[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 10.22.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 22 16:18:53 EDT 2020

MATT LOPEZ (BFA 93) has sold his feature spec “Wraith” to NETFLIX. Described as a horror thriller in the vein of “Don’t Breathe” and “10 Cloverfield Lane,” the story explores the aftermath of a massive nationwide cyberattack through the eyes of the residents of one New York City apartment building. Sebastian Hofmann is attached to direct. Article at: https://deadline.com/2020/10/netflix-matt-lopez-spec-wraith-cyberstorm-sebastian-hofmann-directing-1234591185/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2020/10/netflix-matt-lopez-spec-wraith-cyberstorm-sebastian-hofmann-directing-1234591185/__;!!PhOWcWs!jey7SOcbtKV8tFPrI4VY5Y88C6mPyEv2HW0JBvAyXLImx3WKzuKv1L-8_C0Vojo$>

From Todd Schulman (MFA 03):  “Very excited to be a part of two films coming out this week!!! 537 VOTES premiered on HBO at this week.  BORAT: SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM debuts on Amazon Prime Video on Friday.Both are worth checking out!!  I  was an executive producer on 537 Votes and a co-producer on the Borat sequel.”

From Nikki Groton (BFA 11) "Our alumni-fueled feature film DARKNESS IN TENEMENT 45 (tenement45film.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/tenement45film.com__;!!PhOWcWs!ni3MJCUBQkH2z_7K7208UX3wVpvbx_eSRi8umdFjaQrtg1s1KKTdUGa6znQqFYKcN0A$>) just finished its U.S. festival run by winning Best Feature Film, Best Actress, Best Director of Photography (Carissa Dorson - BFA 11), and Best Composer (Logan Rees - BFA 11) at HorrOrigins! The film will be available across all Video-on-Demand platforms including Amazon, Google Play and iTunes on the spookiest day of all...Election Day! Please vote then support this film that bleeds garnet and gold. Featuring the talents of writer/director Nicole Groton (BFA 11), producers Crystal Collins (BFA 10) & Simone Lapidus (BFA 11), Co-Producer Kelly Bumford (BFA 09), production designer Caitlin Nicole Williams (BFA 10), editor Beca Marquest (BFA 10), 1st AD Holly Pearson (BFA 12), 2nd AD Rachel Pontbriand (BFA 12), 1st AC Nicola Newton (BFA 15), 2nd AC Brooke Zbytniewski (BFA 17), Gaffer Dana Fytelson (MFA 14), and so many more Noles!"

From Idan Menin (BFA 12) “In August I wrapped production on my latest feature film as director of photography titled "Sooyii." The film is set during the smallpox epidemic of the 18th century and tells the story of the Blackfeet Tribe. The production was produced hand and hand with members of the tribe and shot entirely on blackfeet land. It will be the first narrative feature film entirely in the Blackfeet language. My wife, Laura Cristina Ortiz served as the costume designer and Alex Cameron (BFA 13) was the 1st AC and Iliana Ipes (BFA 18) was our 2nd AC. While the film was arduous shooting in remote locations with minimal crew and equipment, I think the end result will have been well worth it. They are currently in post on the film so expect updates by the end of the year.”

This is Alex Lau (MFA 2009).  “I’m out in San Francisco and I’ve started a new job, so just sending a quick update for the Report.  It’s been a pretty wild up and down couple of years — I was a senior filmmaker on the Clinton campaign, and after things didn’t work out, I moved to San Francisco to join a media startup in the Bay Area called OZY (I’m also CCing Brenda because I think I saw her response to an OZY email survey, so I know she’s a reader!).  We made digital video series, podcasts, international news reports, live events festivals, and TV shows, including a town hall style show called Black Women OWN the Conversation for the Oprah Winfrey Network.  Just as I decided to leave the company, I won an Emmy as the DP for that show!  Awkward timing for sure.  But I recently started my new job as an executive video producer for Facebook, and it’s definitely a crazy time to join a place that’s at the forefront of so many conversations around the globe.”
From Dan Ast (BFA 05):  John<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/JohnCThursby?__cft__*5b0*5d=AZWa5WvCLqcyx6HPiZDNp8z6uSAB_wwBWQZuXF4ZGrE8D9sHYlb7IDlzTgCWTO6WL0G7o6qFT06FFjoejGnPqRVZ2Y2o5_pUp33D4dgYemWr_1ORkKCqi8CWBcB6jN-bboFszzH4i0UZuE4v86LPHHMoIfvNbYgJKoxHC9zkpIVMq7lIu2yyV7hDacmGDChHrBdGaEnB45avs1ycM7UithgVmrr63E1FdrCUlePjiFvc_w&__tn__=-*5dK-R__;JSUl!!PhOWcWs!jRF6hdL42S6BSpCF4b3C3Jr9TGNfckz38Wrd3P8FURwA9o5SBMaWP3gJCWZkbeI$> (Thursby (BFA 02) and I won Best Screenplay for our script “Bloody Mary” at Screamfest Horror Film Festival<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/Screamfest/?__cft__*5b0*5d=AZWa5WvCLqcyx6HPiZDNp8z6uSAB_wwBWQZuXF4ZGrE8D9sHYlb7IDlzTgCWTO6WL0G7o6qFT06FFjoejGnPqRVZ2Y2o5_pUp33D4dgYemWr_1ORkKCqi8CWBcB6jN-bboFszzH4i0UZuE4v86LPHHMoIfvNbYgJKoxHC9zkpIVMq7lIu2yyV7hDacmGDChHrBdGaEnB45avs1ycM7UithgVmrr63E1FdrCUlePjiFvc_w&__tn__=kK-R__;JSU!!PhOWcWs!jRF6hdL42S6BSpCF4b3C3Jr9TGNfckz38Wrd3P8FURwA9o5SBMaWP3gJmZprE5Y$>! https://screamfestla.com/blog/2020-festival-awards-announced
Barry Jenkins (BFA 03) released a teaser for Underground Railroad! https://vimeo.com/469587898/b3c8d7883e?ref=tw-<https://vimeo.com/469587898/b3c8d7883e?ref=tw-share>

From Courtney Harmstone (BFA 12) “Excited to share that Indigo Valley is officially out in the UK and US on Amazon prime and Apple TV! Some incredible, talented individuals were involved in this production - be sure to check it out if you can! Jaclyn Bethany Irene Frá Xochicali”

From Stephen Griffin (MFA 10) “Tomorrow is a big day that has been 3 years in the making. The first episode of our dog rescue docu-series ‘To the Rescue’ premieres on the CW all across the country. Supervising Producer,  I worked with an incredible group of storytellers that came together to capture some truly inspiring stories of dog rescue. I’m really proud of what we achieved, and getting to know the people who volunteer their time to save dogs has been a highlight of my life.  Thanks to our host and EP Tommy Habeeb<http://Tommy%20Habeeb> for bringing us along for the ride.  Check www.totherescuetv.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.totherescuetv.com/?fbclid=IwAR1wqSQ7W6OKRle9F2zkUmBAalxq1bSZRaWRN_19Pus8kXsPz0gs55ifd3c__;!!PhOWcWs!l4-lVEnV-Y_qOYDghXp2bLY-vyUBvA6EWFvqPbn_CTrFc0n_CQUDXoz4RfQsrmE$> to see where it’s airing in your city - every Saturday!”
From Zachary Johnson (BFA 12)  Excited to announce that our short film "School Night" will continue its rollout with the Austin Film Festival next week! This one is near and dear to me as AFF has always had such an incredible writer's conference and artist community. Please check out all of the incredible roundtables, panels, and films that AFF has to offer. You can buy badges or tickets at the below links:  https://watch.eventive.org/austinfilmfestival2020   (Zach was writer/director,  Shane Spiegel (BFA 11 ) was producer, Lauren Brinkman (BFA 12) was co-producer/editor, and Idan Menin (BFA 12) was cinematographer)  https://watch.eventive.org/austinfilmfestivalconference2020   Our short will be screening on Sunday Oct 25th at 9:30PM CT. Get your tickets and enjoy our Texas Premiere and Q&A!”12 ) “Excited to announce that our short film "School Night" will continue its rollout with the Austin Film Festival next week! This one is near and dear to me as AFF has always had such an incredible writer's conference and artist community. Please check out all of the incredible roundtables, panels, and films that AFF has to offer. You can buy badges or tickets at the below links:  https://watch.eventive.org/austinfilmfestival2020    https://watch.eventive.org/austinfilmfestivalconference2020   Our short will be screening on Sunday Oct 25th at 9:30PM CT. Get your tickets and enjoy our Texas Premiere and Q&A!”
From Lucas Muratore (MFA 20): “Happy to share that Middlesex Film Festival<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/middlesexfilmfestival.com__;!!PhOWcWs!mjmohsxRSlu2hJ_-nPnjTtg8ayjtwVW2uU7gzXkPmUEiBCbjiBkmQYaK-_5aNJg$> tickets are available for free through Eventbrite!There is a suggested donation of $20 for each individual joining in.  Here is the link to the Eventbrite page:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/middlesex-film-festival-registration-119151434147<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.eventbrite.com/e/middlesex-film-festival-registration-119151434147__;!!PhOWcWs!mjmohsxRSlu2hJ_-nPnjTtg8ayjtwVW2uU7gzXkPmUEiBCbjiBkmQYaK6HYbRo4$>
We're excited to be showcasing a few FSU films in addition to other student filmmakers from across the country.   Hope to virtually see a few FSU faces this coming Saturday, October 24th!”

Brook Durham (BFA 94) has another Hallmark Christmas script!
Project Christmas Wish
Starring: Amanda Schull and Travis Van Winkle
Premieres: Sunday, Dec. 20
For years Lucy has played Santa to her small town’s community by making their holiday wishes come true. But when Lucy grants a little girl’s wish for a Christmas like she used to have with her mom, she unexpectedly finds her own wishes coming true in life and love.

From Dylan Chase (BFA 15) "I'm thrilled to finally share an animated short with you that I recently completed with a small team, A Night in Camp Heebie Jeebie. For over 3.5 years, we dedicated our nights and weekends to creating this creepy/cute short about Camp Heebie Jeebie. During a stormy night, the ghost stories shared by a group of Jeebie Scouts become all too real. Alumni who worked on this include Chris Alender (BFA 98), Jasper Tatem (BFA 2015), Lauren Hammond (BFA 2016), Darrel Raymundo (BFA 2015), and others." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5vT2MnoPs<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5vT2MnoPs__;!!PhOWcWs!mqODPAdD5KnQpga1cQKY1DzFh-JenHfASbNhFCafJ5STVKPvejP_4SswoXyjaWA$>

From Octevia Robertson (BFA ADA 15) “I recently finished working as a VFX Coordinator on Lovecraft Country at the end of September. I’m so proud of what was accomplished for such an INCREDIBLE show. I’m so thankful to have been a part of the VFX team, even if was for a short stint of time (after I wrapped on Westworld Season 3 at the end of May). This was the first show that I worked on completely remote, as a byproduct of the pandemic. I didn’t get a chance to meet anyone from my team in-person. Although, I enjoyed their presence and humor via Zoom, Slack, calls & texts. Truly all great people. “

From Jason Benoit (BFA 06) “The movie I shot and produced last year in New Mexico for Focus Features called "Half Brothers" comes out wide theatrically on December 4th. We just released the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxxfuLPWXg<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxxfuLPWXg__;!!PhOWcWs!lmDSnuKXu5f9QqWOGQcoycegL7zXtMLqR_J5safY7m6_EsgsyzkVxiJ3ZeDdxuU$>”

From Corey Crumpacker (BFA 15) “Got a chance to write and direct a commercial campaign for a sports nutrition company in Austin and take my first foray back into production since the pandemic hit. Really grateful their marketing team gave me so much freedom with the comedy and creative in general. It's weird being on set with all this but it was good to experience a safe way of working as a path forward. This was a fun one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwMAzsmNhWQ&t=138s

From Millicent Johnnie (MFA 20) “My film “Pulling Back the Curtain” featuring Artistic Director Tyrone Brooks (former principal with Dance Theater of Harlem) and the Tallahassee Ballet gets released online next week! It is being sponsored by COCA, Visit Tallahassee, City of Tallahassee and Culture Builds Florida and highlights the work of Karissma Robinson (Director of Photography), Harrison Cole Smith (Editor) and myself (Producer, Director, Choreographer). Please feel free to help spread the word with our FSU alumni community!

Separately, I’m teaching a special online dance class called “Louisiana Noir” through the American College Dance Association to raise funds for my feature film “Ma Negresse”. Half of the proceeds from the class will be donated to Sisters Unite Productions to go towards post-production costs for the film! If anyone would like to support or register for the class please visit acda.dance to guarantee a spot and visit sistersunitepro.com/ma-negresse<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/sistersunitepro.com/ma-negresse__;!!PhOWcWs!jsHAtFn1bJmphjAwjzOPNA0FFtwCoWP8GmYTRxz0YKmC3ryreuOwYpHMuCVDnBM$> to learn more about the film!”

This is LONG for a WR post, but this is a recent press release with lots of update information about the Film School:

“The Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=X2D5tMian1SzJurPr1kyloOdY3HNcEb7QTyeMJraOkc-3D1IVV_jIFc-2F86sL6bBDioe6stwvz7kS1b1aXs0vqqi6I7IP9e0vhALbnYHURcbfPZlU6-2BP7ptCNk4GM3pIi6-2FSDIiJNm6KXRqDBGrCe-2F4YYquGfVjXiVySOR2v-2Bc7WhIQmHTTPz6vZuvwhxWr0clyhrEfQB5SN-2FFL4iQfS12FpDFMz8ZY-2B-2Br20d1kq-2FRkPYWRGIhaXdjohR3SJIC7qzRGPSVvLBa30QlK9mpmJfCtrviB8k7tBqYFybcgf260jCqlqWctTuig579feTScsRlO3aG9lglewTh9VHNrQ7YjqsyRNb6wsYvs8OPnqzEkJnvtOrpOvy76JgZh3th4zNP85iGJIEOEQMXoX2Ul97207iWaRqSUIq8GWmCzdQ3u8HTBqzBk3OPkt4gcssnKNHdqzW-2B-2Bs1g-3D-3D__;!!PhOWcWs!k_Qhre0KFoKVvotIzEAbQtlZg7PvpFcfE4y_PvMYwYwu4Z9uby7e6tj3KlJVeXc$> maintained its high ranking in yet another entertainment industry publication in 2020. The Wrap News<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/link.mediaoutreach.meltwater.com/ls/click?upn=X2D5tMian1SzJurPr1kyloVmJkSPG-2FcqzrZP69r-2BZvqZ-2Bi9AQBFv1BRi0Z4x9P54ogW98RwXIhze3tWrocf0N07cOmhrWMjXRhH-2BwTDqMPw-3DpJui_jIFc-2F86sL6bBDioe6stwvz7kS1b1aXs0vqqi6I7IP9e0vhALbnYHURcbfPZlU6-2BP7ptCNk4GM3pIi6-2FSDIiJNm6KXRqDBGrCe-2F4YYquGfVjXiVySOR2v-2Bc7WhIQmHTTPz6vZuvwhxWr0clyhrEfQB5SN-2FFL4iQfS12FpDFMz8ZY-2B-2Br20d1kq-2FRkPYWRGIhaXdjohR3SJIC7qzRGPSVvLBcjj71uBb4Fg2cZban2FjWtLWxhMv1k5aNMN-2BH-2BdmjofOuc-2F9ahVJwl0cgxEEvqWCaVkl0845i0i1uig8iRJqvDkYdxmsM-2FWv0vQ0yuAEIUzZkoqRr-2BrBwXX-2F0deFXYsLefSSso764Rc2uSMFB7j80devhVulG5KucuYuoVCGQdInbsAeiEXJCNSWpfPP63dmg-3D-3D__;!!PhOWcWs!k_Qhre0KFoKVvotIzEAbQtlZg7PvpFcfE4y_PvMYwYwu4Z9uby7e6tj3tr-1g6Q$> revealed last week that FSU placed No. 13 in its list of the nation’s top 50 film schools. FSU was also ranked No. 13 by the publication last year. Reb Braddock, dean of the College of Motion Picture Arts, said they are excited by the continued recognition as a top film school in the nation. “The credit of our success always goes straight to the hardest working faculty and staff of any film school in the world and, of course, to our most talented and dedicated alums,” he said. “Even during a pandemic our FSU Film family continues to innovate in their approach to education, ensuring our students can continue to make their films safely and passionately.”

The Wrap spotlighted the college’s new $10,000 Torchlight Diverse Voices in Cinema Grant, designed to amplify the voices of those who seek to overcome injustice through the power of cinematic storytelling and noted a new Equity Scholarship and annual diversity events.

The publication also featured the college’s Torchlight Center Forge division, which offers interdisciplinary practicums where students create tools and solve problems related to real-time virtual filmmaking. Projects involve students and faculty from the College of Motion Picture Arts, Engineering and the Department of Computer Science, and center around game engine development pipelines and innovative tech for previsualization of animated and live-action films.

The college’s list of distinguished alumni, which includes 2003 graduate and Academy Award-winner Barry Jenkins, Marvel Film executive Stephen Broussard and producer Adele Romanski, is helping to propel the school’s success and its rising profile.  In the classroom, the college further distinguishes itself with an exceptionally low 5-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio. Students also enjoy production and postproduction facilities free of charge. The Wrap also mentioned new faculty member and veteran sound designer Pete Winter, who worked on Oscar-nominated “Ulee’s Gold” and “Ruby in Paradise.”  In August, The Hollywood Reporter ranked Florida State among the top 20 on its list of Top 25 American Film Schools. The Wrap’s ranking was determined through an anonymous poll of over 2,000 entertainment industry insiders, filmmakers and film critics in addition to educators, deans and education evaluation experts.”
From Madeline Eberhard (BFA10 ): “During the pandemic I moved from New Orleans to Vero Beach, FL and I have been shooting and editing for a great Marketing company here in Vero Beach called Ironside. You can view our work here: https://ironsidepress.net<https://ironsidepress.net/>/ Myself and Kenneth George my manager are a filmmaking team. We shoot, edit, write and do photography and animation. We have really ramped up production and are seeking an addition to our team. I  am reaching out to you to see if there are any candidates you could recommend out of Florida state who may have graduated a couple years ago and have some experience under their belt. Ideally we would like a strong editor firstly, some production/lighting/camera experience and any animation or specialty skills a plus. Also must be presentable and have professional good communication skills. If you know of anyone who lives in Florida currently who would fit these credentials please pass me their information as a possibility. If interested, email me at madeline at ironsidepress.net<mailto:madeline at ironsidepress.net>”

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – October 22, 2020

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead) was awarded Best Student Short Film at the L-Dub Film Festival in Lake Worth, Florida, November 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.lakeworthplayhouse.org/welcome/ldub/.

Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Georgia, November 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.romeinternationalfilmfestival.com.

Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) is a finalist in the Shorts Competition at the Peachtree Village International Film Festival in Atlanta, October 29 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to www.pviffatl.com/.

The Red Pad of Courage (BFA Thesis 2020 Chelsea Low) is a Semi-Finalist for Spark Animation 2020 in Vancouver, Canada, October 29 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to http://sparkanimation.ca/.

The Rope Warrior (BFA Documentary 2020 Andrew Bourne/Daniel Feldman) was selected for screening at the Chicago International Reel Shorts Film Festival, dates to be announced. For more information about this festival, go to www.projectchicago.com<http://www.projectchicago.com>.

The Hag (BFA Documentary 2020 Jay Ellis) was selected for screening in the October edition of Frightfest in London. For more information about this festival, go to www.frightfest.co.uk/<http://www.frightfest.co.uk/>.

Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Sunscreen Film Festival West in Gardena, California on October 22. For more information about this festival, go to ssffwest.com.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas Dir/Shuaihua Liu,DP) is a finalist in the inaugural Los Angeles Cinematography Awards to be held October 23rd. For more information about this competition, go to http://losangeles.cawards.org/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Life in the Between (BFA Thesis 2020 Siara-Lauren Brown), Five Minutes (MFA QD2 2020 Pei-Yu Lai), Under the Veil (MFA Thesis 2020 Alex Argiles (dr)/Cole Smith (wr)) and If You’re Out There (MFA QD2 2020 Alex Thiel) were selected for screening at the inaugural Middlesex Film Festival (founded by our own Lucas Muratore, MFA 20) to be live-streamed on October 24. For more information about this festival go to middlesexfilmfestival.com.

For the Woman on the Floor (BFA Thesis 2018 Livia Ohihoin/Caro Beguiristain) was selected for screening at Women X: A Rianne Pictures Event in Parkgate, England, October 24-25. It is nominated for Best Drama, Best Director, Best Writing and Best Performance. For more information about this festival, go to https://riannepictures.com/womenx.

Happy Monday (MFA QD2 2020 Ruoyu Zhang) was selected for screening at the Ethereal Horror Fest in Austin, October 24-25. For more information about this festival, go to www.etherialhorrorfest.com

Life in the Between (BFA Thesis 2020 Siara-Lauren Brown), Joining the Birds (BFA Thesis 2020 Carrie Carusone) and All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) were selected for screening at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth (NFFTY) in Seattle, October 23 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to nffty.org.

Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) was selected for screening at Peachtree Village International Film Festival in Atlanta, October 29 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to www.pviffatl.com/.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the SCAD Savannah Film Festival, October 24-31. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfest.scad.edu/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at the Liverpool Film Festival in the UK, October 25-27 (and if you know Will and his obsession with the British Invasion of the 60s-70s, you’ll understand how exciting this is). For more information about this festival, go to www.lififf.com<http://www.lififf.com>.

The Marble Table (MFA QD2 2020 Ayana Jones) and Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) were selected for screening at the Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center’s African American Film Marketplace and S.E. Manly Short Film Showcase, October 23 – November 8. For more information about this festival, go to www.bherc.org<http://www.bherc.org>.

Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) was selected for screening at the Asian Film Festival in Hollywood, November 1-14. For more information about this festival, go to https://asianfilmfestival.us/.

My Theory on Ghosts (MFA QD2 2020 Eli Barry) was selected for screening at the Wheaton Film Festival in Maryland, November 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.wheatonfilmfestival.com.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber), Wing It (BFA Thesis 2020 Jillian Lucia/Brendan Arena), Love Therapy (MFA D1 2019 Di Lu), Irreplaceable: Stories of Katrina (BFA Documentary 2020 Bretton Miller), Quarantined (BFA Documentary 2020 Aidan Baker/Perry Cox), Chinook (BFA F3 2020 Costa Karalis) and Jon Valentine (BFA F3 2020 Chase Davis) were selected for screening at the (Virtual) Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 6-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com>.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Norwich Film Festival in the UK, November 6-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/<http://www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/>

A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) and White Picket Fence (BFA F3 2020 Summer Schantz) were selected for screening at the Carrboro Film Fest in North Carolina, November 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.carrborofilm.org<http://www.carrborofilm.org>.

Five Minutes (MFA QD2 2020 Pei-Yu Lai), Perfect Selfie (MFA QD2 2020 Di Lu) and Joining the Birds (BFA Thesis 2020 Carrie Carusone) were selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in Los Angeles, November 1-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.cafilmfestival.com.

Aquaphobic (BFA F3 2019 Maria Passafaro) was selected for screening in the ASIFAC’20 online animation festival taking place at the end of the year. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.asifa-south.com/.

La’Diablesse Curse (MFA Thesis 2020 Jared Prima) was selected for screening and nominated for Best Director at the Rollywood International Film Festival in Port of Spain, Trinidad, January 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/ROLLYW00D/.

My Wife is a Chicken (MFA Thesis 2018 Jingjue Li) is a Semi-Finalist in the North American Chinese Directors Short Film Tour, October 15 – December 31. For more information about this tour, go to http://shortfilmtour.org.

Take it Down (BFA F1 2019 Andrew Bourne), Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo), The Book of Ramadani (BFA Documentary 2020 Landon Hogue/Pierce Ryan) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Mount Dora, January 22-24, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com>.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) is a Semi-Finalist in the monthly arm of the Phoenix International Short Film Festival (which takes place in Maple, Ontario, not Arizona), February 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to phoenixshortfestival.com.

A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen) and Stage Fright (BFA F3 2019 Geena Hernandez) were selected for screening at the inaugural Atlanta Student Film Festival, March 18-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlstudentfilmfest.com<http://www.atlstudentfilmfest.com>.

Loc’d Out (MFA D2 2019 Amanda Jean-Mary) was selected for screening at the Women of African Descent Film Festival in Brooklyn, on May 1, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.brooklynartscouncil.org/accounts/posts/view/5591.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen), Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes in May, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.

My Theory on Ghosts (MFA QD2 2020 Eli Barry) was selected for screening at the Southeast Regional Film Festival in Jacksonville, May 28-30, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to ww.serfilmfestival.com/.

Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 22-25 of 2021, because there will be no screening at this year’s Comic-Con at Home edition of the festival. For more information about this event, go to www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org>.