[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 7.8.21

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Jul 8 13:38:12 EDT 2021

>From Francisco Cabrera (BFA 20) “"After wrapping on Netflix's Gentefied as the script coordinator/writers assistant, where I got to write my first episode of TV and follow it through production, I wrote a short documentary series for Netflix's ConTodo celebrating Queer Latinx Pride. Here's the link to the full series: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvahqwMqN4M1cQbzjKpdppVQmUz_HMhrc<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvahqwMqN4M1cQbzjKpdppVQmUz_HMhrc__;!!PhOWcWs!jWMym-85QIVI7trdqOCsXlbphHWntOjqjCrL7jR63jSlj4b5YT15CEk_sXDyGlg$>   Now, I'm a staff writer on a new comedy show for HBOmax called "Gordita Chronicles" - following a chubby girl who moved to South Florida from the Dominican Republic in the 80s. Link:

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-gordita-chronicles-pilot-series-order-hbo-max-claudia-forestieri-josh-berman-zoe-saldana-1234753158/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2021/05/the-gordita-chronicles-pilot-series-order-hbo-max-claudia-forestieri-josh-berman-zoe-saldana-1234753158/__;!!PhOWcWs!jWMym-85QIVI7trdqOCsXlbphHWntOjqjCrL7jR63jSlj4b5YT15CEk_GUxEy3E$>

Learning a ton about television writing through this process and would love to connect with any FSU student who is interested in writing for TV."

Congratulations to Chris Amick and Ben Mekler (both BFA 10) whose Disney show Kipo was nominated for an Emmy! “Writing on this show was such a joy. So proud to be part of the team.”

>From Iliana Ipes (BFA 18) “Here's the link to an article that I was recently featured in!
https://shoutoutla.com/meet-iliana-ipes-cinematographer/?fbclid=IwAR2ffVA3RTyjS9o-I51OqgHjas7m8jGyCdmrLavdKMBu8p1_k_G9t4N86CA<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/shoutoutla.com/meet-iliana-ipes-cinematographer/?fbclid=IwAR2ffVA3RTyjS9o-I51OqgHjas7m8jGyCdmrLavdKMBu8p1_k_G9t4N86CA__;!!PhOWcWs!mY6yZhnnwJGgk8k64OKm8m06Jjxb78Sfms6ISIsYhDCGvmgECeR-uJTjgVgISp4$>

Congratulations to Jonathan Stone (Film School Head of Visual Effects) who serves as Vice-Chair for the Education Council of Film Florida.

>From Mithra Alavi (MFA 14) “My short "Birds Fly Home" is having its world premiere as part of LA Shorts International Film Festival. It premieres on Saturday July 10th and is available to watch for the rest of July on  www.YouTube.com/TheShortsNetwork <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.YouTube.com/TheShortsNetwork__;!!PhOWcWs!i2quT-VT8qT97XcnfXMj1jY1okbVSO-U36seUkxLpjZFg0pmaEVmn4LFtOE77fU$> as part of the drama section. Also check out ways to watch on https://www.lashortsfest.com/watch <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.lashortsfest.com/watch__;!!PhOWcWs!i2quT-VT8qT97XcnfXMj1jY1okbVSO-U36seUkxLpjZFg0pmaEVmn4LF_YRR1bk$> ‘

George Reasner {MFA '93} Sometime before the whole lock-down, I did a funny dark sitcom pilot and it was scheduled to screen at the Pictures Up Film Fest in LA, July 2020. But didn't... Patience prevailed, and they kept us on the new screening menu for 2021! If you're around LA this weekend, head over to Theater Row on Santa Monica Blvd and check out the pilot I directed "Thanks For Trying" at the Pictures Up Film Festival: Pilots block:
https://filmfreeway.com/PicturesUpFilmFestival/tickets<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https*3A*2F*2Ffilmfreeway.com*2FPicturesUpFilmFestival*2Ftickets*3Ffbclid*3DIwAR0c1F9TU26GGs98vpfQTtjUfrl6eULjWeBda_06XmEpWOZlhLNPhBLgJiI&h=AT1ksPFMCnHn1gavH-mL5oDhbzUx_vZGEnzS8z8dPpx_jCBIMve7moHdInTvsbjBpbZFq_stU1f_S0_w4suu9i9l3m2gVvl1dTGW8dO6JDG_JKk1-SZybU4SXvsJx1ubAtsyJBc&__tn__=-UK-R&c*0*=AT0rdMtfNSqFgyIac8aRvetkvcIdVgwsnNc5sDE-SIM9HjHJ1fliJ1rTUpsGr7Znnz__k0-OuU3zbrPe_bnwWyaAUwwOpqkIw1LXijgCeMXafxUsdJnobt18kz0KqxZ99s7Ilc6xyBxB7HuAMmqcjWLSD0g__;JSUlJSUlJVtd!!PhOWcWs!i1siW4BlGagKB2KcjvJlfB6qQSwh6bzZDgCsHsdfuEpVYxf_lfC9TJu7dsHNt1E$>
Shot by DP Dana Fytelson (MFA 14) with camera team support by Melisse Sporn (BFA 14)and Nicola Newton (BFA 15), and edited by Stephanie Williams (MFA 14).

Congratulations to Jacqueline Stein (MFA Writing 17) who is the Showrunner's Asst for The Umbrella Academy on Netflix!

>From Amanda Sernna (MFA Writing 21). “ I've secured a part-time position as Director's Assistant to Tamika Miller who is currently developing her much-anticipated feature film UNDERCARD, starring actress/comedienne Wanda Sykes in her first dramatic role. Simultaneously, Tamika is also making a transition from features to episodic TV. I'm really excited to be working with her and so happy to share this news.”

Welcome to our new Academic Advisor and Mapping Coordinator, Mary Correia!  “Mary Correia is from Tallahassee and a two-time graduate of the Florida State University College of Social Work. She comes to the College of Motion Picture Arts from the FSU College of Business where she was an academic and admissions advisor for over six years. Before that, Mary worked as a social worker in various different roles primarily helping people experiencing homelessness and people with disabilities. In her spare time, Mary loves watching movies (obviously), cheering on the FSU baseball and softball teams, crafting, and spending time with her partner Steven and cat Sebastian. Mary’s claim to fame at the College of Motion Picture Arts is that in high school, she was cast as the lead in the MFA thesis film The Best Years of My Life directed by Cindy Rago (MFA 05) . If you want to see the advisor as a fourteen-year-old emo kid, then this is a film you can’t miss. Mary attributes her experience acting in that film to changing the way she watches movies forever, and she is so happy to be a part of helping current film students become successful alumni. Hi Cindy! Call or email me sometime! I would love to catch up.”

https://www.linkedin.com/.../i-love-title-sequences...<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-love-title-sequences-stewart-hopewell?fbclid=IwAR0YEOPoN8El5LR20PxJwW_RZt8ocgi2AjTFSHmumqgv1gcRdFS7BCRetb0>

>From Raymond Knudsen (BFA 19) “In early 2020, Jacqueline Xerri (BFA 19), Stephen Musumeci (BFA 19), Robert Bevis (BFA 18) and I made a short film with a team of alumni in New York called Monkey Bars<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/vimeo.com/428698738__;!!PhOWcWs!hV2dRa7ztDBPP5wli4SlNWuoEWs6KqFvpUx0VB_FUvy2piOIRRs_GbXqWyKC2Tc$>. While we were completing post-production at FSU, the pandemic occurred and I moved back to West Palm Beach for most of last year. I started my production company, Big Blue Pictures<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.bigbluepictures.com__;!!PhOWcWs!hV2dRa7ztDBPP5wli4SlNWuoEWs6KqFvpUx0VB_FUvy2piOIRRs_GbXqe0CK4h4$>, and dove back into competitive bodybuilding<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/p/CHc70UAB453/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link__;!!PhOWcWs!hV2dRa7ztDBPP5wli4SlNWuoEWs6KqFvpUx0VB_FUvy2piOIRRs_GbXqo3w6w9c$>. I was itching to compete again and wanted to do additional R&D for my upcoming film projects. In November, I moved in with Robert Bevis in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. After some indie work, I began PA'ing for Tyler Knutt (BFA 19) on social media ads for Bud Light, 1800 Tequila and Chubbies. After a month, I began freelance coordinating for brands such as LG, Carolina Herrera and Nike. The city has been busy! I am producing another alumni short film in Tampa this August titled Weapons and Their Names<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/seedandspark.com/fund/weapons-and-their-names__;!!PhOWcWs!hV2dRa7ztDBPP5wli4SlNWuoEWs6KqFvpUx0VB_FUvy2piOIRRs_GbXq8MTucmY$>, which is written/directed by Melina Valdez (BFA 17). I am producing with Paula Andrea González-Nasser (BFA 15) and Robert Bevis is DP.I've been loving NYC and am beyond grateful for all the opportunities post-FSU.”

> [...]
Savage Lands Trailer
https://vimeo.com/475656359<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/vimeo.com/475656359__;!!PhOWcWs!gxC3fip3ObHhOqnuiIhBPgg9NwacQB0UhUgAa3MRzzglXbE-E3stjIqpAIiXtig$>
Password: SL1
Sizzle Reel
https://vimeo.com/467684099/eed141bec0<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/vimeo.com/467684099/eed141bec0__;!!PhOWcWs!gxC3fip3ObHhOqnuiIhBPgg9NwacQB0UhUgAa3MRzzglXbE-E3stjIqpBeYw1C0$>

>From James Sobel (BFA 07) “Producers! Do you like working with some of the most talented directors, cinematographers, editors and VFX artists in our industry? Even more so with a competitive salary and benefits? Do you wish you had more creative variety in your projects? Then you may enjoy working as an advertising producer. My agency, Carmichael Lynch<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.carmichaellynch.com/__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJ1QSrf5o$>, produces broadcast commercials, digital content and radio spots for clients such as Subaru, Conoco, Phillips 66, 76, Bush's Beans, Xcel Energy, Amstel Light and more. We are hiring producers at all levels. Right now, we are still working remotely. In the future, there may be a need for semi-regular travel to Minneapolis (a great city) for training, editorial, client meetings, etc. Follow the links for more info + how to apply. And I am always happy to answer any questions about the advertising industry, the work or the company. I'm at james.sorbel at clynch.com<mailto:james.sorbel at clynch.com>.

  *   Associate Content Producer<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/carmichaellynch-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=200&company_id=17243&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJjYsMSgA$>
  *   Content Producer<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/carmichaellynch-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=201&company_id=17243&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJSdpNR2g$>
  *   Digital (Interactive) Producer<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/carmichaellynch-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=177&company_id=17243&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJAYBQ7CA$>
  *   Sr. Digital Producer<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/carmichaellynch-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=183&company_id=17243&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJ-OwaIvg$>
  *   Sr. Content Producer<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/carmichaellynch-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=202&company_id=17243&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992273&level=levelid1&levelid1=36307&startflag=2__;!!PhOWcWs!ghbZqhYpgQbFC7aTET_fgHNCrEQDZ9GQiies_i8AlAvNTt_4M6h1Ipa4C6lJ70XuhqU$>

NO FESTIVAL UPDATE - BRENDA'S ON VACATION!