[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 10.8.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 8 17:48:09 EDT 2020

Warner Bros. has tapped Matt Lopez (BFA 93) to write its reboot of "The Father of the Bride" franchise. The property has been adapted twice, in the 1950’s starring Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor and again in the 1990’s with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton. Read at https://deadline.com/2020/09/father-of-the-bride-remake-latinx-family-matt-lopez-writer-1234583161/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2020/09/father-of-the-bride-remake-latinx-family-matt-lopez-writer-1234583161/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAEmM6b4RJ5ZI3g5fGcC6u7sTXYegJtsfMOfR_LsfOkvgZ7C6Knf2_YgApY36eo$>

In the Hollywood Reporter:  Pinewood Atlanta Studios Rebrands as Trilith, Builds Out 235-Acre Neighboring Town

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pinewood-atlanta-studios-rebrands-as-trilith-builds-out-235-acre-neighboring-town?fbclid=IwAR2vt8VfBWMQWyJJjgM9kRQgrx_nHJ2uUH27LJt66AnAjwy7-QQ4GQ8IfBA

From Francisco Cabrera (BFA 20). “Happy to share that I've accepted the job of Script Coordinator & Writer's Assistant on Season 2 of Netflix's Latinx show GENTEFIED (executive produced by America Ferrera.) For my first job after graduation to on one of the few Latinx shows currently on TV is something I never thought I'd get to experience so early. I genuinely feel blessed. I spent years championing representation during my time in school, now I'm excited to do the same on a larger scale and around so many writers of color. I will be joining the writer's room through the development of every script, and continue on set for the duration of production. I want to give a huge thanks to Greg Marks for pushing me to write a pilot script as my Honors Thesis. As well as, FSU alumni Chris Amick who introduced us to a writer's room in his workshop last semester and has mentored me as I step into a career in television. Send my love to the BFA class of 2021 and 2022!”

Aaron Moorhead’s  (BFA  08) The Endless is one of Netflix Top 40 Horror Films:  https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/horror-movies/best-horror-movies-on-netflix-streaming-now-43265/