[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 6.10.21

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:52:49 EDT 2021

From Taylor Slingerland (BFA 13) “Excited to share I’m working as the Assistant Prop Master on Jordan Peele’s upcoming feature. We’ve been doing tons of prep for the past couple of months and are gearing up to begin principal photography. You can catch it in theaters July 22nd, 2022! I’m also still working real estate most weekends, holding showings and hosting open houses as California reopens. Hit me up if you have any real estate related needs or questions! (I can also help with leases).”

Congratulations to Kyle Sahadeo (MFA 20) who is now Producer’s Assistant and Screenwriter at the Oklahoma Film and TV Academy!

From Costa Karalis (BFA 21) “I'm starting work next month as an Office PA for seasons 3 and 4 of FX's Atlanta. Excited to work on this great show and even more excited to be working alongside my friend and FSU Film classmate Will O'Neal. I'll be moving into Atlanta later this month and would love to connect with alumni up there!  costandinoskaralis at gmail.com<mailto:costandinoskaralis at gmail.com> “

From Jasper Tatem (BFA ADA 15) “I had the privilege to work on Marvel's Loki as a 3D artist for The Third Floor, inc. It's a really fantastic show and by far my favorite project to work on to date. It starts streaming this week on Disney+”

From Sam Bellamy (MFA 18) "The teaser trailer for Invasion, an Apple TV+ show I worked on as Assistant Editor, just dropped! It's a sci-fi drama series from Simon Kinberg (of X-Men/Deadpool/The Martian fame) starring Sam Neill, Shamier Anderson, Golshifteh Farahani, Shioli Kutsuna, and Firas Nassar. You can find the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-UkWWnb2g<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-UkWWnb2g__;!!PhOWcWs!hS_xj19FTfVoSaoEoU8s50w-URxEhKyYrhNBdf2jUvmcuyJhYMbKMbhABcaSltY$>."

From Ruth Hernandez (MFA 98) “I am the ADR editor and Zana  Bochar (BFA 07) is an assistant editor for the picture department  for Season 4 of Mrs. Maisel  (Zana was co-editor for one episode). I work for her father, Ron Bochar who is an owner of C5 inc.

From Phillip Thomas (MFA 16) “After three years at Herzog & Company, I recently accepted a position as an Assistant Editor for the Marketing team on the new series "Roku Recommends" on The Roku Channel. “Roku Recommends” is a 15-minute weekly entertainment program that will feature the Top 5 trending or topical titles (either on The Roku Channel or on any of thousands of partner channels). The five shows or films will be selected with the help of Roku’s proprietary usage data. The show premieres Thursday (June 3) with new episodes scheduled to hit every week. “Roku Recommends” is co-hosted by entertainment reporter/personality  Maria Menounos<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/variety.com/t/maria-menounos/__;!!PhOWcWs!i56RRffnzASLT9u84RUCIqgUTYohtvDFz1uytlzU-FKoU_d7n9t1VVrmKxPOHb4$> and ex-pro football player Andrew “Hawk” Hawkins. It’s produced by Funny Or Die (now  owned by designer, philanthropist and activist Henry R. Muñoz III<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/variety.com/2021/digital/news/funny-or-die-acquired-henry-munoz-1234971279/__;!!PhOWcWs!i56RRffnzASLT9u84RUCIqgUTYohtvDFz1uytlzU-FKoU_d7n9t1VVrmeGY-As4$>) and shot in L.A., with FOD’s Mike Farah, Beth Belew and Jim Ziegler serving as executive producers.”

From David Shark (MFA 12) “I'll be the 2nd 2nd Assistant Director on the upcoming season of S.W.A.T., and we are looking for a couple of production assistants to round out our staff.  Experience with wrangling background and/or first team is a must for the staff positions, but production assistants of any experience level in Los Angeles can send me their resumes as we often need an army of PAs for days on location.  Production starts sometime after July 4th.  Send resumes to david.a.shark at gmail.com<mailto:david.a.shark at gmail.com>. Thanks!”

DFF:
Filmmakers! SFFILM’s Documentary Film Fund supports documentary features in post-production that are taking a unique approach to documentary storytelling. Open once annually, the grant is accepting applications through July 15. Apply today: https://sffilm.org/documentary-film-fund/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sffilm.org/documentary-film-fund/__;!!PhOWcWs!nJ3GpKMGYDOscXR2gvCWti9RIvrNqrWr72s2MBc3XRnw6pjzACALnYo9fX7SvsE$>

New American
Filmmakers! SFFILM’s New American Fellowship supports recent immigrants to the US in development on a feature length documentary. Open once annually, the grant is accepting applications through July 15. Apply today: https://sffilm.org/new-american-fellowship/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sffilm.org/new-american-fellowship/__;!!PhOWcWs!nJ3GpKMGYDOscXR2gvCWti9RIvrNqrWr72s2MBc3XRnw6pjzACALnYo9rR4eVYs$>

Looking to hire a highly organized Assistant Editor to start early July through the end of October for syndicated show based in Stamford, CT. Must be willing/able to work from both home and Stamford, CT. Please note: COVID safety protocols are in place. We are an Avid-Based show, so proficiency working in Avid a must, After Effects knowledge a plus. Potential for working future seasons likely so looking for someone interested in long term gig.
General duties include but are not limited to:
* Load, sync and organize all footage
* Prepare, load and manage evidence for shoot as well as post
* Create projects in Avid
* Create Quick Times for Network review
* Create MXFs for Delivery
* Deliver shows and Re-Airs
* Import L3rds
* Import and Select VO
* Manage archive
* Assist editors in finding evidence and footage
* Create and Place Credits
* Copy footage and send drives & links to digital and promo
* Manage drive movement
* Troubleshoot Avid for team
Job Start Date: 7/1/2021; Estimated Duration:4 months
The applicant should possess the following skills:  Animation/Visual Effects/VFX Management
After Effects; Editing/Editing Utilities; Avid Media Composer
 Email:judgejerryaejob at nbcuni.com<mailto:judgejerryaejob at nbcuni.com>
NOTE:  if you are non-union and you get the job you can join the union.

Getting the Warren Report out early today and taking the afternoon offWarren so I can be at home to watch the final game of the Women’s College World Series.  Our FSU women are such a joy to watch, win or lose they are spectacular athletes who love their sport.

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – June 10, 2021

Binge Buddies (BFA F1 2020 Hollis Rosencranz) was selected for screening on June 26th at the New Florida Cinema Festival in Sarasota, a monthly series. For more information about this festival, go to newfloridacinema.org.

It’s Over (MFA D1 2020 Charlie Andelman) was selected for screening at the Lovesick Film Festival in Jersey City, New Jersey on June 26. For more information about this festival, go to lovesickfilmfestival.com/

Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) won Best Drama and Best Youth Actor Under 12 at the Land of Enchantment Family Film & Fashion Festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico, June 4-6. For more information about this festival, go to https://enchantmentfx4.com/.

Perfect Selfie (MFA QD2 2020 Di Lu) was selected for screening at the Myrtle Beach International Film Festival at a time TBD in May or June. For more information about this festival, go to http://myrtlebeachfilmfestival.com.

The Rope Warrior (BFA Documentary 2020 Andrew Bourne/Daniel Feldman) was invited to screen at the Toronto Jewish Film Festival, June 3-13. For more information about this festival, go to tjff.com.

Just the IT Guy (BFA F3 2019 Wesley Hayes) was rescheduled for screening at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, June 10-13 after last year’s festival was postponed. For more information about this festival, go to www.gasparillafilmfestival.com<http://www.gasparillafilmfestival.com>.

Breaking Vanilla (BFA Documentary 2021 Hollis Rosenkranz) was selected for screening at the inaugural Florida Environmental Film Festival in Sarasota, June 12-13. For more information about this festival, go to www.thefeff.org/.

Have a Nice Night (MFA Thesis 2020 Danny Malone) was selected for screening at the PopCon International Film Festival in Indianapolis, Indiana, July 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to popcon.us.

It’s Over (MFA D1 2020 Charlie Andelman) was selected for screening at the Big Teeth Small Shorts Film Festival in Chicago on June 17. For more information about this festival, go to www.bigteethsmallshorts.com<http://www.bigteethsmallshorts.com>.

Sound Off (BFA Documentary 2020 Megan Baer) was selected for screening at 15 Minutes of Fame, to be held virtually, June 19-27. For more information about this festival, go to www.etheridgeproductions.com/.

FO(U)R (MFA Thesis 2020 Ashley James) was selected for screening and will receive an Honourable Mention for the Jury Award at the Breakthroughs Film Festival in Toronto, June 16-20. For more information about this festival, go to breakthroughsfilmfestival.com.

Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) was selected for screening at the Chattanooga Film Festival, June 24-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.chattfilmfest.org/<http://www.chattfilmfest.org/>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas) was selected for screening at the Sene Film and Music Fest in Cranston, Rhode Island, June 17-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.senefest.com<http://www.senefest.com>.

Step Family (MFA Thesis 2020 Jessica Bouyer) was selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film Festival, June 15-20. For more information about this festival, go to charlotteblackfilmfestival.com.

In the Words of Hemingway (BFA F3 2020 Taylor Ross) is a Semi-Finalist for Florida Shorts, a new online film festival to be held June 30. For more information about this festival, go to floridashorts.com.

Perfect Selfie (MFA QD2 2020 Di Lu) was selected for screening at the London Shorts Film Festival on June 30. For more information about this festival, go to londonshorts.org.

A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) was selected for screening at the Vancouver Independent Film Festival in Canada on July 9. For more information about this festival, go to https://vancouverindiefestival.com/.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen), Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt), Becoming Wonder Woman (BFA Documentary 2019 Chase Davis)  and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes in July, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.

Step Family (MFA Thesis 2020 Jessica Bouyer) and Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry PR)were selected for screening at the Picture’s Up Film Festival in Los Angeles, July 9-18. For more information about this festival, go to https://picturesupfestival.com/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Dairy Land (BFA Documentary 2020 Cooper Shapiro), Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) and Jon Valentine (BFA F3 2020 Chase Davis) were selected for screening at the Smoky Mountain Film Festival in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on June 10-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.smokymountainfilmfest.com<http://www.smokymountainfilmfest.com>.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening Brighton Rocks in the UK, July 24-25. For more information about this festival, go to rocksfestivals.com.

Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 22-25 of 2021, because there will be no screening at this year’s Comic-Con at Home edition of the festival. For more information about this event, go to www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org>.

Have a Nice Night (MFA Thesis 2020 Danny Malone) was selected for screening at the Long Island International Film Expo, August 10-15. For more information about this festival, go to longislandfilm.com.

A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) and All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) were selected for screening at the Rochester Film Festival in upstate New York, August 26-28. For more information about this festival, go to http://rochesterfilmfest.org.

The Patrizi’s (BFA Documentary 2020 Rae Jenkins) is an official selection of Roman Cinema Doc 2021 in Rome, Italy, festival to be held in September, exact dates TBD. For more information about this festival, go to http://roma.cinemadoc.it/.

Smell the Trees (MFA Thesis 2020 Breyionna Flowers) was selected for screening and is an award nominee at the Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival, September 18-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.tinff.net.

Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) was selected for screening at the Orlando Film Festival, October 28 – November 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.orlandofilmfest.com.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Neen Talbott) was invited to screen at Festival Panoramic in Barcelona and Granollers, Spain, October 15 – November 28. For more information about this festival, go to https://panoramicgranollers.cat/en/.

Love Therapy (MFA D1 2019 Di Lu) was selected for screening at the ME Film Festival in Milledgeville and Eatonton in Georgia, November 1-7. For more information about this festival, go to mefestival.com.

Darling Don’t Cry, It’s Ugly (MFA QD2 2020 Sarah Gambles) Irresistible (MFA D1 2019 Sarah Gambles) and Deep Space (MFA D2 2019 Ashley James) were selected for screening at jellyFEST in Los Angeles, November 20-21, 2021. Deep Space is a Finalist, and Darling Don’t Cry, It’s Ugly and Irresistible are both Semi-Finalists. For more information about this festival, go to www.thejellyfest.com<http://www.thejellyfest.com>.

A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) was selected for screening at the ABQ Indie Fest in Albuquerque, New Mexico, date to be determined, and is nominated for Best Cinematography. For more information about this festival, go to www.abqindiefestival.com/.