[Film-bfad2] [Film-bfad] [Film-Students] Warren Report 4.24.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-bfad film-bfad at lists.fsu.edu
Fri Apr 24 07:16:33 EDT 2020

Reb is on the front page of the annual Variety article about the top film programs!
https://variety.com/2020/biz/spotlight/entertainment-education-impact-report-film-schools-globe-1234580557/

From Sara Karimipour (MFA 18) “I started working at Disney Television Animation as an Apprentice Writer on Monday from a Work from Home capacity. It’s been a little strange to start a new job with totally new people in a virtual capacity, but it’s truly been such a wonderful experience.  I was interviewing around right before this pandemic hit, so I’ll have to say, I’m very lucky and fortunate to have had good timing.  My previous show wrapped on the day the Stay at Home Order was announced in LA, and I was offered this opportunity shortly after.”

From Raymond Knudsen (BFA 19). “During the summer and fall of 2019, I was a Field Producer and Camera Operator for the upcoming online series “4th and Forever: Muck City.” The show is launching May 14th on CuriosityStream.  Read more about it on Deadline:
https://deadline.com/2020/04/curiosity-stream-4th-and-forever-muck-city-football-1202911654/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/deadline.com/2020/04/curiosity-stream-4th-and-forever-muck-city-football-1202911654/__;!!PhOWcWs!lBKp59Symg0jsBhc_YThNkWa9N-YXzyEvdLFfq7nfc70gKKueouuhJO4GbiuAfw$>

From Mike Culyba (MFA 98) “The Netflix documentary series "The Innocence Files" dropped yesterday. I edited Episode 4, "The Witness: The Murder of Donald Sarpy." I'm proud to have been a part of the this series and I hope you can find the  time to watch. “

From Melissa Aouate (BFA 04) “Season six of @boschamazon dropped on @amazonprimevideo just in time for your quarantine’ing pleasure! Enjoy! And, congrats team.”

Congratulations to Lizzie Perrin (MFA Writing 19) who is currently a writer’s assistant at Adult Swim!

B-movie legend Roger Corman wants to see your quarantine film, Calling all idle Hollywood creative types and wannabe filmmakers. Roger Corman, 94, challenges you to make a short film for his Quarantine Film Festival.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2020-04-15/la-et-mn-roger-corman-coronavirus-film-festival

From Paige Schexnayder (BFA ADA 18) “I’m currently working as a QA tester for Panic Button. It’s a video game studio that’s based in Austin.”

From Nikki Groton (BFA 11) “I think it's finally sinking in that NEXT WEEK is the virtual premiere for our film that has been years in the making. It isn't exactly the in-person gathering that we were expecting, but you can bet that I'll still be wearing that power suit I bought for the premiere [cid:image001.png at 01D61A08.48956860]  I'll post more info on tickets, etc as soon as I have it. Would love for you to virtually join me in viewing Darkness in Tenement 45. Please join us NEXT WEEK for our film's VIRTUAL world premiere at the Sarasota Film Festival.  This means that anyone will be able to stream the film from the comfort of their own home from Mon 4/27 - Sun 5/3! Tickets on sale soon
https://www.moviemaker.com/sarasota-film-festival/<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.moviemaker.com%2Fsarasota-film-festival%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR33N0XP3sMfuhl7f9OlxjiD4zHgJGFLRIInTeteDQDUdNpXjhxrUv_hKwQ&h=AT3xBjEeFNIWxqjcQAb4KkvgJTmCGFAWOo_t7cLJWQTfm4NB6ItqfEUlE15lZYKXAr11mJnGNqwuNuRIcs56JPbNntkoaGxxzL6Xwa-cwSqF9aOJCLaxoO6vDblqCMBSUMYCPJ6cE9THHBYO-op-tIg&__tn__=-UK-y-R&c%5B0%5D=AT0B7jbSj5lxI0fLHFa2l9TMrasYFmb01DDolNQC070Qkmgh3QrzyLxcxCcmjVNUP402ZgVKMO2WF3W1esQT8Yy_zXP2svc3V6a_gZlNBXWe4wKQdtApc49HPiWM5HsFknkULtA6VXG5rEf08HtxfbkpDpxqimPwh4lO6hw7oGR_ID0BRsdSeii0_Ichh9P40TfeHrI8DfT54HIQxtNx>

From Neil Butler (BFA 95) Hey internet! Our short film is a semi-finalist in this festival which kicks off tomorrow and goes through the end of the month. The Colorado Intl. Cannabis & Hemp Film Festival converted to an online event this year when they realized they weren't a bowling alley in Georgia.  Not totally sure how the interface works yet but I'll let you know as it gets rolling. Pat McDonnell did an ace job lensing "Lost Tribe" with Lukas, Casey and Dextremidous proving more than credible as stand-ins for me and my college roommates circa '91...
Remote Summer Internship 2020 with the The Red Hills Motion Picture Releasing Co., LLC.  Opportunity in the Motion Picture Industry:  Social Media Marketing for Motion Pictures. Summer Session May 11th– July 31st, 2020. To schedule your interview please contact: Gayle Gari / Administrative Assistant. E-mail: pcasstgayle at gmail.com<mailto:pcasstgayle at gmail.com> Mobile: 845.300.0268 OR. Paul Cohen / President. E-mail: paulcohenfilm at gmail.com<mailto:paulcohenfilm at gmail.com>  Phone: 850.242.4001
Greetings from Film Florida!  We sincerely hope that you and your families are safe and well in these trying times. The difficulties surrounding this pandemic are undeniable, but we believe it is still no match for our resolve, our determination, and our creativity. At the core of all our creations is a desire to connect to one another. We've lost some of that, but it's our hope to bring that back, even if it's in a small way. To that end, Film Florida is launching the COvideo-19 Project. We want to hear from you... and share your stories, 19 seconds at a time. So, send us a 19 second video you've made. It can be funny, serious, mundane, absurd. You can shoot it with your phone, camera - whatever you prefer. All we ask is that it's 19 seconds and be at minimum 720p, filmed horizontally. We will compile a collection of these videos and release them on social media as the collective voice of our community. This opportunity is open to everyone, not just Film Florida members. Send us a link to your finished video (turn on the ability to download) or email the video. All submissions should be sent to info at FilmFlorida.org. We will be accepting submissions until Monday, April 20th. Please do not include copyrighted material in your video. Anything you submit, you give Film Florida to use freely and without restriction.

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – April 23, 2020

Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) was selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes at a date to be determined, though they’re aiming for late June or early July. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.

Protectors of Life (MFA Thesis 2019 Jameel Karim) was selected for screening at the Sci-Fi & Fantasy: Genre Lab Presented by Life-Off, online May 5-12. For more information about this festival, go to https://liftoff.network/.

Skin I’m In (MFA D2 2018 Chavez Caley) and Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) were selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film and Music Festival in North Carolina, April 23-26. For more information about this festival, go to www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com<http://www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com>.

Furtherance (MFA Thesis 2019 Chavez Caley) was selected for screening at Seattle Black Film Festival, April 23-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://langstonseattle.org/.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival, April 20-29. For more information about this festival, go towww.fmbfilmfest.com<http://www.fmbfilmfest.com>.

Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival, April 22-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.fmbfilmfest.com.

Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) was selected for screening in the Kids First! consortium of festivals, December 27 – May 1. For more information about this festival consortium, go towww.kidsfirst.org<http://www.kidsfirst.org>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo) and Blaming Cairo (MFA Thesis 2019 David Chambers) were selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg, April 30 – May 3. For more information about this festival, go to www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com<http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com>.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival (online version), April 24-26. For more information about this festival, go to https://dc-apafilmsociety.squarespace.com.

On the Fritz (MFA D2 2019 Cole Harrison) was selected for screening at the Longleaf Film Festival in Raleigh, North Carolina, May 8-9. For more information about this festival, go to www.longleaffilmfestival.com.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, May 6-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

Blue Skies (BFA Documentary 2019 Summer Schantz) was invited to screen at the Explore Florida Film Festival at the famous Enzian Theatre in Maitland, Florida on May 2nd.

I’m Not Here (BFA Documentary 2019 Jenavieve Verley/Adrian Ramirez) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival in Florida, May 6-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo) was selected for screening at the BraveMaker Film Fest in Redwood City, California, May 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.bravemaker.com/filmfest.

The Ballad of the Barkeep (MFA Thesis 2019 Eric Hoyer) and Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller) were selected for screening at the Laugh or Die Comedy Fest in DeKalb, Illinois, on May 16.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR), The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), Cutie Pa(toot)ie (BFA F1 2019 Jaelyn Ellis), Irresistible (MFA D1 2019 Sarah Gambles) and The Marionette (MFA D2 2019 Juhyun Jane Jeong) were selected for screening at the Southeast Regional Film Festival in Jacksonville, June 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.serfilmfestival.com/.

My Wife is a Chicken (MFA Thesis 2018 Jingjue Li) was selected for screening at the LGBT Los Angeles Film Festival on June 11, 2020. For more information about this festival, go tolafestival at lgbttorontofilmfestival.com<mailto:lafestival at lgbttorontofilmfestival.com>.

Stage Fright (BFA F3 2019 Geena Hernandez), The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead), All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas), Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo)  and Landless (MFA D2 2019 Joshwa Walton) were selected for screening at the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival in Florida, June 11-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://vbwff.com/.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen) and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes at a date to be determined, though they’re aiming for late June or early July. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com<http://www.ampav.com>.

The Marionette (MFA D2 2019 Juhyun Jeong) was selected for screening and is a Finalist at the Imagination Lunchbox International Children’s Film Festival in Baltimore on August 8. For more information about this festival, go to www.imaginationlunchbox.com<http://www.imaginationlunchbox.com>.

Sex Toy (MFA D2 2019 Kyle Sahadeo) was selected for screening at Austin Revolution, next September 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com.

Him. (BFA F1 2019 Rose Hoover) was selected for screening at the Sick ‘n’ Wrong Film Festival in Orlando, at a date to be determined. For more information about this festival, go to www.sick-n-wrong.com.

Take it Down (BFA F1 2019 Andrew Bourne) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Mount Dora, January 22-24, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com.