[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 1.22.21

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Fri Jan 22 07:47:38 EST 2021

From Shane Houghton (BFA 07): "My brother, Chris, and I signed an overall deal with Disney to develop new animated series, shorts and movies for Disney Channel and Disney+. Season 3 of Big City Greens was also announced, which we have been working on completely from home since April of 2020. The last batch of Season 2 episodes have recently started premiering on Disney Channel (Saturday mornings at 9AM) and all of Season 2 will be on Disney+ later this year. https://deadline.com/2021/01/big-city-greens-renewed-season-3-creators-chris-houghton-shane-houghton-overall-deal-1234672463/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2021/01/big-city-greens-renewed-season-3-creators-chris-houghton-shane-houghton-overall-deal-1234672463/__;!!PhOWcWs!j5ve_WszhC1zISb0lUAwGPZrlP7EBSwa_CHXvmmHZKKPYBLNUqHMajj_FSdmKWQ$>

From Blake Taylor (BFA 06) “For the better part of the past year I’ve been working as writer & co-producer on Season 3 of The CW's CHARMED.  It’s a very fun show with a splendid group of people, which has made imprisonment in a zoom box surprisingly bearable.  Charmed Season 3 premieres on January 24th, and keep an eye out for my name on episodes 310 and 315…Covid willing.”

Geena Hernandez (BFA 20) was one of three winners of a 2nd annual WAVE Grant (Women at the Very Edge) for female filmmakers. She'll receive $5000 plus mentorship in the areas of producing, development, post, fundraising and distribution of a short horror comedy about a shy teen who goes to her first slumber party and learns what girls really do at those things. The grant is supported by Wavelength Productions, a company that had two features at Sundance last year and another two this year.

From Jake Morgan (MFA Writing 16) “So, time to share some news! Just wrapped up my first week as a TV Writing professor at Lipscomb University. And it was THE BEST. I'm thrilled to be a part of what's happening in our College of Entertainment Arts and Department or Cinematic Arts. COVID-19 made for a wild 2020, but I'm so thankful for the doors that opened in Tennessee amidst the chaos. I'm really excited to work with my new students as I continue my writing career from Nashville. It's good to be back, y'all!”

I’m happy to report that Erika Bagnarello (MFA 06)is teaching Advanced Filmmaking for us this semester while Victor Nunez is on LOA making a film.  And Kyle Arrington (MFA Writing 09)  is filling in for Greg Marcks who is on Professional Development Leave for the Spring Semester.