[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] FW: [Warren Report] Warren Report 2.27.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:13:28 EST 2020

From: WarrenReport <warrenreport-bounces at lists.fsu.edu> on behalf of WarrenReport <warrenreport at lists.fsu.edu>
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:09 PM
To: WarrenReport <warrenreport at lists.fsu.edu>
Subject: [Warren Report] Warren Report 2.27.20

From Craig Kief (BFA 99) “I just wrapped my 5th TV show as director of photography. This season I shot The Unicorn for CBS, which at the end completed my 88th episode of television, which seems crazy. Up next is a pilot I’m very excited about because it’s a western, and I get to reteam with my favorite producer Kris Eber (BFA ‘99).  On the side, I’ve also been working for the last two years as a consultant for ETC Lighting, helping them to develop a new LED panel light - which is their first ever product designed specifically for film and TV. The primary goal of the lamp is to make the best full spectrum light possible from a LED source, which I’m happy to say they’ve done. It makes better white light than any other LED fixture, and it also generates far more colors than any other fixture on the market because it has an enormous color gamut. You can see and read more here: https://studio.etcconnect.com/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/studio.etcconnect.com/__;!!PhOWcWs!nqZz0dhUDt2_iRZeOWTTR9OfD_CuOQj2QLT6ViwVFYUDwb3ztzrKHfLXiYcijcobFWKDB60$>”

“EXCLUSIVE….Developing…We’re hearing that Paramount Players<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/tag/paramount-players/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAVcpGLStsD2X6BzsXUKpuBSVXl5z7LavwA_N186fA5zv90Q_LKVqHLMfo29KL0$> creative executives Matt Dines<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/tag/matt-dines/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAVcpGLStsD2X6BzsXUKpuBSVXl5z7LavwA_N186fA5zv90Q_LKVqHLMD1_OuyM$> and Ali Bell<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/tag/ali-bell/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAVcpGLStsD2X6BzsXUKpuBSVXl5z7LavwA_N186fA5zv90Q_LKVqHLMICbe5lM$> (BFA 99) are departing the label that they arrived to in late August 2017<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2017/08/paramount-players-ali-bell-matt-dines-brian-robbins-1202157299/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAVcpGLStsD2X6BzsXUKpuBSVXl5z7LavwA_N186fA5zv90Q_LKVqHLMJvmZxVE$>. While these two key execs are leaving, the Paramount Players will remain in operation under the oversight of Paramount Motion Pictures Group president Wyck Godfrey.   Word is that Dines is heading to Jonah Hill<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/tag/jonah-hill/__;!!PhOWcWs!nAVcpGLStsD2X6BzsXUKpuBSVXl5z7LavwA_N186fA5zv90Q_LKVqHLMCErcRHM$>’s production company and will become a producing partner there. Hill recently produced Richard Jewell; executive produced and starred in the Netflix limited series Maniac; and directed, wrote and produced the 2018 A24 movie Mid90s. At the same time, I understand Bell is heading to Andy Samberg’s label Party Over Here.”  I confirmed this with Ali and she says:  “I start my new job on Monday! I am going to Party Over Here, aka, The Lonely Island to work with Jorma Taccone, Akiva Schaffer, & Andy Samberg.”