[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Report 10.31.19

Meryl Warren via WarrenReport via Film-Students via Film-BFA film-bfa at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 31 14:40:59 EDT 2019

The YardBarker has a list of 50 Best Films of the 2010’s.
The five films in the list that were made or EP’d by Film School alums are:
Bridge of Spies
It Follows
Moonlight
Myth of the American Sleepover
Spring
Under the Silver Lake
Check out the complete list at : https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainment/articles/the_50_best_films_of_the_2010s/s1__30401744#slide_21

Congratulations to Nat Sanders (BFA 02)!  Nat Sanders & Elísabet Ronaldsdóttir Named Co-Editors On Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings<https://www.blackfilm.com/read/2019/10/exclusive-nat-sanders-elisabet-ronaldsdottir-named-co-editors-on-marvels-shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-the-ten-rings/>

From Tamala D’Amico (BFA 97)  “Get to know me. Lol - My article with Voyage LA.”
http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-tamela-damico-los-angeles/?fbclid=IwAR3qpKtYuTbv7DDTiIWE_agHC5swHG1jUaKXtQ36o9q3oV212bIOgVm6b_0

And another Voyage LA article on Courtney Marcilliat (BFA 09) http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-courtney-marcilliat-burbank/?fbclid=IwAR3JIEBs-zE6Y84iKJccf3oCGHK-Oqx82KzfPmwRfhWbZVNLt2LzjsNF91c

From Aaron Pagniano (BFA 12). “Zack Ogle (BFA 2013) and I have been touring dozens of genre festivals for over a year now with our short horror/ comedy, "We Got A Monkey's Paw." We've flown all over the states and in November we will be having international premieres in Mexico, Italy, and the UK. We've won a bunch of awards for Best Editing, Best Comedy, Best Overall, and even several Audience Choice awards! We are so incredibly grateful to our cast and crew, featuring other FSU alums Carissa Dorson (BFA 2011), Lexa Payne (BFA 2012), and Kathleen Young (FSU Theatre Program), for donating their time, energy, and skills to our wacky little project. We've learned a lot, so if anyone wants to talk genre fests, feel free to reach out! And you can follow our progress and find a screening near you at facebook.com/WeGotAMonkeysPaw<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/facebook.com/WeGotAMonkeysPaw__;!5Xm4_O-4tfk!lwVJLqxZgNMcd1eSpD8ZuoLiEvX-Tu9GEWdNAuGhdBr9urmsIHTTBUv6FBaJrVQ$>

From Eric Jaffe (BFA 13) “After six months at SoulPancake as a creative writer, I’m thrilled to announce Conflict of Interest, the launch of my first original series with the company. Not only did I co-direct the episode, but FSU alum Lydia Dullinger (BFA 15) also appears as our first guest. Check it out on SoulPancake’s YouTube channel!”

From Steve Dollar and the Tallahassee Film Festival:  “We are accepting submissions for the Festival's 2020 edition, April 15-19.  Here's the link: https://filmfreeway.com/TallahasseeFilmFestival   Looking for anything and everything in a wide range of categories. Details at Film Freeway slash Tallahassee Film Festival.
Fees go up after Nov. 30!

From Phillip Thomas (MFA 16) “ I was just recently accepted to the Hollywood Professional Association Young Entertainment Professionals Class of 2020. Every year, YEP takes about 25 young professionals and pairs them one on one with program alumni and professional volunteers from companies like Disney, Amazon, Netflix, and even Lucasfilm to help them navigate their careers in the entertainment industry.Website is below https://hpaonline.com/programs/young-entertainment-professionals/

From Andew Syder (Film School Associate Dean): “Congratulations to Dr. Lisa Tripp, whose book Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out: Kids Living and Learning with New Media has just been re-issued in a special Tenth Anniversary Edition by MIT Press. The book reports on the findings of what still remains the largest ethnographic study of youth online life in the United States. It has also been extremely influential over the past decade: Starting with the Chicago Public Library’s redesign of its space to include a digital creation space for teens, the ideas in the book have inspired libraries, museums, and educators to rethink how they engage with young people and digital media. Our own curriculum here at the film school has been shaped by this book too!Here’s a blog post about the re-issue by Mimi Ito, the Principal Investigator on the project: https://clalliance.org/blog/announcing-the-10th-anniversary-edition-of-homago/

From Shaina Feldman (MFA 2017)  “Hi, I’m looking for a visual effects compositor for my fantasy feature film. I’m based in FL and would prefer someone in state. You could possibly work remotely. Email: pepperoniafilm at gmail.com<mailto:pepperoniafilm at gmail.com>”

“Today, GCA shines a spotlight on the work of Georgia Teaching Artist Najaa Young. Najaa has been a performer and multidisciplinary arts educator for over 25 years. She has taught drama, filmmaking, African dance, Afro-Caribbean/Latino dance, and creative writing for theaters, colleges, and arts programs in Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, and Cleveland, OH. She is a graduate of Chatham College where she received a B.A. in Theater Arts. She also has a M.F.A. in Film Production from Florida State University’s Graduate Conservatory of Motion Picture, Television and Recording Arts. She has written, produced, and directed several feature films, short films, and plays over the last 15 years. Click the link below to learn more about the work of Najaa Young.

http://gaarts.org/…/…/teaching-artists-registry/najaa-young/<http://gaarts.org/what-we-do/programs/arts-education/teaching-artists/teaching-artists-registry/najaa-young/?fbclid=IwAR1qC65_bRVJrxL1c7vQuYktyPFYXVFR8t28umwDS6ojiJAT8_0CZA6w04c>