[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] FW: Warren Report 4.10.20

Meryl Warren via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:54:32 EDT 2020

From: Meryl Warren <mwarren at fsu.edu>
Date: Friday, April 10, 2020 at 6:40 AM
To: WarrenReport <warrenreport at lists.fsu.edu>
Subject: Warren Report 4.10.20

From Jesse Barksdale (BFA 07) “This is what I've been up to for the past few months! If you need some dark but also funny but also definitely strange entertainment, season 1 of Bug's House is streaming now at https://bugtv.vhx.tv/bugs-house<https://bugtv.vhx.tv/bugs-house?fbclid=IwAR1m3gOusTLCRUsGAnZOszzJDIw2Gfh32NIjI5W_ciGQaJCtyyg13dGvn_4>”

Meet Keisha Ansley Mills (BFA 05) of Kwit! Street Films in Voyage LA Magazine:  http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-keisha-ansley-kwit-street-films-wilshire-center-koreatown/?fbclid=IwAR17gFzsao_ca_HrjNIYN6vUVo50mmtn6weY3P8bVMCv8TzjEk80XtOfuRE

Amazon Prime Video presents the SXSW 2020 Film Festival Collection:  limited time, free access.

From Jamie Rice (BFA 15) “I’ve been feeling super helpless because don’t have any of my own personal money to donate and I’m staying quarantined in my Brooklyn apartment, so I’ve started painting watercolor nudes to raise money for those who need it the most during the pandemic lol

50% of all sales (commissions and digital prints) will be donated, and we’ve already sent $500 to Invisible Hands (https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com<https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com/?fbclid=IwAR0VIxEsFAz2M7VSGAI3XX1jT0W2F9TupmD0FbUTfwKaIj0grHbndvfriQ0>). We’re on our way to reaching a second $500 goal by Friday! Nuts! If you’d like to purchase a print or commission a nude painting for you or a loved one, you can order directly through my site! Gift cards are available for purchase (a fun quarantine gift!!) and if you aren’t comfortable with nudes as a concept, you can donate to the project directly through the site and 100% of your donation will go to the next organization chosen.
Stay safe guys and remember – nudes can save the world.”  https://www.jamiehrice.com/nudes?fbclid=IwAR1n4i400acGWqg7ezEmiL3UY2q0k1fWDPeFi3NnEaBwWDzK4wjynhwPDXE

From Sarah Spicer:  “ I am an FSU alumni working in the industry in Atlanta. I can imagine you have many students and film alums who are feeling uncertain about the industry and where we all are going. In anticipation of business in our industry resuming after we get the peak of this behind us, I welcome you to share that we are accepting screeners and completed films seeking distribution, marketing and sales strategies. I wish you and FSU students and alum alike all the best as we navigate this current global situation. Please let me know if I can further assist you and our fellow filmmakers.
 Stay creative and well.
Sarah Spicer
Spicer Productions
Executive Producer | Director
404-430-7987
W: www.SpicerProductions.com<http://www.SpicerProductions.com>

Brenda’s Screenings & Awards Update – April 9, 2020

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead) won Second Place in the College Narrative category, and Into the Flames (BFA Documentary 2019 Carsen Jessell) won the Suzanne L. Niedland Documentary Award in the Palm Beaches Student Showcase of Films, announced on April 3rd in West Palm Beach. For more information about this competition, go to http://www.pbfilm.com/studentshowcaseoffilms.cfm.

The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), A Colourful Red (BFA Documentary 2019 Costa Karalis/Jack Owen) and Unconverting (BFA Documentary 2019 Taylor Ross) were selected for screening at the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at Cannes at a date to be determined, though they’re aiming for late June or early July. For more information about this festival, go to www.ampav.com.

The Marionette (MFA D2 2019 Yuhyun Jeong) was selected for screening and is a Finalist at the Imagination Lunchbox International Children’s Film Festival in Baltimore on August 8. For more information about this festival, go to www.imaginationlunchbox.com<http://www.imaginationlunchbox.com>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas), Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) and Landless (MFA D2 2019 Joshwa Walton) were selected for screening at the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival in Florida, June 10-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://vbwff.com/.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival (online version), April 24-26. For more information about this festival, go to https://dc-apafilmsociety.squarespace.com.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, May 6-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

I’m Not Here (BFA Documentary 2019 Jenavieve Verley/Adrian Ramirez) was selected for screening at the pop-up Locked In Film Festival – A festival in quarantine, to be held for 3-4 weeks sometime soon. For more information about this online (obviously) festival, go to lockedinfilmfestival.com.

Protectors of Life (MFA Thesis 2019 Jameel Karim) was selected for screening in the short online contest of FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles, March 16 – April 14. For more information about this contest go to firstglancefilms.com.

A Friend for the End (MFA D1 2018 Breyionna Flowers) and Exit (MFA d2 2019 Alex Argiles) were selected for screening at the New Orleans Comedy Film Festival, April 1-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.nocff.com<http://www.nocff.com>.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Beverly Hills Film Festival, April 1-5. For more information about this festival, go to www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com<http://www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com>.

A Friend for the End (MFA D1 2018 Breyionna Flowers) was selected for screening at the Azalea Film Festival in Mobile, Alabama, April 3-4. For more information about this festival, go towww.azaleafilmfestival.com<http://www.azaleafilmfestival.com>.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR) was selected for screening at the Picture’s Up! Film Festival in West Hollywood, April 3-5. For more information about this festival, go to https://picturesupfestival.com/.

Just the IT Guy (BFA F3 2019 Wesley Hayes) were selected for screening at the Chattanooga Film Festival, April 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.chattfilmfest.org/.

The Marionette (MFA D2 2019 Juhyun Jane Jeong) was selected for screening at the Los Angeles Children’s Film Festival, April 10-19. For more information about this festival, go tohttps://www.childrensfilmla.org/.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu), No Fems (BFA Documentary 2019 Tyler Vogel) and Pickpocket (MFA D2 2019 James McKenzie) were selected for screening at the Tallahassee Film Festival, April 15-19. For more information about this festival, go to www.tallahasseefilmfestival.com.

Skin I’m In (MFA D2 2018 Chavez Caley) and Stand Tall (MFA D2 2019 Jessica Bouyer) were selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film and Music Festival in North Carolina, April 23-26. For more information about this festival, go to www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com<http://www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com>.

Furtherance (MFA Thesis 2019 Chavez Caley) was selected for screening at Seattle Black Film Festival, April 23-26. For more information about this festival, go to http://langstonseattle.org/.

A Separation (MFA Thesis 2019 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival, April 20-29. For more information about this festival, go towww.fmbfilmfest.com<http://www.fmbfilmfest.com>.

Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach International Film Festival, April 22-29. For more information about this festival, go to www.fmbfilmfest.com.

Grown Boy (BFA Thesis 2019 Tyler Knutt) was selected for screening in the Kids First! consortium of festivals, December 27 – May 1. For more information about this festival consortium, go towww.kidsfirst.org<http://www.kidsfirst.org>.

All Boys Die (MFA Thesis 2019 Julio Vargas), The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo) and Blaming Cairo (MFA Thesis 2019 David Chambers) were selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg, April 30 – May 3. For more information about this festival, go to www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com.

Blue Skies (BFA Documentary 2019 Summer Schantz) was invited to screen at the Explore Florida Film Festival at the famous Enzian Theatre in Maitland, Florida on May 2nd.

I’m Not Here (BFA Documentary 2019 Jenavieve Verley/Adrian Ramirez) was selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival in Florida, May 6-10. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com.

The Same Blue (MFA Thesis 2019 Wasly Castillo) was selected for screening at the BraveMaker Film Fest in Redwood City, California, May 15-17. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.bravemaker.com/filmfest.

The Ballad of the Barkeep (MFA Thesis 2019 Eric Hoyer) and Death at Dinner (MFA Thesis 2017 Bethany Miller) were selected for screening at the Laugh or Die Comedy Fest in DeKalb, Illinois, on May 16.

Viola (MFA Thesis 2019 Ellen Marmol DR/Alex McFry WR/PR), The Last Summer (BFA F3 2019 Will Stead), Irresistible (MFA D1 2019 Sarah Gambles) and The Marionette (MFA D2 2019 Juhyun Jane Jeong) were selected for screening at the Southeast Regional Film Festival in Jacksonville, June 5-7. For more information about this festival, go tohttps://www.serfilmfestival.com/.

My Wife is a Chicken (MFA Thesis 2018 Jingjue Li) was selected for screening at the LGBT Los Angeles Film Festival on June 11, 2020. For more information about this festival, go tolafestival at lgbttorontofilmfestival.com<mailto:lafestival at lgbttorontofilmfestival.com>.

Stage Fright (BFA F3 2019 Geena Hernandez), The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead) and Dummy Love (BFA F3 2019 Evan Barber) were selected for screening at the Vero Beach Wine + Film Festival in Florida, June 11-14. For more information about this festival, go to http://vbwff.com/.

Sex Toy (MFA D2 2019 Kyle Sahadeo) was selected for screening at Austin Revolution, next September 9-12. For more information about this festival, go to https://austinrevolution.com.

Take it Down (BFA F1 2019 Andrew Bourne) and Ipecac (BFA F1 2019 Daniel Feldman) were selected for screening at the Central Florida Film Festival in Mount Dora, January 22-24, 2021. For more information about this festival, go to www.centralfloridafilmfestival.com.