[Film-bfad2] [Film-BFA] [Film-Students] [Warren Report] Warren Repor 2.14.19

Meryl Warren mwarren at fsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 14:47:51 EST 2019

LAST CALL FOR TICKETS TO THE FILM SCHOOL OSCAR PARTY:

The Oscars is always a night of stars, excitement, and glamour. Sunday, February 24, 2019 marks the 91st Academy Awards ceremony and the Film School's 10th annual  "A Night at the Oscars".  Come join us on our production sound stages where we'll be cheering on our alumni, and maybe even share in the joy of an Oscar win (again!). With another nomination for Barry Jenkins for Best Adapted Screenplay for If Beale Street Could Talk and alum Jonathan King’s role as Executive Producer on both multi-category nominated films, Roma and Green Book, this will definitely be an exciting evening!

The evening comes complete with your red carpet photo opportunity, delicious food, open bar available from 6:30pm – 8:00pm, and of course the award ceremonies projected on the big screen. There will be prizes awarded to one lucky raffler and for the winning Oscar poll, plus goodies to bid on in the ever-popular silent auction, and plenty of fun giveaways for the commercial breaks .

Whether you dress in your best Hollywood chic or in your hippest LA cool, a fun time is guaranteed as you rub elbows with our accomplished faculty, who have worked on some of Hollywood's most famous films, and our students who could be the Oscar winners of tomorrow.

All proceeds raised from tickets sales go directly to the support of our students and programs.

ONLINE TICKET SALES END FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22 @ 5:00PM. Tickets will be on sale at the door the night of the event.

And another event while we are in LA:   A Film Forum will be held at  Soapbox Films, 1011 West Isabel Street, Burbank, CA 91506 on Wednesday, February 27 from 7-9 PM.   Join us for a moderated conversation followed by Q&A with a diverse panel of independent film producers. We'll discuss development, financing, festivals, and sales. You can register (tickets $10) at  https://tinyurl.com/y62kn3wb  Tickets are going FAST.   Panel guests will be:

Shahrzad Davani - Producer
Shahrzad Davani has a distinctive career spanning 15 years as assistant director and producer to a long list of directors in the independent film world, she has an incredible ability to teach and guide novice and emerging filmmakers to great success all the way through to the editing room. She cares a great deal about how the art of story telling can unfold in front of the camera. This is not to take away from her tireless work to helped put together movies as producer on many Sundance, SXSW and TIFF successfully packaged and sold independent films. Highlights of Shahrzad’s 40 film titles are: Ana Lily Amirpour’s A Girl Who Walks Home Alone at Night & Bad Batch with Annapurna;  James Gunn’s Super , Lee Toland Krieger’s Celeste and Jesse Forever & The Vicious Kind,  Shira Piven’s Welcome to Me, Liza Johnson’s Hateship Loveship, Ned Benson’s The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, Kevin Smith’s Yoga Hosers and Jeff Baena’s Little Hours.

Adam Hendricks - Producer Divide/Conquer
Divide/Conquer (pronounced "Divide and Conquer") was founded in 2013 and is run by producers Adam Hendricks & Greg Gilreath, and seasoned business affairs exec Zac Locke. Since its first film in 2015, the company has produced over a dozen feature films, most notably Magnolia’s’ “Lucky” starring Harry Dean Stanton (2017 SXSW premiere), Netflix's “Cam” (2018 Fantasia multiple award-winner) and upcoming “The Wind” (2018 Toronto International Film Festival), directed by Emma Tammi. Divide/Conquer first focused on creating short-form content such as short films (Michael Mohan's “Pink Grapefruit”, 2016 Sundance premiere), music videos, commercials, and branded content. The team then expanded into the long-form space by producing virtual reality projects, television (Netflix’s Emmy-nominated “Garfunkel & Oates: Trying to be Special,”), web series such as Carlos Lopez Estrada's “High & Mighty” (2018 Sundance Film Festival), and film.

Pip Ngo - Director of Sales & Acquisitions - XYZ Films
Pip Ngo is an entertainment executive with ten years experience in film, TV, and theater. After starting his career working for prominent Broadway producer Carole Shorenstein Hays on the Tony Award-winning revival of FENCES, he joined the New York office of CAA’s Film Finance Group. He moved to Los Angeles to work for Sierra/Affinity, first on the film side and then in acquisitions and development for its former TV arm. Pip transitioned into the technology space with theatrical distribution startup Tugg, where he expanded the platform’s acquisitions activities in the domestic film market. Most recently, he served as a Senior Manager with Vimeo’s content team, representing their interests in the indie film marketplace for their planned SVOD service.

This has been a great awards season for Jonathan King (MFA 91) and Participant Media!  At the BAFTA Awards (British Oscars)  Roma won Best Film, Director, Film Not in the English Language, Cinematography. Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for Green Book.   Keep those awards coming!

And speaking of our LA events, don’t forget that Dr. Valliere Richard Auzenne, who recently retired after 30 years with the Film School, will be our special guest at both the screening and the Film Forum.   She’d love to see all her students!

Vegan Documentary- A Prayer for Compassion to Premier On March 5th
Thomas Jackson (MFA 97), award-winning director-producer, and author-educator Victoria Moran’s new feature-length vegan documentary, A Prayer for Compassion, will premiere New York City on March 5th, the day before the start of Lent.  The premiere event will be held at 8 pm on March 5 at the School of Visual Arts Theatre in New York. Tickets are $17 general admission and Q & A, and $75 for a VIP ticket, where guests will attend a catered, pre-screening reception. The feature-length documentary will officially be released in select theatres, community centers, and churches on March 6th. Visit the Tugg page <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GTkT0yLZ4z2wxL9J7Mv-4KdRvkxmkMa5aHM3OEMhgsuaNpYyCyk10AQzWrHWMiM9S2wRze5paaHbWcRi2hwY46hVii7aYr0hU8Lw_NTH1Y1G_kpm9-dt3npTNmnnS1VirWTXns2kvlX3HXkHmDqIfj2e7K776u8hY3i_GVnxzMal7UR3EqU4LA==&c=i5l6uONUgicY9lxLN-T0VJPV6CpmC1JCz0snP6cAxDSv2ISIGU9NhA==&ch=_ml6egKl4g2dXRrSSkPL53PcPGkg0pPZUb7dEy-dQXzCpakZbrgSIg==> for a list of locations and information on how to facilitate a screening at their local parish or community center.

From Pedro Vivas Hernandez (BFA 12) “I  made a doc portrait: A Place to Call Your Own // Seeking advice and sharing for peer review.  The doc is about NYC Artist Juna Skenderi who also happens to be a DACA recipient: https://vimeo.com/316299998.  It would mean the world to me if you gave it a watch. Also, it is my intention to send it to related online publications/blogs, but I don't quite know where it could fit. If you have any ideas, please let me know. You can reach me at pedrovivash at gmail.com<mailto:pedrovivash at gmail.com>

From Jamie Klein (BFA ADA 15 ) “Thrilled to share that we won in our category, Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode, at the annual Visual Effects Society Awards for “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” which I was the Senior VFX Coordinator on. I'm here at HBO with the same Supervisor & Producer working on our next show. “

From Faren Humes (MFA 11). “My film Liberty has its world premiere at Berlinale this week:
https://www.berlinale.de/en/presse/pressemitteilungen/alle/Alle-Detail_48660.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.berlinale.de_en_presse_pressemitteilungen_alle_Alle-2DDetail-5F48660.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=69CEJ1hV5ORlFX3Leunb9JG0pix9yJ15Ia5QZbWmwRw&s=jEjzhCe39WQeH9SLyy_FPBxyYigGIylTWPTqrKQX_vw&e=>
We're opening the Made in Miami program at Miami Film Festival on March 2nd + 7th:
https://2019.miamifilmfestival.com/films/shorts-2/liberty/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__2019.miamifilmfestival.com_films_shorts-2D2_liberty_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=69CEJ1hV5ORlFX3Leunb9JG0pix9yJ15Ia5QZbWmwRw&s=WL7KDpZU4djRBT-ghUZcJ-miCI49mUiTgplctql6FWU&e=>
Then we're headed to SXSW in March:
https://www.sxsw.com/film/2019/sxsw-film-festival-announces-2019-midnighters-festival-favorites-shorts-episodic-pilots-virtual-cinema-and-closing-night-film/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.sxsw.com_film_2019_sxsw-2Dfilm-2Dfestival-2Dannounces-2D2019-2Dmidnighters-2Dfestival-2Dfavorites-2Dshorts-2Depisodic-2Dpilots-2Dvirtual-2Dcinema-2Dand-2Dclosing-2Dnight-2Dfilm_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=69CEJ1hV5ORlFX3Leunb9JG0pix9yJ15Ia5QZbWmwRw&s=jF8B6GSH2toYxinKYMcl7bi4CxS3UMwekHUiB3QFK5Q&e=>
I’m in Berlin now. We premiered on the 10th. LIBERTY is the only American film in the generation programme.:
https://www.berlinale.de/en/programm/berlinale_programm/datenblatt.html?film_id=201912254<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.berlinale.de_en_programm_berlinale-5Fprogramm_datenblatt.html-3Ffilm-5Fid-3D201912254&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=-0HgdvPAyBzK2UzC-195O_mt0AWJjzbcthWUDdnelrM&s=HLLtN-Di5XbMv1fAAM8GR6gQTbZWP-peI2YLK9SI-3s&e=>   We’re representing hard:)’

Sharing some sad news.  One of his classmates let us know that Oronde Giddings (BFA 95) passed away  this week, no details yet.  There will be a memorial service in South FL in March.

From Ken Jones (MFA 91) “Independent film, My Music has been officially selected into the 25th Annual Sedona International Film Festival in Sedona, Arizona.  With production completed in 2018, writer and director Kenneth Jones began community outreach with The Alzheimer’s Project, a local community partnership to create discussions about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.  The film follows Ruth, a teenage girl who is sent to take care of her aunt Inez, who has Alzheimer’s disease. While traveling through a magical musical world, the movie follows their journey as they try to find their way through the destructive disease of Alzheimer’s, finding each other and themselves. A graduate of Florida State University Film School, Jones (Director/Writer) produced My Music with FSU Film alum Richard Travis (MFA 91)  (DP), Jim Ed Wills (MFA 11) (Editor/VFX), Marco Baretto (MFA 11)  (Production Design/VFX), Marcus Nichols  (MFA 07) (Casting) and Thomas Wilson (MFA 94) (Actor).  Connect with My Music on Facebook at @MyMusicIndiFilm and on Youtube at My Music Film

Carolina Garrigo and Rika Dharmesh Bhakta (both MFA 17) are incredibly excited and honored to share that they have been selected as a quarter-finalists in the ATX Television Festival<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_ATXFestival_-3F-5F-5Ftn-5F-5F-3DK-2DR-26eid-3DARDK0Na8te0b9iGygjFpXesJXwGVtG364BuvAehqGfUMvS7njTsU-5F-5F44BrknEdux9UdDVhxOfvY34Fz9-26fref-3Dmentions-26-5F-5Fxts-5F-5F-255B0-255D-3D68.ARCTbhHe4UxOTgvFrepA7DghLb0C-2DWct95NrVfa6l4kZ481fGY8sZmmp3lrdYCJj3SLqsmL98C8hgw-5FHOyRd7-2DJqAIMJf-2DKHRtlIKXNWyizxXZ4t4EvHcM6vSKVvJROj-2D5jeARJAneQuC9brMPWPdHNtuaPHGDsuaelBF-5F4QLLET-5FftYrum5NIPIxHFVUs-5FSDNkeYd1ZwqjowhMx8g&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=NaN9UcGNnJbQrUlTlRwaWYTmBdpdz_5U3l-oxqJlvEA&s=Ht8o5cAlEPod6CweYcX8_K9_mTijPSCi_dWyp149Pkw&e=>'s Pitch Competition!  Their television series "Lucky & Lori" is a half-hour dramedy inspired by their own lives. It follows two millennial women as they navigate the usual twenty-something struggles, finding their independence, advancing their careers, experiencing love, dealing with their traditional Indian and Cuban families, and realizing what it means to adhere to their culture, but also fit in with their modern American peers.  They are passionate about bringing more diverse content to television, and even though there is much more to be done, and more rounds to go, they feel like this is one small step in the right direction! “

From Livia Ohihoin (BFA 18). “So after graduating I spent 5 months in Germany saving money. I worked as a Casting Assistant for a Reality TV show, Film Catering kitchen assistant for a TV feature film, and Film Set Base Manager for an international feature film.  I was able to meet my money goal and successfully move to New York in January, living with alum Grace Stalley and a third non Fsu roommate.  I started working parttime as a teaching artist, teaching filmmaking and animation to elementary school kids, meanwhile connecting and networking in the dance/choreography world.  Now to the exciting news.

From Jennie Jarvis (BFA 00):  "I'm delighted to announce that my short film script, Toxic, has now been published! It appears in the Winter 2019 edition of Qu Literary Journal. I am also in pre-production to direct the film myself. My leading actress, Savannah Grace Elmer, played Matilda in the National Broadway tour of Matilda! The Musical, and my supporting actor, R. Keith Harris, played Dr. Carson on The Walking Dead. We have a teaser trailer available, and I would love if any out there with the willingness could watch and share! Toxic<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.indiegogo.com_projects_toxic-2D-2D5_x_19604759-3Ffbclid-3DIwAR0Pet4iLg2nNQxpV-5Fbdhp96-2D2zN7nwraWPMxwlKqPFm4-5FukYGDQnPBqV74-23_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=mY-gLOMp2Du5BVOrve6IOW2Pg3gKqWGTQyg0--JCIy0&s=JaCdZH1mwk7NS7gfBgPAYZm2BGDbS7Fyn0_UTcmDllQ&e=>

From Lauren Bickers (BFA 06) “Hey All! I’m down in Northwest Florida (Panama City Beach area) to shoot a short film called EXTRA CREDIT about a young mother who makes a tremendous sacrifice in order to give her child a better life. We anticipate a 3-4 day shoot in March or April of this year in and around Bay and Walton County FL. I'm a bit out the loop in terms of local crew and talent, but would love to cast/crew locally and from nearby cities where possible. This is a low budget shoot, but positions are paid and travel and accommodations will be provided for crew as needed. For casting, please read notice carefully as some parts have travel/accommodations covered, whereas others assume local casting. For crew,  interested parties can email extracreditfilm at gmail.com<mailto:extracreditfilm at gmail.com> with the subject line: YOUR NAME - CREW POSITION INTERESTED IN. In terms of casting, talent is encouraged to apply via Backstage: https://www.backstage.com/casting/extra-credit-274627/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.backstage.com_casting_extra-2Dcredit-2D274627_&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=XK14IrgIaB-M4DhdHvEVmw&m=ifRt2NZNapNpVlgHj80wwHwbi9IryF0bkgtaUMekqhc&s=YOJC0elp84B8s0TI8t_nfp7p1k7UhWmGT8weSYUz760&e=> “

From Josh Cartwright (BFA 13) “From getting married to immediately moving to Pittsburgh, to a taxing job search, life has been crazy. The job search ultimately led me to accept a job at Trying Together, an early education nonprofit in Pittsburgh, where I am currently serving as their Digital Media Manager. Since I am relatively new to Trying Together, I was recently briefed on a video project that requires animation. If you could share/know anyone who might be interested in animating a series of five 1-minute videos for Trying Together, I would be grateful. The animator's responsibility would just be to animate, as an artist has already been hired to do the drawings. Essentially, the artist would send files to the animator for them to animate. Although we are a nonprofit, this would be a paid project and payment is negotiable.   If you are interested, you can reach me at c: 717-965-2807.  josh at tryingtogether.org<mailto:josh at tryingtogether.org>

This is Rich Wills (MFA 11) reaching out with a Washington, DC-based job posting for a full time Video Producer/Editor for Amazon Web Services (AWS) to begin work in the March/April timeframe. I lead a small creative team called 228 Studios which is a dedicated media resource for AWS Marketing in the Worldwide Public Sector, specializing in externally facing video and animation content for government, education and non-profit organization customers.  Feel free to apply and learn more about this position at this link! https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/786433/digital-media-producer-editor-228-studios<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazon.jobs_en_jobs_786433_digital-2Dmedia-2Dproducer-2Deditor-2D228-2Dstudios&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=q9uTLfBmzwboeZxiw2VGlY8GrtbiyplmMzxLaknLovY&m=X7jOo6ikTvd5LiudbEv6Sk9iI7hQb8prF6ILyimZi6s&s=z88TEUYLZzl847Pj2T1x9gImmFBkJ7qVFId3srJ8QmY&e=>

The Art Directors Guild<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__track.smtpsendemail.com_434824_c-3Fp-3Dq3tkYT2Hu3o68GqmT-2DUu0Ww3kJ1BF6cFkakn5AvFRBXyVsW41gC2QSoI8609b9vHoavsDj5ofQ4o4kmOFoMphp9N948spIAV5y4rtoUVDmk-3D&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=3gFsEbiO2KSUrPgw4wRH8Q&m=lN5xFhGTOR5N_Pm2HkYvVdZmpMqw3iZ9Guma60BBdh8&s=OuUt9_hAB4SQw0a91q4VH8UxHG04UqtaI-vaSnSefxY&e=> , American Cinematheque<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__track.smtpsendemail.com_434824_c-3Fp-3D79i43icpZn5FgG7BpiWClpot4VI-5FX2XoH-5FPWj6HCJFOx3NeI8rOtRRpzPAnixgFsdS6w7siebSrZ0xWVjX44UhAMuyfwHZokE4D6oyMfPjqKJzon2dXFOHLqg2GFIWUpWg3rY9VLE5fXiYfShjx-5F3Q-3D-3D&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=3gFsEbiO2KSUrPgw4wRH8Q&m=lN5xFhGTOR5N_Pm2HkYvVdZmpMqw3iZ9Guma60BBdh8&s=_zrL2gNgbT4xWciCi7NVEhhzbVrb4dkQueM7rHvPBs0&e=> and the Set Decorators Society of America<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__track.smtpsendemail.com_434824_c-3Fp-3DMZ1jXdrk4XUm-2DiSyNbAKm59ExB8KnaTpyvvjVxFO68yMRiPoYYBSu7-5FmrzKM4z-5FAI-5FzQUwDRXcmJgV8pDIiddQu9fcgIPlE9MtbhzUlolPrGQlVisJe31GKyz6tc7yap&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=3gFsEbiO2KSUrPgw4wRH8Q&m=lN5xFhGTOR5N_Pm2HkYvVdZmpMqw3iZ9Guma60BBdh8&s=N2LyDENBkfIYjmBnHV3m78U1DOnsGMvl2jWqHwz6fYM&e=> would like to extend an open invitation to you and your students to attend a very special panel discussion of the Production Designers and Set Decorators nominated for the 2019 Academy Awards for Achievement in Production Design to be held the day before the Oscars.  The event, sponsored by The Hollywood Reporter<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__track.smtpsendemail.com_434824_c-3Fp-3DJ3dRt0ePg3123UxAegeDGJrxB65vqaxh2DU7CZPygU0sGmpKCtBstU26Fzle6GaCiLto-2DxrECT1AqudY9jUv3Ucgl74CZrWhqkofDVzIs8ru8QCQc4LxvGCCM9MwcimA&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=3gFsEbiO2KSUrPgw4wRH8Q&m=lN5xFhGTOR5N_Pm2HkYvVdZmpMqw3iZ9Guma60BBdh8&s=uXGGGvM-zTa5z05vZBLu-9ITJO6DzUcG_6h6yVDYUO4&e=>, will be held on Saturday, February 23rd at 3:00 pm at the Egyptian Theatre<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__track.smtpsendemail.com_434824_c-3Fp-3DVqbarll-5FdTLZeF-5FXGCP902zbhtzs2tyQh3OKzyjj4J5g1SV-2D2BwIz8CEI37Jkx1bxv-5FuNAjhbj9GskajeklE-2DlAzaDsL7LHw5u22tAOpAi06jjHo1UkHowctDZKD8rDRWlsYMb3lQ2EugTdj22NHWw49PyChEamoqOzvoqKQLp4-3D&d=DwMGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=3gFsEbiO2KSUrPgw4wRH8Q&m=lN5xFhGTOR5N_Pm2HkYvVdZmpMqw3iZ9Guma60BBdh8&s=vwFQB1e0V7WG5IlIIbBKLZaHvxqkiNSsU-7wpTWNw6M&e=>, 6712 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood. Doors open at 2:00 p.m. and your guests should arrive early as it is usually sold out.  RSVP recommended to reserve seats. The event is open to the public on a first come, first serve basis AFTER the ADG guests are seated.
 RSVP: ADGoscarpanelRSVP at gmail.com<mailto:ADGoscarpanelRSVP at gmail.com>

 The Widescreen Film Festival in Miami is having a Screenwriting & Songwriting Competition:
Submit for Only $12 to Compete for BEST SCREENPLAY & SONGWRITING Award, Free Vacation + Trip to Vegas to Pitch to Distributors!
 *COMPETE FOR:
- BEST SHORT SCREENPLAY
- BEST FEATURE SCREENPLAY
- BEST SONGWRITING
 **AWARDS & PRIZES:
Winners Get a Free 4-5 Night Stay, in either:
Mexico | Bali | Thailand | Orlando
 We will also provide the Winners with FREE 4-Star Hotel Accommodations in Vegas during our Annual Convention (Sept 26-29), give you 1 complimentary pass to our Celebrity Dinner & Awards Gala, and set you up with a FREE (1-on-1: 10-Min) Pitch Session to a noteworthy Distributor in the industry. **SUBMIT HERE: https://filmfreeway.com/writingcentralcompetition<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__filmfreeway.com_writingcentralcompetition&d=DwMFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=xIpHzcuwX3JVa7Cos0-8rp9kWVUsRgJBtEEOHh36rPc&m=vibaRiBUk7CxYTk7K8Nox4N4OUyjh34X-xhvXZ2lnKA&s=4tUHyTTpulr8HAg5HIobVIRF7jtmz3Cu5I62ClLlNaY&e=>

Sending lots of Valentine love to all our alums!  And everyone else who puts up with getting the Warren Report each week!

FSU CMPA Screenings & Awards Update – February 14, 2019

AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart), Bomb Shell (BFA F3 2018 Ryland Carlin) and Saving Blockbuster (BFA Documentary 2018 Wesley Hayes/Alex Ullom) were selected for screening at the Florida Film Festival, April 12-21. For more information about this festival, go to www.enzian.org, FloridaFilmFestival.com.

For the Woman on the Floor (BFA Thesis 2018 Livia Ohihoin/Carolina Beguiristain) was selected for screening at the inaugural Battle of Film Schools film festival in New York City on February 23rd. For more information about this festival, go to http://katrafilmseries.com/2018/12/04/battle-of-film-schools/.

Amor de Madre (MFA D2 2018 Wasly Castillo) was selected for screening at the Oklahoma Cine Latino Film Festival in Oklahoma City, March 8-9. For more information about this festival, go to http://historiccapitolhill.com/okcine-latino.

Splinter (BFA F3-2018 Brady Holcomb), Mind Over Manor (BFA Documentary 2018 Noah Paradiso), Wiener Roast (BFA F3 2018 Emma Landeche) and Reformed and Retweeted (BFA Documentary 2018 Siara-Lauren Brown) were selected for screening at the Southern Sunset Undergraduate Film Festival in Carrollton, Georgia on February 15. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.westga.edu/academics/coss/mass-communications/undergrad-film-fest.php.

Sight (MFA Thesis 2017 Janeen Talbott) was selected for screening at the Hayti Heritage Film Festival in Durham, North Carolina, February 14-16. For more information about this festival, go to https://hayti.org.

Bomb Shell (BFA F3 2018 Ryland Carlin) was selected for screening and will be an award-winner, and Mermaids (BFA Documentary 2018 Geena Hernandez) will be awarded Best Florida Student Documentary at Et Cultura in St. Petersburg, Florida, February 13-17. For more information about this festival, go to www.etcultura.com<http://www.etcultura.com>.

Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity) was invited to screen at the Sembene Film and Arts Festival in Pittsburgh on February 28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.sembenefilmfestival.org/.

AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Pensacon Short Film Festival in Pensacola, February 22-24. For more information about this festival, go tohttp://pensacon.com/events/short-film-festival.

The Cleanse (MFA Thesis 2017 Lucas Omar) were selected for screening at Queer Screen’s Mardi Gras Film Festival in Sydney, Australia, February 13-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.queerscreen.org.au.

Mama I Wanna March (MFA Thesis 2017 Malcolm Baity) was invited to screen at the Sembene Film and Arts Festival in Pittsburgh on February 28. For more information about this festival, go to http://www.sembenefilmfestival.org/.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Smoked (MFA D2 2017 Jonas Schubach), Cruisin’ (BFA F3 2018 Brandon Knack), The Art of Foley (MFA D2 2017 Sara Karimipour), AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart), Common Unity (BFA Documentary 2018 Josh Devaughn/Zach Freeman) and Harmony (BFA F3 2018 Tyler Kula) were selected for screening at the South Georgia Film Festival in Valdosta, March 1-3. For more information about this festival, go to www.southgeorgiafilm.com<http://www.southgeorgiafilm.com>.

Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the inaugural monthly Dumbo Film Festival in Brooklyn, March 8-9. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.dumbofilmfestival.com/.

Enyol the Luminary (BFA F3 2018 Elyse Carley), Open Up (BFA F3 2018 Savannah Berube), Look Past (BFA F3 2018 Jessica Kirby), The Portrait (BFA F3 2018 Nicole Low), The Feeling of It (BFA Thesis 2018 Erin Smyth), The Girl and the Bird (BFA Thesis 2017 Emily Mills), Rein It In (BFA F3 2017 Kaia Irish) and Hedge Hero (BFA Thesis 2016 Lauren Hammond) were invited to screen at a special Broward County Library event featuring women in animation titled “Colorful Language: Women in Animation” on March 9 in Coconut Creek, Florida.

Woman of Steel (BFA Documentary 2018 Chris Violette) is nominated for a College Television Award (Student Emmys) in the Loreen Arbus Focus on Disabilities category. We know it’ll win because it’s the only nominee. The awards ceremony will take place March 16th in Los Angeles. For more information about this competition, go to http://www.emmys.com/foundation/programs/cta.

The Orthodontist’s Son (BFA F3 2018 Stephen Musumeci), The Stranger (MFA Thesis 2017 Katherine Oostman), The Great Wall of Vicky Lynn (MFA Thesis 2017 YuYing Chien) and Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) were selected for screening at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, March 19-24. For more information about this festival, go to www.gasparillafilmfestival.com.

Hasti Joon (MFA Thesis 2018 Sara Karimipour) was selected for screening at the Golden State Film Festival in Los Angeles at the TCL Chinese Theaters, March 22-28. For more information about this festival, go to https://www.goldenstatefilmfestival.com/.

My Landline (BFA Documentary 2018 Evan Barber) and Woman of Steel (BFA Documentary 2018 Chris Violette) were selected for screening at the American Documentary Film Festival (AmDocs) in Palm Springs, March 29 – April 4. For more information about this festival, go to www.americandocfilmfest.com<http://www.americandocfilmfest.com>.

Knock Knock (MFA Thesis 2018 Kennikki Jones) was selected for screening at the Third Eye Film Festival in New York City, March 29-31. For more information about this festival, go tohttps://www.thirdeyefilmfest.com/.

Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen) was selected for screening at the Charlotte Black Film Festival, April 4-7. For more information about this festival, go towww.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com<http://www.charlotteblackfilmfestival.com>.

Killer Kart (MFA Thesis 2012 J Feeney), The Infamous Guy Christman (MFA D2 2017 Anthony DeNiro) and Siphon (MFA Thesis 2018 Anthony DeNiro) were invited to screen at RavenCon in Williamsburg, Virginia, April 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.ravencon.com<http://www.ravencon.com>.

An Altar of Sorts (MFA Thesis 2018 Brandon Shenk) and A Familiar Stranger (MFA Thesis 2018 Yining Xu) were selected for screening at the Beverly Hills Film Festival, April 5-7. For more information about this festival, go to www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com<http://www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com>.

Full Circle (BFA Documentary 2017 Raymond Knudsen), Flag Duty (BFA F3 2018 Raymond Knudsen) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) were selected for screening at the Fort Myers Film Festival, April 10-14. For more information about this festival, go to www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com<http://www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com>.

The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead), Space Race (MFA D2 2018 Billy Kalstrom), My Landline (BFA Documentary 2018 Evan Barber), Nothing to Fear (MFA D2 2017 Ellen Marmol), Splinter (BFA F3 2018 Brady Holcomb) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) were selected for screening at the Fort Myers Beach Film Festival, April 24-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.fmbfilmfest.com<http://www.fmbfilmfest.com>.

Red, White and Navy (BFA Documentary 2018 Royce Marnell) was selected for screening at the Fair Winds Veterans Film Festival in Marietta, Georgia, April 27-29. For more information about this festival, go to http://travelfarproductions.com.

The Misadventures of Riley and Jess (BFA F1 2017 Chayse Banks), Hasti Joon (MFA Thesis 2018 Sara Karimipour), Re-Dickulous (MFA D1 2017 Dani Fiondella), Inked (BFA F3 2018 Kyra Gardner), Wiener Roast (BFA F3 2018 Emma Landeche), Grandma Eunice (BFA Thesis 2018 Rob Bevis) and AV Club (BFA F3 2018 Nick Markart) was selected for screening at the Laugh or Die Comedy Fest in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on April 27. For more information about this festival, go to http://laughordiecomedyfest.com/.

Standardized Heisting (MFA Thesis 2018 Jake Hutchison), The Flip Side (BFA Documentary 2018 Will Stead), Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu), Amor de Madre (MFA D2 2018 Wasly Castillo) were selected for screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Pete, Florida, April 25-28. For more information about this festival, go to www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com<http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com>.

Doll It Up (MFA D2 2018 Yalan Hu) was selected for screening at the NYC Independent Film Festival, May 5-12. For more information about this festival, go to http://nycindieff.com.