[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] Warren Report 10/1/20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 1 18:49:49 EDT 2020

‘The Lion King’ Sequel Set With ‘Moonlight’ Director Barry Jenkins (BFA 03)  To Helm For Walt Disney Studios,  Jenkins’ PASTEL partners Adele Romanski (BFA 04) and Mark Ceryak (BFA 03) are expected to come aboard The Lion King follow-up as producers.
Read at https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-lion-king-sequel-barry-jenkins-moonlight-director-disney-1234586787/

Adele Romanski  sat down for an interview with Film London.  https://filmlondon.org.uk/posts/under-the-influence-sorcha-bacon-and-adele-romanksi

From T. Justin Ross (MFA 07) “Just a heads up that Marc Carlini’s SHE’S IN PORTLAND is released today on VOD!  Again, Patrick Alexander, Greg O’Bryant, Steve Acevedo, Gillian Zwick, Kim Rice, and myself, along with countless other Noles who volunteered their time and creativity, helped bring this one to life with Marc, and we couldn’t be more excited to finally get to share it with our FSU Fam!  It’s available to rent on all platforms now, and more info can be found at: www.shesinportland.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.shesinportland.com__;!!PhOWcWs!me1V3bddHDyJbgIOy2hsIn6gFmL37Eobtk9XG__rHtyoXSGzQFYvexOhttfymsk$> & @shesinportlandmovie.”

From Chris Violette (BFA 20). “So excited to share that for a few months now I've been working as a full-time videographer & editor for Above Summit, a small aerial and production studio in Boston. We primarily brand ourselves as an aerial outfit, doing both lighter drone work and full heavy-lift rigs for bigger productions - a few years back the team actually did all the 2nd unit aerials for Knives Out! We're also into local commercials, documentaries, lifestyle, and corporate videos. My recent all-time high was getting to shoot stills of MIT out of an open door helicopter! It's been a total blast, so think I'll stay here in NH and make the commute for a while before whatever's next. Would love to connect with any alums in the Boston area, my email's chris.andrew.violette at gmail.com<mailto:chris.andrew.violette at gmail.com> if anyone needs any side project or weekend help.”

From Jonathan Stone, currently on LOA to produce at Crafty Apes in NY:  “Another FSU alum lands at Crafty Apes - yes, reaching back - William "Billy" Maurer  (BFA ADA 16) has become a freelance Ape!

From Nicole Machon (BFA 15). “Jamie Rice (BFA '15) and I are so excited to share that our most recent short "I Love My Upstairs Neighbor" starring Chelsea Holmes (also an FSU alum) and Megan Stalter will be premiering at the Indie Memphis Film Festival! We had a stellar crew of former classmates (BFA '15) - Laura Conte, Paula Andrea González-Nasser, Chloe Lind, Paul Ramsdell, Anthony Penczner - who helped us bring our thriller-comedy to life. The short will be streaming in the After Dark Shorts block on their website from Oct 21st - 29th. Tickets went on sale today, so make sure to buy one soon before they sell out! Link to tickets: https://watch.eventive.org/indiememphis2020/play/5f6d24ad7fdf2d005585357b/5f64f38a79c73f0076729d5a<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/watch.eventive.org/indiememphis2020/play/5f6d24ad7fdf2d005585357b/5f64f38a79c73f0076729d5a__;!!PhOWcWs!nSIA_ntInrAJJYzLIpyJTpifwWLJ1c0Zoms6kwm-XtIMZhGKlc0r0xq681HWuFc$>

From Laura Johnson (MFA 18)  “A team of FSU Alums are teaming up with some talented individuals we've met in LA to make a timely short film telling a story we're all passionate about. We're reaching out to the most amazing alumni network (you!) for support. Even sharing on social media goes a long way, but if you're in a good spot please visit our GoFundMe page for more information and a place to donate: gf.me/u/yzmd8g<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/gf.me/u/yzmd8g__;!!PhOWcWs!ilY7hzfoRlJDlNkt1URv7idnzAzvzUVXUh1yvDxFAfvBaT_ZU_jG_2yRQ1BadvA$>  Logline: Hannah, a young professional soccer player in denial of her emotional instability, clashes with a new therapist, forcing her to confront her recent rapes to find a sense of justice. The Noles on the Team:  Kaleigh Spencer (Director/MFA 18), Laura Johnson (Producer/MFA 18), Layne Inselman (DP/MFA 17), Zoë DeLeon (PD/MFA 18), Bailey Liu (1st AC/MFA 19), Billy Kalstrom (Script Supervisor/MFA 19)

From Paul Cohen Director of the Torchlight Program:  “I am thrilled with the initial response to Josh Tickell (MFA, ’02) and Rebecca Harrell Tickell’s most recent feature length documentary, “Kiss The Ground” premiering on Netflix this past week. The film continues Josh’s professional pursuit of utilizing his documentary craft to convey messages of striving for a healthier better planet and thereby a better healthier life for us all. I am grateful to have a role as Associate Producer on this project through our Torchlight Cinematheque. The film is available on Netflix and please take a moment to read the illuminating Los Angeles Times review below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-09-25/review-kiss-the-ground-netflix-climate%3f_amp=true

Dave Schmeling, Film School Community Liaison, and writing partner Charles Conaway, FSU Professor Emeritus, have advanced to quarterfinals in the ScreenCraft Stage Play Competition with their work "Cruise of the Elysium", an engaging end-of-life options tale.

From Ulvrik (Wolf) Kraft (BFA 04):  “The videogame I've been working on for the past year is out. I was a staff writer on Netmarble's "BTS Universe Story" - a choose-your-own adventure style videogame. Things seem to be going swimmingly, and players are responding well. I wrote nine stories for the game, including three of the launch-stories: "The Ancient One," "The Dating Game," and "Escape!"

Welcome to Dariush Kashani who is an Iranian-American actor, born in Tehran and raised in London and the United States.  Dariush has joined the Film School and School of Theatre to teach Acting for the Camera. He gained critical acclaim for his role as Hassan Asfour in the 2017 Tony Award winning production of the Broadway play Oslo and also earned an Obie award along with the company of Oslo for his work in the Off Broadway production at Lincoln Center.  Kashani then appeared in the 2018 Broadway musical The Band’s Visit, replacing Tony Shalhoub in the lead role, which won in 10 categories at the the 72nd Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Other stage notable stage credits: The Invisible Hand at New York Theatre Workshop, Tony Kushner’s Homebody/Kabul at the Brooklyn Academy of Music and East is East at Manhattan Theatre Club. Kashani’s screen credits include Eagle Eye, High Maintenance, The Code, Dietland, Madam Secretary, Ghost Whisperer, 24, Lost, CSI, Without a Trace and Law & Order.

From Bento Box in Atlanta:   “We are hiring for many positions (animation, design, production staff, etc.) at our Atlanta and Los Angeles locations.  Here is the link to our website where people may apply: https://www.bentoboxent.com/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.bentoboxent.com/__;!!PhOWcWs!g82NFXu7cu19gPiaQhjitYZQdBZlRVsuhq8SvzO1ZnLvTfSNlzqlgH_0MQymR8ts$>

From Alex Digiacomo (BFA 13) “Hey everyone! The company I work for is growing so much that we need to outsource video editing. We do Virtual Web Conferences, so its like very boring podcasts. American Health Lawyers? Association of Welders? PTA? Association of Associations? Does anyone want to do some very simple remote work? No-thrills live multicam editing from raw Zoom Recordings, directed by moi. There is an instructional video I have prepared. For the time being, it's freelance at $15 Canadian per hour, as of now $11 per hour in USD. It's not great pay, but I figured that during these times there would be people  Just log it on Clockify, edit the raw recording into the standard templates I provide, just send me the Premiere project file, and you have done your part, I do all the name inputs and stuff like that.  Contact me at  alex.foner at matchboxvirtual.com<mailto:alex.foner at matchboxvirtual.com>”

I’ve traveled, at least a little bit, first time since March!  A friend and I spent 5 days at Amelia Island, walking many miles every day on that beautiful beach, having dinner every night at fine restaurants which were still social distancing despite the Governor’s OK to open wide.  The sunrises/sunsets were amazing.  Really was a spectacular little getaway!

From Andrew Sydwe:  “To celebrate the greatest of all holidays, please join us in a countdown to Halloween with 31 Nights of Horror from the FSUℲILM crypt.Every night of October at 8pm ET on YouTube, we’ll be screening one of our best horror shorts from the past thirty years. The terror begins with…

October 1: TeppanDead
Hiro Watanabe has the soul of a Samurai warrior, but he was born 500 years too late. He tries to make do as a Teppanyaki chef, but his dreams are routinely crushed by Dean, a snarky busboy... that is, until the walking dead invade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQWNgH5R7A&list=PLZK-ES5TKGTHm4uXzZbyZH6yl21OZ8_B7&index=28
October 2: Lamia
When Damien, an artist strangely unsettled by his surroundings, begins to paint a mysterious lady, he learns that sometimes remembrance is worse than oblivion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdoYkWISkgQ&list=PLZK-ES5TKGTHm4uXzZbyZH6yl21OZ8_B7&index=4&t=1018s
October 3: Swallowed
A slightly overweight high school cheerleader devours a tapeworm, thus stepping over her anorexic rivals to claim her spot on top of the cheerleading pyramid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_wDj9xo70&list=PLZK-ES5TKGTHm4uXzZbyZH6yl21OZ8_B7&index=21
October 4: The Dollhouse
A filmmaker who grew up with the Chucky doll seeks out the other families surrounding the franchise to get their perspective on life with Chucky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZD-Eaq7MDY&list=PLZK-ES5TKGTGfddGpVHiqrv2zE9HCtLcu&index=7
October 5: The Wednesday Sessions:
A mockumentary about  a weekly  support  group  for monsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOJJX32lK2w
October 6: Wan Mei
When a man realizes his girlfriend has been unfaithful to him, he resorts to revenge... and the love of a mannequin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJcrQy8C10&list=PLZK-ES5TKGTHm4uXzZbyZH6yl21OZ8_B7&index=33
October 7: Dead Man’s After Party
The morning after a wild party, a vampire wakes up in a werewolf's house. She'll have to help clean if she wants to stay alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAN7O-g-JiU
October 8: The Virgin Herod
Herod has an obsessive crush on Miriam. Then she accidentally invites him to a party. On the way, Herod's anxiety incites the gradual and excessive breakdown of his body and mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0xsyVZEudM
October 9: Pandemonium
As a catastrophic epidemic devastates the world, John Sage fights to save his daughter from the mysterious virus that has recently consumed his wife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22W8WBcfRbo
October 10: Creatures of the Night
A deadbeat vampire discovers there’s more to life than being undead when she manipulates an estranged friend into giving her a place to stay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-WhG5HQ2yY
October 11: What’s Left Behind
What started as an innocent camping trip takes a devastating turn when a man must sacrifice himself for the safety of his only child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiJajHTd38k
October 12: Deadmeat
Locked in their high school at night, a misfit group of teenagers find themselves chased by a crazed killer. They’ll have to chop-chop or be chop-chopped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5lp-kfqTTo
October 13: Daughter
You just woke up from an unspeakable nightmare. How does it feel? Relief? How would you feel if when you woke, the nightmare had just begun?
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNpzbdtqC4s&t=11s
October 14: Friday the 14th
When a closeted nerd shows up to a psychotic girl's Valentine's day party, he's trapped as the only guest for a night of heart attacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adU9nMzd8ac
October 15: Meat
Dan, a new vegan, has to figure out how to patch his relationship with his non-vegetarian boyfriend, who is a new zombie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBb8GvnYhAc
October 16: Waking Eloise
A hopeless romantic uses Voodoo magic to wake his girlfriend from the dead, only to find their love has decayed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BmeVO1W2o0&t=10sOctober 17: Rigor Mortis
A bereft David regrets pushing his conjoined twin, Kane, into a separation surgery. Now, Kane haunts David as the guilt eats him alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXX8V03tCI
October 18: Harvest Moon
A couple on the brink of divorce struggles to rekindle their relationship during a burglary. Oh, and they're vampires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKUKUMEfQQ
October 19: With Your Crooked Heart
An empty house, an alienated daughter, an unseen presence watching. Two parents find themselves alone together as their marriage crumbles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlDaXzycVY
October 20: AV Club
As a high-school A.V. club faces the absurdity of egomania, tensions flare between the director and main actress, and the director fatally reprimands the crew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08SLVfBZUMg
October 21: Knock Knock
Sinia experiences a chilling revelation when her concern for the safety of the kids next door begins to haunt her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjHz3iupqQo
October 22: The Cleanse
The Queer Clique loves fresh meat. Newbie Kayden must complete the sacred initiation: The Cleanse. No food. No sex. Just juice. Let the cravings begin...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvie5EBXur0
October 23: Inked
Lilly and Cece are best friends. When matching tattoos and mysterious ink jeopardize their friendship, they have to face the good, bad, and the undead to save themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_upw8pkwirU
October 24: The Winter
When her husband is dragged into the darkness, a woman must survive the elements of frontier Kansas alone, with something evil is waiting outside her door.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqEjbIuJFkY
October 25: Till Death
Two lonely klutzes fall into friendship in the most improbable place. Oh and some exciting news: one of them’s dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3ecmI6-dk
October 26: Prombies!
A young high school couple deals with issues of sex and zombies at the prom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkywEyKx2Kc
October 27: Death Has a Son
Death gets more than he bargained for when a woman trades sex for her life. Now he’s spending a day with the son he never wanted. Things are looking grim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6WlXrzVTw8
October 28: 3am
While working at the crematorium, Myron steals a kiss and more from a beautiful young body. That was that. Nobody got hurt. Unfortunately for Myron, she does not feel the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZd-GoGl5Hk
October 29: Zeke
Joe is your ordinary pet owner. It's his cat Zeke that's extraordinary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQSm5BPsd8
October 30: Killer Kart
The shopping cart. Four wheels, one basket, and tonight, for the closing crew of a small-town grocery store, a blood-splattered aluminum nightmare!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiV6pe6DdYs&t=12s
October 31: Kirksdale
In the deep south of 1960's Florida, a new arrival to Kirksdale Hospital experiences the horrific ways the institution relieves the pain of its patients.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ9chhuWXTU&t=35s

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – October 1, 2020

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas) was awarded Best Student Film College at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg, Florida, September 24-27. For more information about this festival, go to https://sunscreenfilmfestival.com/.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas) won the Audience Award at the San Diego Latino Film Festival on September 20. For more information about this festival, go to www.sdlatinofilm.com<http://www.sdlatinofilm.com>.

Loc’d Out (MFA D2 2019 Amanda Jean-Mary) was selected for screening at the Women of African Descent Film Festival in Brooklyn, on May 1, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.brooklynartscouncil.org/accounts/posts/view/5591.

Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Sunscreen Film Festival West in Gardena, California on October 22. For more information about this festival, go to ssffwest.com.

Howl (BFA F1 2019 Sierra Little) was selected for screening at the Atlanta Film Festival last week (she found out the day before). For more information about this festival, go to atlantafilmfestival.com.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) is a Semi-Finalist in the monthly arm of the Phoenix International Short Film Festival (which takes place in Maple, Ontario, not Arizona), February 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to phoenixshortfestival.com.

The Reason Caroline Hates Eggs (MFA QD2 Brook Lee) was selected for the October edition of the Miami Independent Film Festival. For more information about this festival, go to miamindiefest.com.

A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen) was selected for screening at the inaugural Atlanta Student Film Festival, March 18-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlstudentfilmfest.com.

The Hag (BFA Documentary 2020 Jay Ellis) was selected for screening in the October edition of Frightfest in London. For more information about this festival, go to www.frightfest.co.uk/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at Reeling: the Chicago LGBTQ+ International Film Festival, September 24 – October 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.reelingfilmfestival.org<http://www.reelingfilmfestival.org>.

Imani’s Skin (BFA Thesis 2019 Jessica Kirby) was selected for screening at the Global Peace Film Festival in Orlando, September 29 – October 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.peacefilmfest.org<http://www.peacefilmfest.org>.

The Book of Ramadani (BFA Documentary 2020 Landon Hogue/Pierce Ryan) and The Hag (BFA Documentary 2020 Jay Ellis) are Official Selections of the Central Florida Cinefest, to be held on September 30th. For more information about this festival, go to www.facebook.com/centralfloridacinefest<http://www.facebook.com/centralfloridacinefest>.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the Fort Worth Indie Film Showcase, October 8-10, and nominated in five categories, including Domestic Awareness and Every Woman. For more information about this festival, go to www.fwindie.com/<http://www.fwindie.com/>.

Tension on Aisle Three (BFA F1 2019 Megan Baer) was selected for screening at the inaugural Atlanta Women’s Film Festival on October 11. For more information about this festival, go to https://cinemalife.org/atlantawomensfilmfestival/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at the Tampa Bay International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, October 2-18. For more information about this festival, go to https://tiglff.com.

Him. (BFA F1 2019 Rose Hoover) was selected for screening at the Sick ‘n’ Wrong Film Festival in Orlando, at a date to be determined. For more information about this festival, go to www.sick-n-wrong.com<http://www.sick-n-wrong.com>.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the Fort Worth Indie Film Showcase, October 8-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.fwindie.com/<http://www.fwindie.com/>.

The Birthright (MFA D2 2019 Breyionna Flowers) was selected for screening at the Urban Mediamakers Film Festival in Lilburn, Georgia on October 12. For more information about this festival, go to www.umff.com<http://www.umff.com>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas) was selected for screening at the SENE Film, Music and Arts Festival in Providence, Rhode Island, October 13-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.senefest.com.

The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo) was selected for screening at the Seattle Latino Film Festival, October 9-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.slff.org<http://www.slff.org>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas Dir/Shuaihua Liu,DP) is a finalist in the inaugural Los Angeles Cinematography Awards to be held October 23rd. For more information about this competition, go to http://losangeles.cawards.org/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Life in the Between (BFA Thesis 2020 Siara-Lauren Brown), Five Minutes (MFA QD2 2020 Pei-Yu Lai), Under the Veil (MFA Thesis 2020 Alex Argiles (dr)/Cole Smith (wr)) and If You’re Out There (MFA QD2 2020 Alex Thiel) were selected for screening at the inaugural Middlesex Film Festival (founded by our own Lucas Muratore, MFA 20) to be live-streamed on October 24. For more information about this festival go to middlesexfilmfestival.com.

For the Woman on the Floor (BFA Thesis 2018 Livia Ohihoin/Caro Beguiristain) was selected for screening at Women X: A Rianne Pictures Event in Parkgate, England, October 24-25. It is nominated for Best Drama, Best Director, Best Writing and Best Performance. For more information about this festival, go to https://riannepictures.com/womenx.

Life in the Between (BFA Thesis 2020 Siara-Lauren Brown), Joining the Birds (BFA Thesis 2020 Carrie Carusone) and All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) were selected for screening at the National Film Festival for Talented Youth (NFFTY) in Seattle, October 23 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to nffty.org.

Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) was selected for screening at Peachtree Village International Film Festival in Atlanta, October 29 – November 1. For more information about this festival, go to www.pviffatl.com/.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the SCAD Savannah Film Festival, October 24-31. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfest.scad.edu/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) was selected for screening at the Liverpool Film Festival in the UK, October 25-27 (and if you know Will and his obsession with the British Invasion of the 60s-70s, you’ll understand how exciting this is). For more information about this festival, go to www.lififf.com<http://www.lififf.com>.

The Marble Table (MFA QD2 2020 Ayana Jones) and Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) were selected for screening at the Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center’s African American Film Marketplace and S.E. Manly Short Film Showcase, October 23 – November 8. For more information about this festival, go to www.bherc.org<http://www.bherc.org>.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber), Wing It (BFA Thesis 2020 Jillian Lucia/Brendan Arena), Love Therapy (MFA D1 2019 Di Lu), Irreplaceable: Stories of Katrina (BFA Documentary 2020 Bretton Miller), Quarantined (BFA Documentary 2020 Aidan Baker/Perry Cox), Chinook (BFA F3 2020 Costa Karalis) and Jon Valentine (BFA F3 2020 Chase Davis) were selected for screening at the (Virtual) Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 6-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com>.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Norwich Film Festival in the UK, November 6-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/<http://www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/>

Aquaphobic (BFA F3 2019 Maria Passafaro) was selected for screening in the ASIFAC’20 online animation festival taking place at the end of the year. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.asifa-south.com/.

Take it Down (BFA F1 2019 Andrew Bourne), Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo), The Book of Ramadani (BFA Documentary 2020 Landon Hogue/Pierce Ryan) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Mount Dora, January 22-24, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com.

Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 22-25 of 2021, because there will be no screening at this year’s Comic-Con at Home edition of the festival. For more information about this event, go to www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org>.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen), Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes in May, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.

My Theory on Ghosts (MFA QD2 2020 Eli Barry) was selected for screening at the Southeast Regional Film Festival in Jacksonville, May 28-30, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to ww.serfilmfestival.com/.