening at the Hollywood Florida Film Festival, November 6-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.hollywoodfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.hollywoodfloridafilmfestival.com>.

Wolves (BFA F3 2021 Travae Davis) was selected for screening at the American Black Festival in New York City, November 3-14. For more information about this festival, go to www.abff.com<http://www.abff.com>.

On the Sidelines (BFA Doc 2021 Valerie Betts), Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford), The Castle Builder (BFA Doc 2021 Tristan Owen/Thomas McDonald) and Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz) were selected for screening at the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 4-21, and are semi-finalists in the College Film Competition - Documentary Section. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com.

On the Third Day of an International Manhunt (BFA Thesis 2021 Jack Owen DP/Costa Karalis DR) was selected for screening at Camerimage in Torun, Poland, November 13-20. For more information about this festival, go to https://camerimage.pl/en/camerimage-2021/informacje-ogolne.

Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez), Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz), On the Sidelines (BFA Doc 2021 Valerie Betts), Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford), Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen), Capture the Flag (BFA F3 2021 Connie O’Connor), of our trespasses (BFA Thesis 2021 Taylor Ross), On the Third Day of an International Manhunt (BFA Thesis 2021 Costa Karalis), La Perrera (MFA Thesis 2021 Alex Thiel) and Days of Glory (BFA F3 2021 Melissa Calderon) were selected for screening at the Brouhaha Film & Video Showcase in Orlando, Florida, November 20-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.enzian.org.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Neen Talbott) was invited to screen at Festival Panoramic in Barcelona and Granollers, Spain, October 15 – November 28. For more information about this festival, go to https://panoramicgranollers.cat/en/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at the Savannah Film Festival, October 23-30. For more information about this festival, go to filmfest.scad.edu.

What the Heck is Going On? (BFA Thesis 2021 Alex Bale) was selected for screening at FilmQuest in Provo, Utah, October 29 – November 6. For more information about this festival, go to www.filmquestfestival.com<http://www.filmquestfestival.com>.

Full-Timers (BFA F3 2021 Andrew Bourne) was selected for screening at Sunscreen West in Hermosa Beach, November 5-6. For more information about this festival, go to https://ssffwest.com/.

Love Therapy (MFA D1 2019 Di Lu) was selected for screening at the ME Film Festival in Milledgeville and Eatonton in Georgia, November 1-7. For more information about this festival, go to mefestival.com.

Withered (MFA QD2 2020 Rita al Cuhna) was selected for screening at the Ibero-American Film Festival Miami, November 3-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.iaffm.com.

The Fifth Day (BFA F3 2021 Matthew Romanski) and Moonshot (BFA Thesis 2021 Chase Davis) were selected for screening at the Reel Recovery Film Festival and Symposium in Studio City, November 5-11 and The Fifth Day is a Finalist. For more information about this festival, go to www.reelrecoveryfilmfestival.org<http://www.reelrecoveryfilmfestival.org>.

Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2018 Bethany Miller) was selected for screening at the Franklin International Indie Film Festival in Tennessee, November 9-13. For more information about this festival, go to fiiff.org.

Roofing in July (BFA F3 2021 Cooper Shapiro) was selected for screening at GainesCon in St. Petersburg, November 19-20. For more information about this con, go to gainescon.com.

Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford) was selected for screening at the African Film Festival Atlanta, November 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to https://africanfilmfestatl.com/.

Darling Don’t Cry, It’s Ugly (MFA QD2 2020 Sarah Gambles) Irresistible (MFA D1 2019 Sarah Gambles) and Deep Space (MFA D2 2019 Ashley James) were selected for screening at jellyFEST in Los Angeles, November 20-21, 2021.

What the Heck is Going On? (BFA Thesis 2021 Alex Bale) was selected for screening at the New York City Short Comedy Film Festival on November 21. For more information about this festival, go to https://nycscff.com/.

Irreplaceable: Stories of Katrina (BFA Documentary 2020 Bretton Miller), FO(U)R (MFA Thesis 2020 Ashley James), Pink is the Color of the Ocean (BFA Thesis 2021 Summer Schantz), What the Heck is Going On? (BFA Thesis 2021 Alex Bale), A Bloody Good Time (BFA Thesis 2021 Kaitlin Corwin) and Of Our Trespasses (BFA Thesis 2021 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the Carrboro Film Fest in North Carolina, November 19-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.carrborofilm.org<http://www.carrborofilm.org>.

On the Sidelines (BFA Doc 2021 Valerie Betts) and Sugar Mountain (BFA Doc 2021 Javier Barranco) are Official Selections of the Central Florida Cinefest in Orlando, November 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to https://cfcinefest.org/.

Recipient (MFA Thesis 2021 Di Lu) was selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in Los Angeles, November 1-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.cafilmfestival.com.

A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) was selected for screening at the ABQ Indie Fest in Albuquerque, New Mexico, date to be determined, and is nominated for Best Cinematography. For more information about this festival, go to www.abqindiefestival.com/<http://www.abqindiefestival.com/>.

First Love (BFA Thesis 2021 Kiara Pomeroy) and Syena and the Orkestra (BFA F3 2020 Kiara Pomeroy) were selected for screening at Black Film Festival Atlanta, December 1-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.blackfilmfestivalatlanta.com/<http://www.blackfilmfestivalatlanta.com/>.

On the Third Day of an International Manhunt (BFA Thesis 2021 Costa Karalis), Dream Operator (BFA F3 2021 Bretton Miller) and The Muse (MFA D1 2020 Juliana White) were selected for screening at the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival in Florida, December 2-4. For more information about this festival, go to melbournefilmfest.com.

Pink is the Color of the Ocean (BFA Thesis 2021 Summer Schantz) was selected for screening at the Female Voices Rock Film Festival in New York City, December 2-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.femalevoicesrock.com.

Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez) was selected for screening at the Muestra Intergalactica de Cine festival in Saltillo, Mexico, December 6-12. For more information about this festival, go to www.muestraintergalactica.com<http://www.muestraintergalactica.com>.

How to Dance with Monsters (BFA F3 2021 Megan Baer) was selected for screening at the New York International Women Festival, December 11-12. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.niff.net/.

The Ghost of You (BFA F3 2021 Rose Hoover), Inside My House (BFA Documentary 2021 Gabby Carbone/Andrew Williams), Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz), A Fight for Starry Night (BFA Documentary 2021 Beatriz Arrocha), This Takes Time (BFA Documentary 2021 Indie DiMartino), Midnight Screams (BFA Thesis 2021 Sean Menendez), Moonshot (BFA Thesis 2021 Chase Davis), How to Dance with Monsters (BFA F3 2021 Megan Baer), What the Heck is Going On? (BFA Thesis 2021 Alex Bale) and Just Juice (BFA F3 2021 Erica Chow) were selected for screening at the Dunedin International Film Festival, January 13-16. For more information about this festival, go to http://dunedinfilmfestival.org/.

Shadowboxing (BFA Thesis 2021 Josh Myers), Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz), Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen), On the Sidelines (BFA Doc 2021 Valerie Betts), Sugar Mountain (Javier Barranco), Piccolo is Black (BFA Doc 2021 Ryan Joiner/Landon Watford), The Fifth Day (BFA F3 2021 Matthew Romanski) and A Fight for Starry Night (Beatriz Arrocha) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival (CENFLO) in Mount Dora, Florida, January 21-23, 2022. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com>.

Inside My House (BFA Documentary 2021 Gabby Carbone/Andrew Williams), Breaking Vanilla (BFA Doc 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz), This Takes Time (BFA Documentary 2021 Indie DiMartino), Sophie in Furbyland (BFA Doc 2021 Pacey Hansen), Full-Timers (BFA F3 2021 Andrew Bourne), Pink is the Color of the Ocean (BFA Thesis 2021 Summer Schantz), What the Heck is Going On? (BFA Thesis 2021 Alex Bale) and No Man’s Land (BFA F3 2021 Landon Hogue) were selected for screening at the Jacksonville Film Festival, February 4-6. For more information about this festival, go to https://jacksonvillefilmfestival.com/2022.

Of Our Trespasses (BFA Thesis 2021 Taylor Ross) was selected for screening in the 2022 version (dates to be announced later) of San Antonio QFest. For more information about this festival, go to www.pridesanantonio.org/sa-qfest-film-festival.html<http://www.pridesanantonio.org/sa-qfest-film-festival.html>.

AliEN (MFA Thesis 2021 Shahbaz Khan) was selected for screening at the Seattle Asian American Film Festival, March 3-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.seattleaaff.org.

 Life in the Between (BFA Thesis 2020 Siara-Lauren Brown) was selected for screening at the American Pavilion Diversity Showcase in Cannes, May 17-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.ampav.com/index.php/student-programs/cannes-emerging-filmmaker-showcase/.