[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] FW: [Warren Report] Warren Report 11.12.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Nov 12 17:26:06 EST 2020

From John D’Arco (MFA 05). “Welcome to TrollsTopia! Picking up where Trolls: World Tour left off, TrollsTopia is an exciting, new Troll city with delegates from the Country Western, Classical, Funk, Techno and Hard Rock tribes! Join Poppy on her journey as she works to promote friendship and harmony in the all new animated series, DreamWorks Trolls: TrollsTopia! Coming to Hulu<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/hulu/?__cft__*5b0*5d=AZUznkSbh56V5bgtMR6XMR0Fq62i4ObA99xGVVxsJBI1jtECX1jleWqU5ZkzcbWaotMjMyTJDEd738VuNU3wBM2Nm8PJwxiDpqmEc-MdjB1s3clAwgQJ5pPOMA-bz74bPXxyD2z5-STVB51pqJSRV4wSDIc_FksbKNYwx53ghIxoFT1tdNmqHyCnc2DCE2__14dck30oSXhEKnGItTVG8aDX&__tn__=kK-y-R__;JSU!!PhOWcWs!h7BwNSRpdmc-s4XJDsjKzQsV2gBXlNawd3LRRZEKBx125tr_ZjIP9455jUnor6s$> and Peacock TV<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/PeacockTV/?__cft__*5b0*5d=AZUznkSbh56V5bgtMR6XMR0Fq62i4ObA99xGVVxsJBI1jtECX1jleWqU5ZkzcbWaotMjMyTJDEd738VuNU3wBM2Nm8PJwxiDpqmEc-MdjB1s3clAwgQJ5pPOMA-bz74bPXxyD2z5-STVB51pqJSRV4wSDIc_FksbKNYwx53ghIxoFT1tdNmqHyCnc2DCE2__14dck30oSXhEKnGItTVG8aDX&__tn__=kK-y-R__;JSU!!PhOWcWs!h7BwNSRpdmc-s4XJDsjKzQsV2gBXlNawd3LRRZEKBx125tr_ZjIP9455AZUdoVw$>, November 19th.   I’m a writer on the show and Matt Beans (MFA 05) is executive producer.”
From Christine Grund (MFA 02) “Check Out My New Series - The Pack! This is one of the most amazing and rewarding shows I have ever worked on!!! A True Gift & Blessing To Be Part Of - I was the Supervising Producer working closely with the series host, Lindsey Vonn. Dog Lovers Watch... The Pack - November 20, 2020 - on Amazon Prime Video!!!
Series Trailer: https://youtu.be/VcKsIuQ23Xg<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/youtu.be/VcKsIuQ23Xg__;!!PhOWcWs!iIEYFme8iGMsBMmsx6MKE3arSCCluOMvu2IbcJyRiHRkunYMyAHkniKywiZ0Wro$> The Pack, is a new global unscripted series that celebrates the unrivaled bond between dogs and their human companions. Hosted by Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn and her canine co-host Lucy, the series features twelve teams of dogs and their humans on an epic adventure across multiple continents. The Amazon Original series The Pack will premiere November 20th on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories.
At stake is a life-changing $750,000 for the winning duo and their charity, $500,000 to the winners plus an additional $250,000 prize amount for the animal charity of their choice. Additionally, The Pack donated $250,000 during filming to multiple charities and animal rescue organizations in each country, helping to pay it forward to dogs and those who love them around the world. To win the monetary prize for themselves and their charity, the teams will have to depend on their understanding of one another’s strengths and weaknesses and prove to have the strongest bond in the pack. In each locale, the human and dog duos will face fun and exciting challenges, designed in concert with a team of accredited veterinarians and certified dog experts that also accompany the group on their exciting journey, making sure it is a positive experience for everyone.”

From Lizzie Perrin (MFA Writing 19) “I wanted to tell you that I am in the Top 10 Finalists for the ScreenCraft Virtual Pitch Competition! Next Wednesday, at 5pm PT/ 8pm ET, I will be pitching live in front of a panel of judges including Eric Heisserer, Wendy Calhoun, Amy Retzinger, and Marc Manus. Wish me luck! https://screencraft.org/2020/11/09/2020-screencraft-virtual-pitch-finalists/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/screencraft.org/2020/11/09/2020-screencraft-virtual-pitch-finalists/__;!!PhOWcWs!l4_au8hjQiVI0kEYixHgoXCVlf1Gqai8WBD8vCKeebz6vBoghgA_lTgTxKxNoVk$>

From Sean Kennelly (BFA 94) “Just wanted to let you know about the launch of my new YouTube channel, Uncle Sean Reads, a platform for me to read my upcoming novels. First up is my YA holiday-themed fantasy - “Nicholas the Bringer” which premiered on Nov. 6th with 2-3 episodes each week from now until Christmas.  Check it out at: https://youtu.be/mZKo9PFql_8<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/youtu.be/mZKo9PFql_8__;!!PhOWcWs!hdtUGnp5Pp9wmJa9aYPUNEqIpkJbzwerPyZ8CDXwSnWEuBLcFyNK1M5GLxLgYEzyq1k$>  and please share it with everyone you know!  We want this to be a story that excites the imagination and brings hope into every life on the planet!!”

Jake Huberman (MFA 06) is teaching editing at EEI Creative Arts.

From Dan Ast (BFA 05) “I've done my best to make the most of a bizarre year and I have a flurry of fun news.
- My action horror feature screenplay "The Hitchhiker" won Best Screenplay at Nightmares Film Festival! It placed as a Semifinalist in the Academy Nicholl Fellowships for Screenwriting, the same in The Script Lab Free Screenwriting Contest, and as a Quarterfinalist in the PAGE Awards. Next steps are to attach talent and a production company with an aim for me to direct.
- My pilot "Terminal" placed as a Winner in Script Summit, a Semifinalist in the PAGE Awards, and a Quarterfinalist in Scriptapalooza. It is currently a Quarterfinalist in the Screencraft TV Pilot Competition and is on Coverfly's Red List of top 20 Sci-fi Television (One-hour) Pilots of the year.
- Our horror feature screenplay "Bloody Mary" co-written by myself and John Thursby (BFA 2003) won Best Feature Horror Screenplay at Screamfest 2020!
- My horror feature screenplay "The Barrel Field" which is a spin-off of my series "L.A. Macabre" is currently a Second Rounder in the LaunchPad Features Competition.
- I'm awaiting the release of my digital mystery thriller series "L.A. Macabre" on platforms in the next few months and I'm excited to check back and let everyone know where they can find it.
Hoping to find an agent soon and funding for various projects. Fingers crossed for more progress soon!”

From Alex Fry (MFA 19) “I'm thrilled to be working on the Advance Team (thanks, COVID...) for Tough as Nails, S2.”

From Alicia Dean (MFA 08) “I am working on NCIS : New Orleans Season 7 as the 2nd 2nd AD Coordinating Covid Testing for the show. It's a whole new world but I'm very thankful/happy to be back at work!”

From Zac Sieffert (MFA 02) “Well, it's been an interesting pandemic here in New Orleans. I was the C camera operator for the TNT series Claws when the shutdown hit March 13th. Six months later, and a stint as a federal Census door knocker (always fun to walk around New Orleans in the August heat and humidity), we restarted production in September. Warner Bros. testing protocols were solid with Zone A crew testing 3-times/week, and mandatory PPE provided. It was going well, and we were all adapting to the new requirements of shooting in this time; limited personnel on set, working with masks and face shields, not congregating around the carts. Until last week. The nightmare scenario happened with the A camera op testing positive. That has effectively shut production down for 2 weeks, and I'm in quarantine as the contact tracing correctly placed me and pretty much the whole camera department, actors and AD staff within the close contact radius of the A operator during the "hot" time period. Since the notice I've been tested 3 times, and all negative.  As the testing during quarantine proceeds, the A operator and the rest of the crew have tested negative several times, leading all of us to believe that he suffered a false-positive. Even with all the testing, quarantine procedures are in place and being followed. We start back to work on Monday.
This isn't supposed to be a downer story, but rather one which shows the safety system works.  Stay safe out there, keep socially distancing, and hopefully we won't have a major shutdown even as this virus rages on.”
From Jacqueline Xerri (19 ): “Stephen Musumeci (BFA 19) <https://www.facebook.com/stephen.musumeci.7?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZUm1Tw8nET-Qsiwq6bGh51ifXaQFvGaCp9yQWvQcJ3KoWJtbywDG85TK4_yIOEdqSS8sGuvNoMorQG4j6bJw4nvHk8YeA4O7354WqSHwKTngEHq_dawuzDQ3IGnHsLQRFs&__tn__=-%5dK-R>
and I made a short, observational documentary this past weekend about the Biden/Harris election celebrations in New York. One thing's for sure, NYC is certainly not dead.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYD_Ve7KnLI&fbclid=IwAR1c8aBHj7Xo8LlDbwoLKDU2DLInF3PfH8L_3ziib6JlHJJW7rKBiwcvZAA

My name is Shoshana Madmoni-Gerber, Associate Professor, at the Communication, Journalism, and Media Department at Suffolk University, Boston. I am reaching out to let you know that we have a job opening in Documentary Production (Tenure track or renewable non-tenure track). I am hoping you can promote it among your students and alumni. The job ad can be found here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/jobs.jobvite.com/suffolkuniversity/job/oAhNdfwB__;!!PhOWcWs!hQRVDudjv8a4oST4E2RDLUKEcbnLp7MLjorSLgdvyddIxpVmjZZ4Swv9MWhrrQ$>.

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – November 12, 2020

Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) was awarded the Jury Prize for Best Student Documentary at a special virtual screening of the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase, which is scheduled to take place officially at Cannes in May, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.
Wing It (BFA Thesis 2020 Jillian Lucia/Brendan Arena) and Quarantined (BFA Documentary 2020 Aidan Baker) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival, December 3-6. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org.

Quarantined (BFA Documentary 2020 Aidan Baker) was selected for screening at the Battle of Film Schools film festival in New York City, March 19-21. For more information about this festival, go to https://filmfreeway.com/BattleofFilmSchoolsNYC.

Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) was selected for screening at the Another Hole in the Head film festival in San Francisco, December 11-27. For more information about this festival, go to www.sfindie.com<http://www.sfindie.com>.

The Rope Warrior (BFA Documentary 2020 Andrew Bourne/Daniel Feldman) was selected for screening at the Chicago International Reel Shorts Film Festival, dates to be announced. For more information about this festival, go to www.projectchicago.com<http://www.projectchicago.com>.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead) was awarded Best Student Short Film at the L-Dub Film Festival in Lake Worth, Florida, November 9-11. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.lakeworthplayhouse.org/welcome/ldub/.

All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) and Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber) were selected for screening at the Key West Film Festival, November 18-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.kwfilmfest.com<http://www.kwfilmfest.com>.
The Marble Table (MFA QD2 2020 Ayana Jones) and Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) were selected for screening at the Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center’s African American Film Marketplace and S.E. Manly Short Film Showcase, October 23 – November 8. For more information about this festival, go to www.bherc.org<http://www.bherc.org>.
Elephants Purr Like Cats Do (MFA Thesis 2018 Kaleigh Spencer DR/Laura Johnson PR) was selected for screening at the Asian Film Festival in Hollywood, November 1-14. For more information about this festival, go to https://asianfilmfestival.us/.
Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) was selected for screening at the Rome International Film Festival in Georgia, November 12-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.romeinternationalfilmfestival.com.
My Theory on Ghosts (MFA QD2 2020 Eli Barry) was selected for screening at the Wheaton Film Festival in Maryland, November 14-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.wheatonfilmfestival.com.
All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead), Dad Jokes (BFA Thesis 2020 Evan Barber), Wing It (BFA Thesis 2020 Jillian Lucia/Brendan Arena), Love Therapy (MFA D1 2019 Di Lu), Irreplaceable: Stories of Katrina (BFA Documentary 2020 Bretton Miller), Quarantined (BFA Documentary 2020 Aidan Baker/Perry Cox), Chinook (BFA F3 2020 Costa Karalis) and Jon Valentine (BFA F3 2020 Chase Davis) were selected for screening at the (Virtual) Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, November 6-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.fliff.com<http://www.fliff.com>.
A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Norwich Film Festival in the UK, November 6-15. For more information about this festival, go to www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/<http://www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk/>
A Righteous Man (BFA Thesis 2020 Zach Freeman) and White Picket Fence (BFA F3 2020 Summer Schantz) were selected for screening at the Carrboro Film Fest in North Carolina, November 20-22. For more information about this festival, go to www.carrborofilm.org<http://www.carrborofilm.org>.
Five Minutes (MFA QD2 2020 Pei-Yu Lai), Perfect Selfie (MFA QD2 2020 Di Lu) and Joining the Birds (BFA Thesis 2020 Carrie Carusone) were selected for screening at the Chinese American Film Festival in Los Angeles, November 1-30. For more information about this festival, go to www.cafilmfestival.com.
Aquaphobic (BFA F3 2019 Maria Passafaro) was selected for screening in the ASIFAC’20 online animation festival taking place at the end of the year. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.asifa-south.com/.
Chinook (BFA F3 2020 Costa Karalis), Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez) and All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) were selected for screening at the Tampa Bay Underground Film Festival, December 3-6. For more information about this festival, go to http://tbuff.org.
Joining the Birds (BFA Thesis 2020 Carrie Carusone) was selected for screening at Female Voices Rock Film Festival in New York, December 4-10. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.femalevoicesrock.com/.
All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at 15 Minutes of Fame, which will be online, December 2 – January 2. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.etheridgeproductions.com/.
La’Diablesse Curse (MFA Thesis 2020 Jared Prima) was selected for screening and nominated for Best Director at the Rollywood International Film Festival in Port of Spain, Trinidad, January 21-24. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.facebook.com/ROLLYW00D/.
My Wife is a Chicken (MFA Thesis 2018 Jingjue Li) is a Semi-Finalist in the North American Chinese Directors Short Film Tour, October 15 – December 31. For more information about this tour, go to http://shortfilmtour.org.
Take it Down (BFA F1 2019 Andrew Bourne), Pine Mountain Overnight (BFA Thesis 2020 Geena Hernandez), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo), The Book of Ramadani (BFA Documentary 2020 Landon Hogue/Pierce Ryan) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Mount Dora, January 22-24, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com<http://www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com>.
All the Young Dudes (BFA Thesis 2020 Will Stead) is a Semi-Finalist in the monthly arm of the Phoenix International Short Film Festival (which takes place in Maple, Ontario, not Arizona), February 27-28. For more information about this festival, go to phoenixshortfestival.com.
A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen) and Stage Fright (BFA F3 2019 Geena Hernandez) were selected for screening at the inaugural Atlanta Student Film Festival, March 18-20. For more information about this festival, go to www.atlstudentfilmfest.com<http://www.atlstudentfilmfest.com>.
Loc’d Out (MFA D2 2019 Amanda Jean-Mary) was selected for screening at the Women of African Descent Film Festival in Brooklyn, on May 1, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.brooklynartscouncil.org/accounts/posts/view/5591.
The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen), Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes in May, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.
My Theory on Ghosts (MFA QD2 2020 Eli Barry) was selected for screening at the Southeast Regional Film Festival in Jacksonville, May 28-30, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to ww.serfilmfestival.com/.
Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival in San Diego, July 22-25 of 2021, because there will be no screening at this year’s Comic-Con at Home edition of the festival. For more information about this event, go to www.comic-con.org<http://www.comic-con.org>.